• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man...Civilization Revolution 2 vita box art for japan is amazing.

0kYWhaz.jpg

Congratulations, Japan, you've ruined Lincoln.

Arthea

Man...Civilization Revolution 2 vita box art for japan is amazing.

http://i.imgur.com/0kYWhaz.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]

no PC, no buy

edited: I enjoyed CivRev for what it was, only thing that makes no sense why it never was released on PC. It's no competition to real Civ, but it's fun and much faster, not to mention a perfect game for genre newbies.

[quote="Baron von Loathsome, post: 180854866"]Congratulations, Japan, you've ruined Lincoln.[/QUOTE]

what?

Dr Dogg

Is that Sid Meier's Waifu Simulator Revelation 2+?

the sexy.

My play through of the Assassin's Creed games is annoying because I don't have the series on any one platform.

Steam:
Assassin's Creed

Steam and Uplay
Assassin's Creed II
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood

Just Uplay
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Assassin's Creed III

Vita:
Assassin's Creed III: Liberation

WiiU and Xbox One
Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag

Just Xbox One:
Assassin's Creed: Unity

Why would you do that?

I own 1-Rouge on 360 and 2, Brohood and Revelations on PS3 with III as part of PS+ and was tempted to get III and IV on WiiU :(

Is this let's post ridiculous things the day?

Have you seen what they've done to Cleopatra? More moe than Moe Szyslak!

Copons

I had to actually search for that cover as my work proxy proxed it out of this thread, and you guys are crazy that's totally the best cover ever made ever AND I'd be totally up to play a waifu-reskinned Civ5 for another 150 hours.

Why would you do that?

I own 1-Rouge on 360 and 2, Brohood and Revelations on PS3 with III as part of PS+ and was tempted to get III and IV on WiiU :(

Initially I just bought the games on whatever platform was the cheapest. Now that I'm actually playing the games, I'm regretting it. I realize it's trivial but its annoying at the same time. For example, Black Flag I got on the WiiU for $5 in a store clearance and it was free with my Xbox One.

Arthea

I tried it was horrible. Why they never brought over the 360 game is beyond me. I think PC is big enough that there wouldn't have been a fuss. Hell we have two Civ games right now with V and Beyond Earth.

It really makes no sense, I know CivRev brought many new people to the genre, even being not on PC, just think what it could have done on PC? Very weird decision that was.

fertygo

Playing XCOM: EU, I think my campaign is fucked because I not realize building satellite is important, there's like 3 country with full panic bar now, ugh.

It really makes no sense, I know CivRev brought many new people to the genre, even being not on PC, just think what it could have done on PC? Very weird decision that was.

I know the answer to this one. They are concerned that fans of one line would play the other and get turned off to the brand. Classic computer Civ players would get mad that Revolutions was "consolized" and that Revolution players would feel the regular Civ was incomprehensible. They did an experiment with Starships but that went over poorly on the PC. Going forward, Firaxis games will keep IP on specific platforms. Which is why Xcom 2 isn't coming out for anything other than the computer. If they make an Xcom game for the consoles again, it will be very different from the PC Xcom.

Tizoc

FUCK! You're going to make me buy this, aren't you.

There's a trader offering it for under USD 45, or you can get a retail copy for EUR 20 off amazon.de that hould come with a steam key ;)
Retail ver. releases in November though.

Arthea

I know the answer to this one. They are concerned that fans of one line would play the other and get turned off to the brand. Classic computer Civ players would get mad that Revolutions was "consolized" and that Revolution players would feel the regular Civ was incomprehensible. They did an experiment with Starships but that went over poorly on the PC. Going forward, Firaxis games will keep IP on specific platforms. Which is why Xcom 2 isn't coming out for anything other than the computer. If they make an Xcom game for the consoles again, it will be very different from the PC Xcom.

but that's not what was happening, I was pretty much into discussions about CivRev and people after finishing it were eager to try the real Civ game, many bought and played and were happy with increased complexity.
Starships is quite different matter, I haven't played it, but it seems not to be very good game, while CivRev is a good game, as far as casual Civ game can be.

He looks awesome... but I have to make this pun: Lolincoln

don't open this Pandora box, just don't

so right now MGO only grants you XP so long as the host remains in the game, if the host disconnects the game ends abruptly and also the host can kick people so no XP if that happens to you.

im glad to see that kojima really stuck with this 80s themed thing even when designing the MP

Hektor

so right now MGO only grants you XP so long as the host remains in the game, if the host disconnects the game ends abruptly and also the host can kick people so no XP if that happens to you.

im glad to see that kojima really stuck with this 80s themed thing even when designing the MP

Damn, thats Nintendo-esque.

I was wondering about Arcana Heart 3, not sure should I wishlist it or not. Is it worth for story mode and how hard is to finish it? Should I know combos deeply for that? I don't see myself doing anything else with it.

Story mode is just arcade mode for the characters. It takes like 10 or 15 minutes. The bosses are rough if you aren't used to fighting games but, you can always tone down the difficulty.

After Story is extra fluff with a bit of fighting here and there. Got some fanservicey stuff.

It's not like Blazblue or Persona. It's made by Examu not Arc System Works. just published by them.

Dr Dogg

So as some background noise I'm going through the last couple of Quick Looks and asides from Vinny in an Open World game the GB guys are awful at practically any game.

Arthea

Story mode is just arcade mode for the characters. It takes like 10 or 15 minutes. The bosses are rough if you aren't used to fighting games but, you can always tone down the difficulty.

After Story is extra fluff with a bit of fighting here and there. Got some fanservicey stuff.

It's not like Blazblue or Persona. It's made by Examu not Arc System Works. just published by them.

Thanks Leafy, that was very helpful, sub $5 it is then.

So as some background noise I'm going through the last couple of Quick Looks and asides from Vinny in an Open World game the GB guys are awful at practically any game.

they're rarely really good at games BUT i do like their thoughts on stuff. I find QLs to be more informative than reading reviews and i'm too lazy to try demos of games i'm only slightly interested in so it's nice to have a format to check out a game and occasionally laugh.

I think i've only actually been bothered with how they play a game once and that was with the Shadow of the Colossus HD QL. that was something all right

Arthea

That's a little harsh, but keep in mind that Arcana Heart 3 is a very deep fighting game, each character has like 10+ ways to play them.
That's why I'm passing on it, I'm not sure I have so much time and patience.
I don't have to buy every game out there too, you know.

not so stealth brag post?

I haven't seen any of those quick looks, you maybe right, I just couldn't pass such an opportunity

Pfft! There's about 3 billion devices running Java.

exactly!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom