• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Mhm? Announcers like those have been very popular.
Bastion, Defense Grid, Portal, Trine and Rick & Morty all have announcer packs too.
I just don't see the style of writing or the narrator's voice being a compelling addition to the Dota experience. Like at all.

Hektor

I just don't see the style of writing or the narrator's voice being a compelling addition to the Dota experience. Like at all.

Axe announcer is still the best anyways, because of how enthusiastic he is.

Is this an actual end of a game, or the end of one season?

Well, Dontnod said that if they're going to do another season, it will be acompletely new story with new characters. So its kinda both.

Lower your hype or there is chance that one episode will ruin previous 4 if they mess up with the ending. :D

Thats the only thing im scared about.

Arthea

Buying Undertale was a mistake

I don't really understand what people find so amazing in it, it's an OK game, nothing special, but I really had no place buying it when I have some many great games to play right now. Me being not much into Mother (earthbound) games might have something to do with it, but that's unlikely too.
I agree that it has some charm and some fresh ideas, like that bullet hell combat, but I prefer deep combat system over it even with 0 fresh ideas.

disclaimer: I haven't finished a game, only played about 2 hours, so not even close, but all that time while I was playing it I was thinking how I would prefer playing something else right now.

This post was brought to you be someone who should know better, but apparently still doesn't understand how hype works.
I blame Jasec lashman

Respectfully, Arthea

Deques

8B9W7Sk.png

If I buy the latest BundleStars Killer bundle I will reach 2k games, but then my 2000th game will be a bundle game.
Any good recommendation what my 2000th should be instead? No bad rats or barbie game please :D
I am thinking Zesty could be a good candidate, but I am waiting for Symphie to be unlocked

8B9W7Sk.png

If I buy the latest BundleStars Killer bundle I will reach 2k games, but then my 2000th game will be a bundle game.
Any good recommendation what my 2000th should be instead? No bad rats or barbie game please :D
I am thinking Zesty could be a good candidate, but I am waiting for Symphie to be unlocked

Contradiction is good...

Arthea

http://i.imgur.com/8B9W7Sk.png[/IMG

I am thinking Zesty could be a good candidate, but I am waiting for Symphie to be unlocked[/QUOTE]

doit.gif
for Zesty! and it will help unlock Symphie [SPOILER]or not[/SPOILER]

Dr Dogg

8B9W7Sk.png

But at least it's a great bundle with some worthy milestone games if that's your thing.

L.O.R.D

8B9W7Sk.png

just activate some of them till 1999
then buy some premium game from steam to reach 2000

ArjanN

man, not a hero is so strangely unfunny

like, it's going for a similar thing to super time force but it falls flat so damn hard it's painful

I think it's alright, a lot of of the dialogue is randomized so sometimes it works better than others, I think the main issue is that the text speed is too slow, a lot of it is mildly amusing but since it lingers on it too long it gets old, so you end up just skipping it.

Ozium

Just wait until the Glorious Humble Weekly featuring The Best Games Money Can Buy curated with Love from the Humble Bundle Family. Also do not forget to check out the exciting adventure of The Humble Bundle Monthly Bundle!

Arthea

Just wait until the Glorious Humble Weekly featuring The Best Games Money Can Buy curated with Love from the Humble Bundle Family. Also do not forget to check out the exciting adventure of The Humble Bundle Monthly Bundle!

are you going for Humble Bundle shill tag? If yes, you are slightly overdoing it.

BTW, they can skip weekly this week too, for more people to go Monthly way, can't they?

Deques

are you going for Humble Bundle shill tag? If yes, you are slightly overdoing it.

BTW, they can skip weekly this week too, for more people to go Monthly way, can't they?

No!! I need that Humble weekly fix. They can't skip another week :(

derExperte

Ozium, say, isn't Humble Bundle the best bundle site you've ever seen? I love them, such high quality day after day. Do you love them as much as I do? Because I'm not convinced of your commitment yet. Like, I just peed myself after seeing that there'll be a weekly bundle 'soon'. When was the last time you peed yourself while browsing the delicious Humble Bundle site?

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm seriously considering getting just the first Humble Monthly deal as I've convinced myself it's going to be a decent deal to get people interested. However I don't care about Legends of Grimrock so I feel like I'm already losing some value. I'll see how I feel in 28 days.

Milamber

So glad I started ignoring bundles. 3 months worth of bundles from Bundlestars, Humblebundle, IndieGala alone cost me around half a full priced game.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
So glad I started ignoring bundles. 3 months worth of bundles from Bundlestars, Humblebundle, IndieGala alone cost me around half a full priced game.

I bought HIB 14 and the Telltale/Devolver build-a-bundles, but I've ignored pretty much everything else from anywhere else since then.

Ozium

I'm seriously considering getting just the first Humble Monthly deal as I've convinced myself it's going to be a decent deal to get people interested. However I don't care about Legends of Grimrock so I feel like I'm already losing some value. I'll see how I feel in 28 days.

tumblr_mckjsvhX8I1qcbk34o2_r2_250.gif

Arthea

Pavilion was greenlit yesterday, together with Libra of the Vampire Princess and P·O·L·L·E·N. All is well in this world.

aw350

Banned

Would be fun if they counted on people's expectations being exactly that.

Mind games. :)

wetflame

Pizza Dog

Ha, yeah. I still think that they're really going to push this one though. The second month will be the real kicker - if they get decent games that are higher than the usual bundle fare two months in a row then they'll win a lot of people over. If it's all a bunch of stuff that's been on sale in the store already a bunch of times then it's just going to get written off completely by most people. There has to be a decent level of content for people to blind buy.

Ozium

Relic Hunters Zero is a free game but I am idling it right now

must be because I redeemed a key that was free from nuuvem???

Parsnip

speaking of street fighter I really hope this fight pad:

ends up being good and works nicely with PC, not a fan of fighting sticks so its would be a great alternative

Wow i just saw that gameplay for Resident Evil Umbrella Corps, it looks so damn bad :\

But it looks so uncomfortable with all those angles.

With the exchange rate up here in Canada, I'd be paying around $17 a month for the bundle, sight-unseen. I'm more than happy to throw a buck or two at Groupees for a pre-order (even at worst, I get a couple titles I don't have), but HB still hasn't proved how this monthly bundle will be better than what they already offer.

It reeks of desperation, and honestly, it feels like bundle sales are down across the board.

Uzzy

I guess we now have to change the name of Football Manager 2016 to Soccer Manager 2016: All Praise the US DOJ Edition.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

VANGERS -- MB-DB88010C9065CC8E - Taken by Mikurden
THE MUSIC MACHINE -- MB-1893B5A398E9A6C4 - Taken by Deques

Part of me wants to believe the first two or three will be spectacular to build up word of mouth, but another part thinks they'll be handing out Gun Monkeys and everyone will doublethink themselves into believing it's a good deal.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
With the exchange rate up here in Canada, I'd be paying around $17 a month for the bundle, sight-unseen. I'm more than happy to throw a buck or two at Groupees for a pre-order (even at worst, I get a couple titles I don't have), but HB still hasn't proved how this monthly bundle will be better than what they already offer.

It reeks of desperation, and honestly, it feels like bundle sales are down across the board.

I do wonder if this is an attempt to combat that though. With a monthly bundle costing more they have a lot more bargaining power to negotiate for bigger games, games don't look like they're being given away for nothing, companies know they're getting a fixed amount per sale, no risk of cannibalising sales when being included in a bundle as people don't know they'll be getting that particular game until it's too late to buy it, could mean a shift. Plus HB have brand recognition which could help with their game selection.

They're going to want to make this work to have a steady income stream from subscriptions so I think they'll be making this worthwhile. If they can't then it'll fail immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom