• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
cr5OxP0.png

Spelunky is very quickly climbing the ladder up. Astonishing replay value for a seemingly small, indie 2D platformer.

Not seeing anything in sight dethroning Souls games though to be honest.

Ozium

cr5OxP0.png

Spelunky is very quickly climbing the ladder up. Astonishing replay value for a seemingly small, indie 2D platformer.

Not seeing anything in sight dethroning Souls games though to be honest.

Do you play the Spelunky Daily Challenges?

Also you might like BoI Rebirth

derExperte

48% avg game completion reached. Took way too long, need to get back in the groove. In other news the last boss of Assault Android Cactus is a bitch. Not that I'm calling her a 'bitch' bitch, she could have a nice personality. You know what I mean, nasty difficulty spike.

image.php

Also:
Baaaayyyeeeerrrrnnnnnn

Annubis

It's been years since I bought Dungeons of Dredmor.
I should make an effort and finish it.

My character is on lvl 11 of I don't know how much (got the DLCs)

KarmaCow

Are the devs of Divinity: Original Sin going to be giving out copies of the first game for backers of D:OS2 after the Enhanced Edition comes out? I was kinda expecting to start playing it after the Kickstarter ended.

Caerith

Are the devs of Divinity: Original Sin going to be giving out copies of the first game for backers of D:OS2 after the Enhanced Edition comes out? I was kinda expecting to start playing it after the Kickstarter ended.
Only to those who backed at $50 and above I think.

How do you get a list of your Steam games like that? I wanna see a breakdown of which ones I've played most.

Go to the games screen from your profile, it gives the option to sort by time played.

Khronico

I really wanted to like Spelunky but for some reason it never clicked for me. I guess I like the more traditional turn based roguelike stuff more.

Do you play the Spelunky Daily Challenges?

Also you might like BoI Rebirth
I played Daily Challenge once but it was just a regular game? Dunno, didn't bother afterwards. Thought it would be some kind of goal every day, "get 20k gold", "kill 10 enemies" or something like that.

Turfster

In other news the last boss of Assault Android Cactus is a bitch. Not that I'm calling her a 'bitch' bitch, she could have a nice personality. You know what I mean, nasty difficulty spike.
God, yes.
I got up to the void, and died on the second to last enemy.
After that, I keep getting killed by Justice.
Fucking Justice.
I hate that guy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Having some server trouble with ModBot, investigating, but you might experience some temporary downtime.

Edit: Back up. Sorry for inconvenience.

Ozium

I played Daily Challenge once but it was just a regular game? Dunno, didn't bother afterwards. Thought it would be some kind of goal every day, "get 20k gold", "kill 10 enemies" or something like that.

The Daily Challenge is the regular game but everyone who plays it plays the exact same layout, same item placement, enemies, level layout, etc. It changes every day. Once you play it and win or get game over you can't play it again..

There are leaderboards for time (if you complete it, otherwise it will say how far a person got) and one for score, you can compare to everyone on steam or to friends... it's fun.

The Daily Challenge is the regular game but everyone who plays it plays the exact same layout, same item placement, enemies, level layout, etc. It changes every day. Once you play it and win or get game over you can't play it again..

There are leaderboards for time (if you complete it, otherwise it will say how far a person got) and one for score, you can compare to everyone on steam or to friends... it's fun.
Oh wow, that sounds awesome actually. Will give a try tomorrow.

Nabs

I guess my question worded poorly, I meant when are they giving out codes for it? I backed for the double pack but I assumed they would be giving them out right after the KS ended.

The FAQ states that it should be released this month, and that's when you'll get a key.

So far I like a couple but it certainly isn't a common thing.

Nothing wrong with that. Every genre has its good games and its bad games. Even if you're not a fan of a genre you still might be able to find one or two you could enjoy. And I sure as hell wouldn't go recommending every game in the genres I enjoy, because boy howdy have I played some clunkers.

Nothing wrong with that. Every genre has its good games and its bad games. Even if you're not a fan of a genre you still might be able to find one or two you could enjoy. And I sure as hell wouldn't go recommending every game in the genres I enjoy, because boy howdy have I played some clunkers.

Ha, yeah I know that feeling.

Anyone want a 75% of Hydrophobia Prophecy coupon or a 33% off Nuclear Throne coupon? Only thing I ask is to trade me your most worthless item to complete my first Steam trade and the last task for the Community Ambassador badge. :)

Pm me if you want.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

sector -- MB-BAC8D83EFCBFA604 - Taken by rainking187
Nandeyanen!? - The 1st Sutra -- MB-489B3F414360378F - Taken by XDDX
screencheat #2 -- MB-F6510731763B0891 - Taken by Stumpokapow
after the end: the harvest -- MB-2C83A931B42C00D5 - Taken by darkchewie
clandestinity of eisle -- MB-24BF4E37851169AB - Taken by Catshade
super cyborg -- MB-517D3A8D8364EF4B - Taken by criesofthepast
pilot crusader -- MB-C4336D0419EE9DEC - Taken by crazyrabbits
Skullgirls Plus DLC -- MB-8579D3D5F7E86490 - Taken by texhnolyze
Ittle Dew -- MB-4939B8740149FCC0 - Taken by ExoSoul
shan gui -- MB-A3FDAE85A60D0262 - Taken by Spring-Loaded
screencheat -- MB-AB209381F5764BA3 - Taken by fertygo
stick rpg 2: director's cut -- MB-14F90280FA48CCF9 - Taken by xGreg
Shadowgate 2014 -- MB-C9B85A9F056CC529 - Taken by Eila
Deep Dungeons of Doom -- MB-C161356BBED82577 - Taken by GaussTek
goodbye deponia -- MB-02684F8CF5B8F76D - Taken by Sammichu
sir, you are being hunted -- MB-D2EB9DAA97827985 - Taken by fallout
riddled corpses -- MB-D303C7E27E08B992 - Taken by Kuroyume
The Forest of Doom -- MB-D23991AA28B2986C - Taken by Baron_Calamity
hektor -- MB-E3EB053B6DD57A50 - Taken by criesofthepast
spoiler alert: collector's edition -- MB-6F413FF10308346A - Taken by Mikurden
kidnapped -- MB-DF74118D8B681446 - Taken by Terra_Ex
Before the Echo -- MB-3C2C729BAF5A7D2E - Taken by Dsyndrome
rooms: the main building -- MB-DAF64E37873DD442 - Taken by Haunted
t1cxE6r.gif
Planetary Annihilation -- MB-AC75DF357BA8231A - Taken by Jawmuncher

FloatOn

streamgaf was right. Ori and the blind forest is crazy good. So glad I picked it up on that price mistake, but having now played it I think it's worth full price

Thanks to the anonymous donor of those 24 steam codes. First time winning something. They are going super slowly I could have gotten 15 of them but left it at 2 and still feel bad for taking more than one even though it says free for all. :(

Got coupons for whoever wants them as per my post above. Don't even need anything in return. Just want to give back something in this thread.

iosefe

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 24 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Before the Echo -- MB-3C2C729BAF5A7D2E

why is this unclaimed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom