• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

82bf532d54.png

Now I know why the game takes a long time to show me the "load game" screen.

I used to clean my Witcher saves

Parsnip

I hope Ubisoft's trailer department or whatever is compensated well for their excellent work, whatever misgivings I have for the franchise gets washed away when I see them.

Was going to say 'I haven't seen that' but I haven't turned the box on for about a week. Don't know if the use of Depche Mode works well but I'm gagging for the day when tech gets to the stage where we can have something like that rendered in real time.
Indeed.

"Adds option to show/hide HUD/Mini­map using single button/click."
Neat, maybe I'll take more screenshots when I get back to it.

Buraindo

The Witcher 2 is even worse as having too many saves on your system will cause the game to crash. You have to delete save files just to get the game to work again.

And every quick save creates a new save. No overwriting. Ever.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Mega Preview https://youtu.be/Efgk30QMbr4

Hacking and Attacking Gameplay - Deus Ex: Mankind Divided https://youtu.be/b9cGJyGG4Vc

Looking more than great so far. That preview already shows some substantial gameplay improvements over Human Revolution.

gurm3n

Neo Member
Damn, now I want to start playing Deus Ex again. Does anybody have news on the Revision mod? I really want to try that.

Relearning The Witcher 3 controls in preparation for the Heart of Stone DLC after 120 hours of MGSV is really messing with me, I had to dig into the controls to figure out how to get off D-Hor... I mean Roach.

Corpekata

Banned
The new Nvidia driver tanked my performance in Transformers Devastation, so driver might be a bit wonky, for those thinking of upgrading. FPS was all over the place. Didn't test any other games, but just a heads up if you upgrade and see other games behave oddly.

Sini

Oh wow. Broforce is going to be out of EA next week.
Are they really going to leave menus and online multiplayer broken for final release?

Stitch

Gold Member
Oh wow. Broforce is going to be out of EA next week.
Are they really going to leave menus and online multiplayer broken for final release?

I've been playing since release and never had any problems with the menus :|

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Fallout 4 Important Release Info ( PC Sys Requirements and more)

PC Systems Requirements (Requires Internet Connection and Free Steam Account to Activate)

Minimum

• Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
  • Intel Core i5-2300 2.8 GHz/AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0 GHz or equivalent
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 30 GB free HDD space
  • NVIDIA GTX 550 Ti 2GB/AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB or equivalent

Recommended

• Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
  • Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
  • 8 GB RAM
  • 30 GB free HDD space
  • NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

Console Storage Space

Make sure you have enough space in the vault to store Fallout 4.
Fallout 4 requires 28-35 GB depending on territory and languages supported.

Release Time
Want to know exactly when you can start playing Fallout 4? Digitally the game will become available at 12:01 am (local time) in all territories (In North America, the unlock time will be 12:01 am EST), except Asia (available at 12 am on Tuesday, November 11th) and Japan (available at 12 am on Thursday, December 17th).

What languages does Fallout 4 support?

• In North America, Fallout 4 supports English/French voice/text.
  • In South America, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text, as well as BR-PT and Latin American Spanish text.
  • In the United Kingdom and Australia/New Zealand, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text only.
  • In most European territories, Fallout 4 supports English/French/Italian/German/Spanish voice/text
  • In Russia and Poland, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text and Polish/Russian text.
  • In Asia, Fallout 4 supports English voice/text and English voice / Traditional Chinese text.
  • In Japan, Fallout 4 supports Japanese voice/text.

Note: On consoles, you may need to adjust the system level language settings to gain access to additional languages.

Tizoc

The new Nvidia driver tanked my performance in Transformers Devastation, so driver might be a bit wonky, for those thinking of upgrading. FPS was all over the place. Didn't test any other games, but just a heads up if you upgrade and see other games behave oddly.

How do I rollback to the previous driver update for NVidia?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was toying with getting the Xbox one version now and the PC version when the game of the year edition hits. Now I'm leaning even more that way.

I have a tradition of playing these games on console first, then on PC after all the content releases and there is a strong modding community. That way I get the "vanilla experience" when the game launches, then the "best experience" down the road. Normally I wouldn't pre-order both versions, but I got in on that Mad Max coupon glitch at GMG so it was 50% off, which is likely the price we'll see during next year's Summer sale (at best).

Dr Dogg

How do I rollback to the previous driver update for NVidia?

How did you update you last driver? Was it through GeForce Experience? If so just go into Control Panel and uninstall it and you'll rollback that way to the last iteration you had unless you're one of those clean install every time crazies. If not go to nvidia.com (not GeForce) and go to the drivers page (All Drivers is what you want), then click the Beta and archive link and you should get the list of all older driver packages.

I'm of the mind that the vast, vast majority of problems and reporting of 'broken' products is actually the users setup rather than the software at hand. Sometimes there's odd hardware and software compatibility issues but you see then jump out from the crowd as there's a pattern.

I have a tradition of playing these games on console first, then on PC after all the content releases and there is a strong modding community. That way I get the "vanilla experience" when the game launches, then the "best experience" down the road.
That's exactly what I did with New Vegas and Skyrim.
It worked out great.

Plus once the modders start putting in work, those system requirements are going to make a serious jump.

Tizoc

How did you update you last driver? Was it through GeForce Experience? If so just go into Control Panel and uninstall it and you'll rollback that way to the last iteration you had unless you're one of those clean install every time crazies. If not go to nvidia.com (not GeForce) and go to the drivers page (All Drivers is what you want), then click the Beta and archive link and you should get the list of all older driver packages.

I'm of the mind that the vast, vast majority of problems and reporting of 'broken' products is actually the users setup rather than the software at hand. Sometimes there's odd hardware and software compatibility issues but you see then jump out from the crowd as there's a pattern.

Thanks mate I'll try that when I get home.

Backlogger

My PC should be able to run Fallout 4 okay but I really need to start thinking about upgrading some things next year. In the meantime I should probably finally get an aftermarket cooler and OC my processor a bit more. I also need a bigger SSD. Right now I really only have room to put one game at a time on it.

Here are my current specs if anyone wants to comment. I have a feeling I'm fine to crank up F4, but I feel like I'm borderline:

i5 3570k OC'd to 4.1
R9 290 4gb w/1440p monitor
16 GB RAM

I would probably put F4 on the SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom