• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milamber

If you visit Temuco next time send me a PM and I'll buy you a beer... And ask you why the hell would someone come to Temuco, there's NOTHING here.

Not even sexy women?

EDIT: I'm still doing side stuff at Jeet's place in Mad Max and I'm starting to feel the burnout.

EDIT: Is this all AAA gaming amounting to? Collect the thingy!?

EDIT: *cries*

EDIT: *checks Stardew Valley update*

If you visit Temuco next time send me a PM and I'll buy you a beer... And ask you why the hell would someone come to Temuco, there's NOTHING here.
Oye CTM! Don't be modest. Temuco is gorgeous. Southern Chile is the best.
chile trip over in 4 hours. heavy storm the day I planned to visit ACE studios. oh well

prob coming again in february or so for a month. would be cool to know chile-gaf

also hooked up and fallin for a chilean chick p.much. salsa love travels continue

is amikrog playable now? gonna go right to that once I get home
Not surprised. Chilean girls are fucking dangerous. Run away now as fast as you can.

My girlfriend is Chilean and going back (moved there 1.5 years ago but currently visiting home in Canada) in January.

I think I see you a lot in the drunk thread and you may be an alcoholic/drug addict so you should get along well with my friends and I in Santiago.
ಠ_ಠ

zkylon

zkylewd
I spent hours and hours chasing a billion throwaway notes/jiggies in Banjo games. Did the same for every single AssCreed game I played. And I bloody likely will do so in Witcha. After I finish all the sidequests/contracts. Because, really, compared to the shit Ubi pulls with their open worlds, all Witcha content feels like godsend.

(Would love to do everything in KoA as well, but the game's bad experience curve made it pretty much a lost cause, Witcha with its 70+ lvl cap shouldn't have such a problem).
i dunno, for all the tedium in collecting shit in ass creed, at least map traversal is fairly entertaining and dynamic. you jump from roof to roof watching cool animations at least. it's mostly fluff but there's something

witcha 3 has none of that, geralt isn't sluggish or anything, but you run in a straight line and that's about it. roach is kind of a dumb horse in that he gets stuck a lot and has that weird delay before jumping that totally kills off your speed. and on the boat is even worse because it's not that it controls bad, it's just so boring and uneventful.

so while the reward is about as meaningless as ass creed's (kill 3 drowners for a chest worth of trash loot to sell), the way you get to those question marks somehow manages to be less entertaining

and that sucks cos there's some really good quests hidden behind those question marks. it's just that after diving underwater for your 20th chest you wonder if anything's worth this much tedium

You could always google something like 'worthwhile quests skellige' I'm sure someone has taken the time to highlight some of the better quest lines/side quests. But I also turned off markers and have really enjoyed a sense of discovery rather than that feeling of clearing all the markers off the map.
i don't really feel an obligation to clear all the markers, i actually thought they were pretty acceptable in velen where i got most of them just traveling from quest to quest and visiting the markers i found on the way

but on skellige there's like a 100 markers that are in the middle of water and that's no fun

also i guess i could look it up, but at this point i'm a bit tired of this game, i just want it to be over so i can play something else

Dr Dogg

Edit: I've created a new primary PSN account. The online id is GrrImAFridge, like everything else, if anyone here wants to (re-)add me.

I must be the only person who has a different User/Account name for every service I use. Security conscious or paranoid I like you lot decide but it all started when my preferred handle wasn't available on one service so had to pick something different and the habit just stuck.

also dude. I've gotten 200 or so emails about my blizzard / battle.net account giving me a confirmation code to access it as if I was trying to log in or something

seriously 200 emails. havent been able to check it cause travelling but wtf is up. should I be worried. were they hacked again

I get 50 scam emails a month about my Battle.net account. Though I changed my emailed address that was on when Adobe got compromised so they all go to the wrong address. Setup the mobile authenticator and SMS Protect if you got stuff on there you don't want to lose. Obviously you can't right now but they've not had a breach to the best of my knowledge for a while, maybe earlier in the year but not recently.

Isnt the 3DS game just 240p?

Well the top screen of a 3DS has a resolution of 400x240 (well 800x240 due to 3D). Which means the 3DS is the only system that Shovel Knight has perfect pixel scaling on. Obviously you can account for this on PC but selecting a multiple of 400x240 and scaling on you GPU but for all the console version they'll use bilinear scaling so can look a little soft.

Dr Dogg

Jotun's boss fights have that Dark Souls vibe, epic visuals and music, all it lacks is summon signs outside of fog doors.

Been tempted as it looks like an awesome mash up of Odin Sphere and The Banner Saga. Having a bit of a Souls vibe really is the icing on the cake but I'm buying 10 games to every one I complete at the moment.

Hektor

Those recommended sysreq's for Battlefront surely are a thing.

All those popular indiegame characters like.... uhm....

4 hour campaign for retail price tho
GOTY

Well, MGR:R was just as long and still was one of the best Action Games ever. Ended up spending 35 hours on it, playing it again and again and again.

The past few years she's gotten a bit more adventurous - picking up things like a SNES cartridge copy of Earthbound and these shirts.

You just want to make us all jelly, dont you?
Happy B-Day

Good, maybe ill give Rainbow a chance then.

Xanathus

Lol, Konami just added an insurance, paid service for FOB :D

I haven't been invaded in over a month since I upgraded my FOB stuff to level 4. Invading FOB is extremely unrewarding and pointless especially if you've finished the game.
edit: the patch also added a bunch of upgrades to the weapons, except they all literally just add a bit more ammo or whatever to the weapon and are pretty pointless
edit2: and now the game is crashing upon exiting

Ludens

Banned
I haven't been invaded in over a month since I upgraded my FOB stuff to level 4. Invading FOB is extremely unrewarding and pointless especially if you've finished the game.
edit: the patch also added a bunch of upgrades to the weapons, except they all literally just add a bit more ammo or whatever to the weapon and are pretty pointless

I got invaded daily but I have a level 3 FOB, with security around 40. Anyway, it's part of the game, since I invade people too (what I don't like is when some cheater get in, kills like 30 or 30 soldiers and steal the hell out of my FOB in no time).

Instead of providing an insurance service, Konami should just set up an anti-cheat system on PC.

Been tempted as it looks like an awesome mash up of Odin Sphere and The Banner Saga. Having a bit of a Souls vibe really is the icing on the cake but I'm buying 10 games to every one I complete at the moment.
Well it's about six bucks on nuuvem, so...

My only problem with the game so far is the bosses are sometimes so large in size, moving feels slow in contrast, and that means taking damage when learning the bosses' patterns (they're pretty fast), and that means death.

AHA-Lambda

It really does amaze me how small this holiday seems to be. Then again last holiday might have been small as well, cant really remember. Seems everyone likes to front load the beginning of the new year now.

Q1 is the new Q4.

Really amazes me given how much is out this fall that I'm interested in none of it apart from Fallout 4.

AHA-Lambda

The enhanced version of Dex is out today. Another game that came out of early access a little early. Consider this the actual final release version! It's very cool for what I've played, but I've been waiting for this version.

Hmm, I've been intrigued on this one but heard so little impressions

Edit: whoops, dp

aw350

Banned
I can't support anything with Dotemu's stench all over it.

That was in regards to Raptor 2015 - what's wrong with Dotemu? Bad quality or something else? Just wondering.

Very attractive.

Angels Fall First store page
1461312471209568323.png

Exactly!

I came to that page a couple of days earlier (big thanks to lashman, you are the man) and the moment I saw "Single-Player" my hand immediately clicked "Add to Wishlist" like ten times *despite* it being early access (I am very rarely wishlisting early access games, I figure if it is good, I'll hear about it when it gets released). If the game was multiplayer-only, it'd have been very different.

Dr Dogg

Speaking of AC, where on earth is Chronicles India and Russia? I know chievos got leaked for India a while back but I was waiting for all three to be out before diving in.

Well it's about six bucks on nuuvem, so...

My only problem with the game so far is the bosses are sometimes so large in size, moving feels slow in contrast, and that means taking damage when learning the bosses' patterns (they're pretty fast), and that means death.

Don't tempt me!

Heh that kind of reminds of my first Capra Demon encounter. Dude came flying out the blocks, almost one shoted me and a dawdled around like an idiot while he clobbered me again.

Ozium

was playing dreadout and gettin stoned...

got really fuckin spooped and had to quit

went to white castle

come back here see I got a PM..

Assault Android Cactus!

gonana eat delicious white castle and then school all u chumps

la bella vita

also new smt4 thing announced, for once atlus did not troll.. they had to repent for their sins of SMTxFE and the onslaught of creepy persona fans

But Uplay is all sexy now with it's 'We're not trying to copy Steam, honest' makeover it got recently.

Just look at all those Collect-a-thon games!

I love how generic the covers look. Pretty much all of them have the same white guy in a cowl with his head down dual-wielding.

Deques

was playing dreadout and gettin stoned...

got really fuckin spooped and had to quit

went to white castle

come back here see I got a PM..

Assault Android Cactus!

gonana eat delicious white castle and then school all u chumps

la bella vita

also new smt4 thing announced, for once atlus did not troll.. they had to repent for their sins of SMTxFE and the onslaught of creepy persona fans

Everyone who participated the contest won Assault Android Cactus :)

I know it is good I will have more ppl to crush on the leaderboards lol

congrats to all steamgaffers who won btw
Thanks, congrats to you and all the other participants too!

Wait, really? I bought it for full price because i thought i wont win anyways. ._.

Rule number 1 Always #believe :D

Every time I see an Assy Creed cover I can only think of the Arrow flip nonsense.
7PKfMIp.gif
But that's not his best flip :p

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
But that's not his best flip :p

so this?
flip9nyo3.gif

I'm waking up, I feel it in my bones
Enough to make my system blow
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Welcome to the new age, to the new age
Whoa, oh, oh, oh, oh, whoa, oh, oh, oh, I'm radioactive, radioactive

Dr Dogg

I love how generic the covers look. Pretty much all of them have the same white guy in a cowl with his head down dual-wielding.

Well 5 white European males, 2 Afro-Caribbean characters one male one female and a Native American male is a lot more diverse that the vast majority of box covers of other AAA titles. If you include Chronicles China then you have an Asian female in the mix too.

Collecting collecting games??

giphy.gif

Yeah I fell down that rabbit hole a long, long time ago.

Only 465 UPlay points? Pft.

Believe it or not I actually spend my Uplay Points!

aw350

Banned
Well 5 white European males, 2 Afro-Caribbean characters one male one female and a Native American male is a lot more diverse that the vast majority of box covers of other AAA titles. If you include Chronicles China then you have an Asian female in the mix too.

Next hero should be a teenage female Maori. If that's not diverse enough, make her one-legged.

XBP

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 10 Steam keys and 6 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (XBP, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
Bejeweled (Origin) -- MB-99EA63677B35A324 - Taken by Mikurden. 1 entrants total.
Serious Sam: The Random Encounter -- MB-EC5456B2F9ED371F - Taken by Belgarion. 4 entrants total.
Contraption Maker (Spotkin) -- MB-3AB3E89FF76F6728 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell (Uplay) -- MB-B2AD6B0A7C7FF954 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent 2 (Telltale Store) -- MB-B258CEE29EE59E71
Tales from the Borderlands (Telltale Store) -- MB-1929A095C5C1010A - Taken by fertygo. 3 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent (Telltale Store) -- MB-5584366A9E233B76
Poker Night 2 -- MB-6293626C9B328FF6 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 7 entrants total.
Dungeon Hearts -- MB-48A9AE1D7E4A02A6 - Taken by GaussTek. 4 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
The Sims 3 (Origin) -- MB-4A32F29ACCDD2DEC - Taken by crazyrabbits. 5 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Tom Clancy's EndWar (Uplay) -- MB-A9F547EDDDAB8CC1 - Taken by pahamrick. 3 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent 2 -- MB-88E7434F646AEEC7 - Taken by eyeless. 5 entrants total.
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Games Series (Telltale Store) -- MB-4FADA04CCC01E798 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 3 entrants total.
Puzzle Agent -- MB-A3779D8EF625B333 - Taken by aw350. 1 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Double Agent (Uplay) -- MB-9167C47C9282F1EF - Taken by gabbo. 5 entrants total.
xWBm0BY.png
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (Uplay) -- MB-4AE905A0304C8361 - Taken by bobnowhere. 4 entrants total.

t1444204670z1.png

Instructions for redeeming Sims 3 key:

Plus whoever wins this sims 3 key, please PM me after you've won it, I have a few DLC for the game which you can redeem on origin as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom