• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you get refunds on games with preorder items like skins? I want Transformers. Platinum tends to not release their preorder DLC sadly.

Sure they do.
They eventually released all the DLC for Revengeance:
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/f=^metal+gear+rising|bucket~games

Ignoring the nature of your question, even if you got a refund, they'd just yank the preorder sub from your account and you'd lose all DLC anyway.

Depends on the DLC, but generally yes. Steam's checkout system will tell you if the package you're buying contains items that render it ineligible for a refund.

norefund4uoesty.jpg

This is the same type of question where people were trying to scheme to get the DOTA2 Type-0 items and then refund... it's just not going to happen.
Regardless of it it is *eligible* for a refund (it would be, provided he played less than 2 hours and was within the 14 day period), the DLC is usually granted by a preorder sub, right?
So that means, when they revoke his license to the game, the preorder sub would go with it and if he bought it again later on as something without the preorder sub (should the DLC not be released individually), he wouldn't get to keep the DLC he was trying to get out of the whole scheme.

Depends on the DLC, but generally yes. Steam's checkout system will tell you if the package you're buying contains items that render it ineligible for a refund.

norefund4uoesty.jpg

Thanks JaseC. I didn't even know about the ineligibility warning on items, that's pretty handy.

^ also corrosive thanks, I didn't know those eventually came out too. I'm not sure why I was under the impression that they didn't release their DLC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is the same type of question where people were trying to scheme to get the DOTA2 Type-0 items and then refund... it's just not going to happen.
Regardless of it it is *eligible* for a refund (it would be, provided he played less than 2 hours and was within the 14 day period), the DLC is usually granted by a preorder sub, right?
So that means, when they revoke his license to the game, the preorder sub would go with it and if he bought it again later on as something without the preorder sub (should the DLC not be released individually), he wouldn't get to keep the DLC he was trying to get out of the whole scheme.

Yeah. In the past there have been a few cases where the pre-order DLC has been granted with a separate key, but that obviously retail activations aren't eligible for refunds, making the point moot.

Edit: I've created a new primary PSN account. The online id is GrrImAFridge, like everything else, if anyone here wants to (re-)add me.

zkylon

zkylewd
I turned off point of interests from the option as soon as I reached Velen from White Orchard.
No regret.
just feels like such a waste, i bet there's a few of those that are really cool, but i'm not gonna spent hours and hours chasing a billion throwaway question marks for the few that matter

Eila

Damn, those backgrounds are rough. At a least it's way better than the 3DS version, and probably Vita as well. I'll be content with that.

Salsa

chile trip over in 4 hours. heavy storm the day I planned to visit ACE studios. oh well

prob coming again in february or so for a month. would be cool to know chile-gaf

also hooked up and fallin for a chilean chick p.much. salsa love travels continue

is amikrog playable now? gonna go right to that once I get home

Salsa

also dude. I've gotten 200 or so emails about my blizzard / battle.net account giving me a confirmation code to access it as if I was trying to log in or something

seriously 200 emails. havent been able to check it cause travelling but wtf is up. should I be worried. were they hacked again

Knurek

just feels like such a waste, i bet there's a few of those that are really cool, but i'm not gonna spent hours and hours chasing a billion throwaway question marks for the few that matter

I spent hours and hours chasing a billion throwaway notes/jiggies in Banjo games. Did the same for every single AssCreed game I played. And I bloody likely will do so in Witcha. After I finish all the sidequests/contracts. Because, really, compared to the shit Ubi pulls with their open worlds, all Witcha content feels like godsend.

(Would love to do everything in KoA as well, but the game's bad experience curve made it pretty much a lost cause, Witcha with its 70+ lvl cap shouldn't have such a problem).

Eila

Well damn, is that even 540p? Certainly doesn't look like it. And those borders. Are we sure the workshop support is real?
At a least it runs smooth. I'll keep it and hope somebody fixes the arbitrary resolution.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well damn, is that even 540p? Certainly doesn't look like it. And those borders. Are we sure the workshop support is real?
At a least it runs smooth. I'll keep it and hope somebody fixes the arbitrary resolution.

Isnt the 3DS game just 240p?

The workshop support seems to be an error upload of literally no data from the developer

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yes, but it's on Vita as well. With the non-16:9 aspect ratio + this rough resolution I'm led to believe it's a 3DS port rather than a Vita port.

I forgot about the vita version. We'll see what happens with the port later on. Hopefully the res get fixed.

Knurek

Mushi QA is progressing. In order to improve the accuracy of the port, we've decided to start a very limited closed beta. If you are a skilled Mushihimesama player with access to the original arcade board (or 1.5) and are interested in testing the game, please reply to this thread or PM me.

CAVE-senpai, why did you notice Steam so late?
You could've had a million seller before, now with dozens of shmups coming this year... I seriously hope your game isn't swallowed by the Greenlight tide.

It's a Vita port, it's rendering at 960x540

Shouldn't it scale really nicely to 1080p then?

You could always google something like 'worthwhile quests skellige' I'm sure someone has taken the time to highlight some of the better quest lines/side quests. But I also turned off markers and have really enjoyed a sense of discovery rather than that feeling of clearing all the markers off the map.

Well damn, 540p looks like dogshit on this screen. Now I'm kinda glad I didn't buy the PS Vita TV.

CAVE-senpai, why did you notice Steam so late?
You could've had a million seller before, now with dozens of shmups coming this year... I seriously hope your game isn't swallowed by the Greenlight tide.

Shouldn't it scale really nicely to 1080p then?

I'm using borderlessgaming in the windowed mode.

The game itself, by default, renders in a 960x544 windowed screen.

umibyewin_2015_10_05_fhkfo.png

The Vita's EXACT native res is 960x544

The enhanced version of Dex is out today. Another game that came out of early access a little early. Consider this the actual final release version! It's very cool for what I've played, but I've been waiting for this version.

Adnor

Banned
chile trip over in 4 hours. heavy storm the day I planned to visit ACE studios. oh well

prob coming again in february or so for a month. would be cool to know chile-gaf

also hooked up and fallin for a chilean chick p.much. salsa love travels continue

is amikrog playable now? gonna go right to that once I get home

If you visit Temuco next time send me a PM and I'll buy you a beer... And ask you why the hell would someone come to Temuco, there's NOTHING here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom