• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are reporting that buying Sylvio on IndieGameStand for 1$ is giving a steam key. Probably a glitch, and Paypal is being slow as ass in processing payments today so trying to get it it's a bit of a gamble. I will let you know if it worked for me once paypal processes it.

I tried also, I was able to buy the game without an account but I have to have an account to view the key in my nonexistant game wallet? I guess they'll send an email with it because otherwise I have no way of getting the key lol.

Soulflarz

Banned
Reminds me of when I gambled on Samurai Watriors DLC that mistakenly gave you the full game, and won.

Pls that was my thread
before Wario64 even saw it
. You didn't gamble, I did, forking over $5 on a whim ;-;

But hey, alls well ends well, free game lol.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Flash tho

NXTHgM5.gif

Jawmuncher

Pls that was my thread
before Wario64 even saw it
. You didn't gamble, I did, forking over $5 on a whim ;-;

But hey, alls well ends well, free game lol.

I didn't even play more than 5 minutes just wanted in on the deal lol. Main reason I haven't bothered with any musou yet on PC. Need more games that aren't based on japanses mythology/history

Transformers Devastation looks like another Korra but people in the OT thread for it are hyped so whatever.

Someone in here is probably gonna get mad. But platinum fans can be pretty fierce around here no matter what they put out. My suggestion of them making a new style of game was more than evident of that.

Annubis

I didn't even play more than 5 minutes just wanted in on the deal lol. Main reason I haven't bothered with any musou yet on PC. Need more games that aren't based on japanses mythology/history

I'd like to learn more about this japanses history.
Is it the shared history of Japan and panties? Because that's a tall tale my friend.

Xanathus

Someone in here is probably gonna get mad. But platinum fans can be pretty fierce around here no matter what they put out. My suggestion of them making a new style of game was more than evident of that.

I'm a fan of Platinum games like Bayonetta and Rising but these low-effort franchise tie-ins like Korra and Transformers are the exact opposite of what I like about Platinum. I don't even care about campaign length as long as the cutscenes and gameplay are ball-dropping awesome but the stuff shown on streams have been mediocre, and I even recognize re-used combat mechanics and enemies from their other games. Devastator is basically just a reskinned version of any of the big enemies from any of Platinum's other games.

Nabs

It looks like I've gone full anime thanks to Rayge. I'm going to learn how to play Arcana Heart 3 if it's the end of me. Thanks for the hookup, I'm having fun mashing buttons for now.

Jawmuncher

I'd like to learn more about this japanses history.
Is it the shared history of Japan and panties? Because that's a tall tale my friend.
It is what it is.
(All typos for tonight are because of my phone)

Actually looks quite interesting. Will keep an eye out for impressions.

I'm a fan of Platinum games like Bayonetta and Rising but these low-effort franchise tie-ins like Korra and Transformers are the exact opposite of what I like about Platinum.

I agree. I'll hold judgement on transformers since I haven't played it. But Korra did not impress me at all. If platinum wasn't the dev doubt many would have played it.

-----

I have 24 hour duty tonight so I'll be in this steam thread for most of it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So every year on my birthday my wife usually gets me something "gaming related" and she always stresses about it because she really is pretty clueless usually
or just acts that way
when it comes to gaming in general but specifically what kind of stuff I already have and what kind of stuff I like.

I think she did pretty good this year!

also, bonus pic because I get silly around cameras sometimes:

I'm not really sure where she got it from, but there's another one she got with a different design that's grey. Both are awesome.

Momentary

Banned
Caladrius Blaze is coming to PC courtesy of H2 Interactive. It was announced 2 weeks ago, but peopel failed to looks past the PS4 announcement.

칼라드리우스 블레이즈 = Caladrius Blaze

004_zpsh7lrdlvy.jpg

@MUWANdo just pointed this out on the PC Shmup thread.

So every year on my birthday my wife usually gets me something "gaming related" and she always stresses about it because she really is pretty clueless usually
or just acts that way
when it comes to gaming in general but specifically what kind of stuff I already have and what kind of stuff I like.

I think she did pretty good this year!

also, bonus pic because I get silly around cameras sometimes:

I'm not really sure where she got it from, but there's another one she got with a different design that's grey. Both are awesome.
Look at all dat sass in the second pic, hahaha.

Anteater

korra was also budget price and transformers is 49 bucks, so expectation would be higher from me, but it looks like it could be just a more basic rising with some other PG elements mixed in and a bunch of challenge levels/loot/multiple characters, sounds like quantity over quality, so I probably won't bite until it costs about the same as Korra, I'm sure I'll enjoy it and can't wait to play considering I liked stuff like mitsurugi kamui hikae and korra, but don't have the money.

Jawmuncher

Caladrius Blaze is coming to PC courtesy of H2 Interactive. It was announced 2 weeks ago, but peopel failed to looks past the PS4 announcement.

004_zpsh7lrdlvy.jpg

Didn't know this was a shootem up. Pic and box art for those too lazy to google.

Gameplay:http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IlLWRdkGaSs

korra was also budget price and transformers is 49 bucks, so expectation would be higher from me, but it looks like it could be just a more basic rising with some other PG elements mixed in and a bunch of challenge levels/loot/multiple characters, sounds like quantity over quality, so I probably won't bite until it costs about the same as Korra, I'm sure I'll enjoy it and can't wait to play considering I liked stuff like mitsurugi kamui hikae and korra, but don't have the money.

Tony hawk is 60 bucks and from the same publisher just saying.

Jawmuncher

yeah, so I'm not sure if the price reflects its actual quality/budget of the game, gonna wait for a price drop.

No idea what they'm were thinking about with tony hawk and prototype HD earlier this year. Why acti cares so little about their image because they have COD, Destiny, and Blizzard is beyond me. You would think that they'd try to at least stick to some standard. Give EA shit all you want but in recent years everything has at least been decent. BF4 is the biggest scar they have and that was at least fixed.

But yeah here I think it's a case of Acti greed and more than likely not polish but perhaps length. Since even with multiple characters. I bet they figure most people are still only going to play it once.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
i could've sworn you told me pretty much your whole fam plays games. Also I'm either late or early for your birthday but I don't give a shit, happy bday :)

somewhere experte is getting fueled with rage

Thanks man. My wife and I have been together for nearly 10 years now, and I think she learned pretty early on that while the majority of my life revolves around gaming, giving games as gifts is usually a pretty risky move since I'm apt to purchase the ones I'm interested in anyway. When we first got together she would just give me gift cards or just go shopping with me to pick something out on my birthday, which I'm totally cool with. The past few years she's gotten a bit more adventurous - picking up things like a SNES cartridge copy of Earthbound and these shirts.

She's more of a "reluctant gamer" by association, but I've gotten her hooked on quite a few games once or twice.

MUnited83

For you.
People are reporting that buying Sylvio on IndieGameStand for 1$ is giving a steam key. Probably a glitch, and Paypal is being slow as ass in processing payments today so trying to get it it's a bit of a gamble. I will let you know if it worked for me once paypal processes it.

Totally just got a Steam key for Sylvio from IndieGameStand, I only paid $1.05.

I can confirm that I received mine just now as well. Paid 1.01$ :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for The Dear Leader:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The Dear Leader, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sylvio -- MB-5F4B84C0EDB8AC1F - Taken by Henry Swanson. 8 entrants total.

t1444096910z1.png

Bought another copy to give away, have at it.

004_zpsh7lrdlvy.jpg

nice , always good to see more shoot em ups coming to steam :)

Pakkidis

Hexcells, Hexcells Plus perfect every level..... Hexcells Plus was brutal, I had to look at a walkthrough for the later levels, you REALLY need to think hard on some of them.

Shadownet

Banned
Can someone buy me a copy of Sylvio for $1? I can't do it on my phone right now for some reason. I'll PayPal you once I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom