• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustLynx

Seems like Siege and Syndicate are going to be bundled with Geforce
Nvidia-Bundle.jpg
probably uplay key :(

aw350

Banned
DailyIndieGame has a Topware bundle for 1.49$, BTA for 2 bundles
  • Enclave
  • Gorky 17
  • Knight Shift
  • Pressure
  • Two Worlds Epic Edition
  • World War II: Panzer Claws

Regarding this Topware bundle:

I have some games on the wishlist and have recently played Gorky 17 (was a big fan of it when it was released). Gorky 17 is certainly playable, the graphics and the voice are both pretty sad, but the gameplay is there. There is one crash, but you can both avoid it and play the game in a way that it doesn't trigger. I expect other games in the bundle to be the same, maybe a bit better looking - dated, but certainly playable.

Arthea

of course it will be a uplay key, we also are getting uplay HB today, or was it origin's turn?

edited: wait, not today, it's an unlock week

edit2: Zesty hit 60% with 2 weeks to go

Deques

of course it will be a uplay key, we also are getting uplay HB today, or was it origin's turn?

edited: wait, not today, it's an unlock week

edit2: Zesty hit 60% with 2 weeks to go

Would more buy it if the unlock requirement were lower and is already unlocked?

Tizoc

I can't find any reviews of Transformers, isn't that very strange?

most likely
Gaffer impressions of tf is more informative
so far i like it
Normal is a decent difficulty and u can get ur ass handed to you if ur not careful.

Dr Dogg

Will those games even apply to syndicate? Seems we're almost at the point where Ubi wants to drop the future stuff.

They've all been doing it since II. Each has their own little unique gameplay mechanics that don't transfer to the others so it's been interesting to refresh my memory. Though I think I've been absorbed in the series for so long that I've contracted Mad AssCreed Disease.

Deques

I see. So, can people who bought several ToZ copies just refund the gifts after they reached the third tier on the launch day then?
Some dude passed me this idea.

It wouldn't be economical advisable to do that. Let's say the remaining 40% corresponds 2000 copies of ToZ. Then it would cost ~100k euro for a single user to buy all the remaining copies >.<

Arthea

I see. So, can people who bought several ToZ copies just refund the gifts after they reached the third tier on the launch day then?
Some dude passed me this idea.

mhmmm, that's risky idea, valve can refuse to refund multiple copies for no reason.
Not to mention that it could be that counter isn't real at all.

edited: this monday indiegala bundle can be the first bundle in a long time where I'll end up playing all games. Quite a feat, indiegala
If I ever will find time for it, that is.

It wouldn't be economical advisable to do that. Let's say the remaining 40% corresponds 2000 copies of ToZ. Then it would cost ~100k euro for a single user to buy all the remaining copies >.<

mhmmm, that's risky idea, valve can refuse to refund multiple copies for no reason.
Not to mention that it could be that counter isn't real at all.

Lol indeed, it's pretty risky and pricey.
But if the community is willing to do that with at least one person buying a couple of copies, it'll be unlocked in no time. But yeah, it's not worth it.

Dr Dogg

What was the game that was from the creator of Syndicate Wars and a sort of spiritual successor? Was it Satellite Reign?

Arthea

I was wondering about Arcana Heart 3, not sure should I wishlist it or not. Is it worth for story mode and how hard is to finish it? Should I know combos deeply for that? I don't see myself doing anything else with it.

Risgroo

galyonkin

Actual Russian Spy.
So I've made some changes to Steam Spy front page to make it as useful as Steam's old front page before the Discovery update.

I'm weighing six metrics for the last 600 games that were released on Steam to come up with "trend score" that is later used to determine the game position in the list on the front page. It looks like this.

WUQ6xiV.png

I'm using Youtube views, Twitch viewers, user score, median playtime, players in the last week and the release date. Overall you could divide them into three set of metrics: social (YT + Twitch), player engagement (user score + playtime) and commercial (players and release date).

I've tried to come up with this before based on Steam's data alone, but it just wasn't possible. The Steam data isn't enough to rank games - I needed social metrics and YT+Twitch are pretty good for this.

Fun fact - if I remove commercial metrics (players in the last two weeks) the list won't change much :)

Consider it my Discovery update for Valve's Discovery update :)

Arthea

I had no idea WRC 5 is releasing this week.
Why you fail me so steamgaf?

I also haven't played WRC 4 yet

I'll get it when it's on sale

If it's Zesty you are talking about, I must object
You don't want bamco to get wrong ideas with first Tales game they are releasing on steam.
That we are cheapskates, even if we totally are

Arthea

So I've made some changes to Steam Spy front page to make it as useful as Steam's old front page before the Discovery update.

I'm weighing six metrics for the last 600 games that were released on Steam to come up with "trend score" that is later used to determine the game position in the list on the front page. It looks like this.

http://i.imgur.com/WUQ6xiV.png[/img

I'm using Youtube views, Twitch viewers, user score, median playtime, players in the last week and the release date. Overall you could divide them into three set of metrics: social (YT + Twitch), player engagement (user score + playtime) and commercial (players and release date).

I've tried to come up with this before based on Steam's data alone, but it just wasn't possible. The Steam data isn't enough to rank games - I needed social metrics and YT+Twitch are pretty good for this.

Fun fact - if I remove commercial metrics (players in the last two weeks) the list won't change much :)

Consider it my Discovery update for Valve's Discovery update :)[/QUOTE]

I gave this a thought and I have to say that I really don't like Twitch or youtube having any weight in this.
Then again I'm probably in minority.

[quote="GKB, post: 180848274"]It's probably not really good, like other WRC games.
Grab [URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/310560"]DiRT Rally[/URL] instead.[/QUOTE]

ya, it's on my wishlist, not buying until it's out of EA, unless some awesome winter sale discount

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Different times sadly, if they made a new DS nowadays they'd play up the sexiness of the female cast (i blame PXZ for that :V)
Everything is a product of its time.

That's not even the best GIF of DS.....

SG has some really neat animations still though

Well it's not like their sexiness isn't played up in DS. It's just that they have other quirks too.

With that said, DS primarily works because it's 2D. I doubt it'd be as good if it's 3D.

aw350

Banned

Interesting, thanks.

I am not sure this can be called "trending" - that's perhaps too absolute a term. You say it "wasn't possible" to get the list working based on Steam data alone, and it started working after you added YT+Twitch. But herein lies the rub - how could you tell that things were working vs not working? Perhaps you were simply unconsciously comparing the results you were getting to what you felt they should be like and those expectations you had were largely formed by YT+Twitch. Obviously, once you plugged YT+Twitch directly, it started seeming "alright", but whether this could be called "trending", I don't know... it's just "trending on YT+Twitch", I guess.

Now, don't get me wrong, it is plenty useful and interesting as it is, thanks for doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom