• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Format C: and reinstall windows.

Approved.

Welp, glad I pre-ordered on both PC and PS4. My PC isn't even up to snuff against their minimum requirements.

Is your video card pulled from a dying toaster?

The money it costs, I suppose

It's worth exactly $5.62.

My PC should be able to run Fallout 4 okay but I really need to start thinking about upgrading some things next year. In the meantime I should probably finally get an aftermarket cooler and OC my processor a bit more. I also need a bigger SSD. Right now I really only have room to put one game at a time on it.

Here are my current specs if anyone wants to comment. I have a feeling I'm fine to crank up F4, but I feel like I'm borderline:

i5 3570k OC'd to 4.1
R9 290 4gb w/1440p monitor
16 GB RAM

I would probably put F4 on the SSD

Needs more RAM.

Superior LiS finale is same day

How do you know it's superior? It's not even out yet.
Unless you mean the "game" overall, and that's still subjective, even if the majority of SteamGAF seems to have a raging hard-on for LiS.
Hell, now that the last episode is coming out, I could play it... but I have this feeling there's no way I'm going to think it's even half as good as you guys have made it out to be.

Haunted

82bf532d54.png

Now I know why the game takes a long time to show me the "load game" screen.
Wait, how'd you do that?

YcVDJkc.jpg

Basically the same amount of files but only 250MB.

edit: ah, it's original Witcher vs Witcher 3. I was confused for a moment there. :lol Good on them for improving that system.

How big are individual save files in The Witcher 3?

What.

Roughly 3MB per save.

Dr Dogg

I'm certainly not playing the game of Russian Roulette with Fallout 4 on release. I'll wait until it's out in the wild before even considering picking it up and then that's dependent on how Bethesday it is (read into that what you will).

No idea, but I think I'll be able to play it on my Alienware 13.

I think all Alpha's use SO-DIMM memory or to you lot laptop memory modules. Unless they've gone for something rather funky I can't imagine you'd have too much trouble get a kit off the shelf.

derExperte

I'm certainly not playing the game of Russian Roulette with Fallout 4 on release. I'll wait until it's out in the wild before even considering picking it up and then that's dependent on how Bethesday it is (read into that what you will).

Yo. The base/town building alone introduces so much more complexity, so much to fuck up. All the drama about other broken games could lead to Bethesda getting their shit together to avoid this but I won't be the one verifying that.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Volimar

I think all Alpha's use SO-DIMM memory or to you lot laptop memory modules. Unless they've gone for something rather funky I can't imagine you'd have too much trouble get a kit off the shelf.

Yeah I just watched a video on it and it looks really straight forward.

Does the computer just detect the extra RAM or do I have to do something after I install it?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
People making it sound like you can't play 2 episodes the same day. Both are going to be at best 2 hours max.

Must be nice. I could swing it if they were both released on a weekend, but not on a weekday. Get home from work around 5:30 which gives me (at most) 4 and a half hours. Then factor in stuff like eating dinner, helping kids with home work, spending time with the misses, and I'll be lucky to get even one of them done.

But that's okay, Borderlands is alright but it can wait.

Knurek

huh, it says English voice/text. I.e. you get both.

Hopefully what Beth stated is true.
DA:I has English voices as DLC, but doesn't allow for selecting English subtitles (and Polish translation lacks polish)
HoMM7 is even worse, no option for English at all in our region.

Dsyndrome

Curious how long I play with the Pip Boy that comes with Fallout 4 before I shelve it... then subsequently box it when my wife tells me to get that shit out of the living room.

I used to hate UPlay because I could never log into my account or even reset my password. It managed to fix itself earlier this year when I wanted to play Ass Creed 2 and now I don't mind it. In fact, it was so painless during the Rainbow Six beta that I'm tempted to get a cheap Syndicate key if it pops up somewhere. I didn't even finish Ass 2 before getting burned out but I love English settings.
Wonderful <3 Now say the three magical words that I want to hear: no open world.

Jawmuncher

Must be nice. I could swing it if they were both released on a weekend, but not on a weekday. Get home from work around 5:30 which gives me (at most) 4 and a half hours. Then factor in stuff like eating dinner, helping kids with home work, spending time with the misses, and I'll be lucky to get even one of them done.

But that's okay, Borderlands is alright but it can wait.

I thought the 20th was a friday lol.

Salsa

fallout recommended reqs

Windows 7/8/10 (64-bit OS required)
Intel Core i7 4790 3.6 GHz/AMD FX-9590 4.7 GHz or equivalent
8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space
NVIDIA GTX 780 3GB/AMD Radeon R9 290X 4GB or equivalent

uhh game looks like crap. but okay

Ludens

Banned
fallout recommended reqs

8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space

Yeah, the game looks just like a little step better than New Vegas, those recommended look insane. Expecially the CPU.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
When did they change the key activating process? It doesn't even ask you to install it when activating. It's like Valve knows nobody actually plays games.

Khronico

fallout recommended reqs

8 GB RAM
30 GB free HDD space

I will laugh if I can run Witcher 3 better than Fallout 4.

ExoSoul

Banned
just played the first few levels

I'd recommend you to watch the same scene twice in a row, can even be a mission briefing, then you'd understand what's going on with the writing.
Just so you know: collectibles in missions follow the same rule if you play them again (not when you restart)

Lain

When did they change the key activating process? It doesn't even ask you to install it when activating. It's like Valve knows nobody actually plays games.

It's better now in that it activates right away, but I still get Steam to freeze/become unresponsive right after for 5/10 seconds, which has always been the annoying part of the key activation deal to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom