• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aha. Watched a fairly long (~15mins) gameplay video when it was newly released. Looked like a vast world with "puzzles" being rather complex. Did not imagine being a short adventure. Nothing wrong with that though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
4,5 hours for Ethan Carter? Did you rush it or is the game that short? Assumed it was a longer (+10hrs) slow adventure game.

Nah, game is pretty short. It's more of a walking sim than a puzzle game. I did a 1.1 hour speedrun of the original release this morning to put things in perspective and that was with some distractions.

GaussTek

Thad good then. That's what I liked about Celceta. Ys II was quite the shock to me with how maze like it felt like sometimes.

The other one in which I also got lost/confused in a couple of dungeons was Ys VI
specially on the Limewater Cave, that annoying dark dungeon/cave
. The game has a map for the overworld as the modern ones, but I also remember it being particulary more confusing than useful lol.

Anyway, I played it before the Steam version, which I think now adds warps and other useful things from the more modern Ys games (but not enough for me to replay it heh).

Aerocrane

Wow I think that's the first time I have ever seen someone express that opinion. Everyone I know and myself included can't stand the convex sticks on all previous Dualshocks.

I grew up with PlayStation consoles and my only experience with concave sticks was shoddy 3rd party controllers for the PS2 which is why I dislike controllers with concave sticks. I've got a Xbox 360 controller for Windows and due to the positioning of the sticks it feels that the dpad is too close to my fingers when holding the controller.

madjoki

Did you finish the levels before the game came out of EA? Which I realize is probably the main reason why there aren't that many scores but still, it's a great game and replaying the earlier levels doesn't take that long.

Nope, partially in EA & after release.

I was checking out Steam leaderboards. Seems like in-game has more entries, but still not all completed levels.

Dr Dogg

I am still not sure. Maybe if there is deal for 20$ by the end of the year (Nvidia codes maybe).

Bought and paid for already :p

Terrible post! Geralt is judging you.

My excuse this time is I'm waiting for the expansion to drop. Then I'm sure I'll make up some gibberish about waiting for my Steam Controller to arrive but then I'll get back to it. To be fair I've got a bigger playtime than some who have completed it.

I was talking about how Win10 is bad/the devil or something
Nah I didn't say that. Half my friends say they have no problems then the other half have all the problems in the world.

It doesn't help that I am paranoid most of the time about a new OS so this isn't helping.

EDIT: Can't say I am a fan with the smooth tops of Dualshocks sticks but, I deal with it. I am personally fine with concave sticks.

Knurek

I've put about 14 hours into it and it's pretty good. Got a couple quibbles (like the row not being highlighted as you move around and it not telling you if you're wrong) but it runs well, natively supports the PS4 and Xbox One controllers, has a few graphics options and is just a good couch Picross game.

I actually prefer Wario's Picross ruleset to Mario's Picross one, so I don't mind that.
How are the later puzzles. Sufficiently tough not to power through? Most of the ones in the demo were really basic, beginner's stuff.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Wii U pro > xb1 > ds4 for pc controller as long as a good d-pad is more important than analogue triggers (aka if you play racing games)

Wii U pro > xb1 > ds4 for pc controller as long as a good d-pad is more important than analogue triggers (aka if you play racing games)
I would use or at least try my WiiU pro controller, if it didn't require Bluetooth.

I wish the thing could actually get drivers.

Deques

weekndjuxa9.png

Will beating Ethan in two different versions count as beating two games?

Dr Dogg

You could map accelerate to the right stick in the WiiU version of NFS Most Wanted, problem solved!

I use my WiiU controller with Retroarch and it's pretty much spot on for everything.

Jawmuncher

I gotta say the new need for speed is quite fun. Way better than I would have though and i'm not even a big racing fan. But what I have played so far, I could see myself buying it and enjoying it in the future. Even with 30 FPS on PC.

chronomac

I actually prefer Wario's Picross ruleset to Mario's Picross one, so I don't mind that.
How are the later puzzles. Sufficiently tough not to power through? Most of the ones in the demo were really basic, beginner's stuff.

I've found them harder than the hardest stuff in Picross DS, for what that's worth. I don't have the game in front of me at the moment but they are huge, past 30x30 if memory serves me right. Each set of puzzles begins with toss-ups that are a breeze then moves into tough territory. You can do the really big puzzles in pieces, taking a quadrant at a time if you want. You get one ribbon if you do that, 2 if you take the puzzle in a couple parts and then 3 ribbons if you take the whole, big-ass puzzle in one go (Normal, Pro, and Master options).

Arthea

I've found them harder than the hardest stuff in Picross DS, for what that's worth. I don't have the game in front of me at the moment but they are huge, past 30x30 if memory serves me right. Each set of puzzles begins with toss-ups that are a breeze then moves into tough territory. You can do the really big puzzles in pieces, taking a quadrant at a time if you want. You get one ribbon if you do that, 2 if you take the puzzle in a couple parts and then 3 ribbons if you take the whole, big-ass puzzle in one go (Normal, Pro, and Master options).

soon.jpg

only two weeks left

Apparently you're doing it better than most of anyone in here.

Personally, I've never seen a booster for something that actually has cards of value.
Sweet. I got luck for once.

Now this made me obsessed with cards all morning lol and looking into IdleMaster but don't want to get banned for e-cred levels and a few cents of profit. I know it has been around for a while but not sure if worth it.

Sweet. I got luck for once.

Now this made me obsessed with cards all morning lol and looking into IdleMaster but don't want to get banned for e-cred levels and a few cents of profit. I know it has been around for a while but not sure if worth it.
IdleMaster is safe. Very safe. Nothing bad will happen by using it. It is made by the same guy who made EnhancedSteam. I hear dude is trustworthy.
:p

I'm so angry at myself. Had the perfect run. Tons of gold, bought bombs and roped up the wazoo, even got a shotgun! All the way from 1-1 to 4-1 with only 2 hits and 4 lives left; 21 bombs, 11 ropes.
Killed the weird floating enemy with the energy weapon. Changed my shotgun for that goodness. Nothing can stop me now! Right? Wrong!! Me choking so damn hard did stop me.
I was so close man, so close. Feels real bad man :(

Here the chokage (webm ~1,5mins)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm so angry at myself. Had the perfect run. Tons of gold, bought bombs and roped up the wazoo, even got a shotgun! All the way from 1-1 to 4-1 with only 2 hits and 4 lives left; 21 bombs, 11 ropes.
Killed the weird floating enemy with the energy weapon. Changed my shotgun for that goodness. Nothing can stop me now! Right? Wrong!! Me choking so damn hard did stop me.

Brutal. :(

Zafir

Man Steam servers has been totally shit for me recently. Dota 2 randomly kicks me from games, or doesn't let me connect even though my internet has been perfectly fine. It's not every game either, I can do like 6 in a row and be fine, and then suddenly there's one which is terrible for it. Then the client servers randomly go down. x.x This time it caused me to get an abandon, le sigh.

FloatOn

Apotheon is average in every respect. I'm on the last level and I'm unsure if I'll even take the time to finish it.

It may be time to move on to the better metroidvania Ori and the blind forest

I'm totally surprised you didn't manage to off yourself with the automatic seek-and-destroy nature of the staff Anubis drops. I'm pretty sure you could've used it to waste that mummy (also, if you have the spike boots, those mummy enemies aren't so bad if you come at them from above).

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member

Finished Ys I & II last night. After finally getting past the hump of the bump combat system. I really came to enjoy Ys I. I liked how while simple it still had a nice challenge to it, was also great that the dungeons and others areas while big for their age. Never got too convoluted or confusing. On the other hand while I still enjoyed Ys II to an extent. It adds way too much onto the base of Ys I and is worse off for it. There was far more grinding in Ys II (In Ys I you're max level without much work before you're even at the end of the game) and the dungeons get very very confusing. Doesn't help that the last dungeon alone has so much back and forth, that it really kills the pace of it. Still not a bad experience, but compared to the first Ys I was a tad bit dissapointed. Both games together took about 11 hours with Ys II being the longer of the two at like 6ish hours. My time is a tad wrong since there was some idling before I played so i'm just subtracting that off the top of my head. Overall still think both are worth playing especially for those who like older jrpgs. Since they're pretty unique in that genre. They go on sale every holiday for a pretty good price.
I'm glad you enjoyed them! I agree that Ys 1 is better than Ys 2. I thought magic made Ys 2 a little too easy, and I definitely got lost a few times like you did (I didn't mind it as much though). I also liked the story better in Ys 1, I guess. What difficulty did you play on?

Glad you liked it! Did you try out the
magic ins Ys II which lets you talk to roos?
Isn't that necessary to beat the game, or am I remembering it wrong?

Just read your post, AEROBAT looks and sounds amazing.

GifJump3.gif
This looks so cool. I need to check out that thread.

Giving away my code from my Fallout Anthology Collection in case anyone still doesn't own all of the Fallout games. :) Thread
Wow that's really generous.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

you should basically never use that rod as a weapon

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of controllers. I haven't used a Dualshock 4 that much but how is the D-pad on it?

You brought this on yourself!

It's an improved version of the classic ds d-pad, which is what is wrong with it

Sony could have made it godlike by implementing something like the vita d-pad, which is one of the best pads ever made

It's an improved version of the classic ds d-pad, which is what is wrong with it

Sony could have made it godlike by implementing something like the vita d-pad, which is one of the best pads ever made

Well I am not the biggest fan of the dualshock d-pad for an extended period of time so that might be okay.

Vita d-pad is really damn good though I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom