• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2015 - You had me at "game ... comes to Steam".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

[*]Telltale Publisher weekend up to 75% off
[/list]

If there's one game you want to buy from that deal, let it be Hector: Badge of Carnage.

I mean:

hector530pxdph.jpg

Why would it matter that the last episode of Bordertales lands on the same day as LiS's finale? I assume a majority of people who play these game just buy the season pass so it's not like they're going to affect each other, really.

i dont think a single person in this thread has bought a telltale game's episode on its own.

Durante

I was just thinking that with all the buzz in this thread I guess I should play Contradiction (got it from the bundle). Then this happened:

dontforgetsau96.png

Uncanny.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why would it matter that the last episode of Bordertales lands on the same day as LiS's finale? I assume a majority of people who play these game just buy the season pass so it's not like they're going to affect each other, really.

i dont think a single person in this thread has bought a telltale game's episode on its own.

For me, the only reason it matters is I can't play both on the same day, and the chance of catching spoilers for the one I don't play could be pretty high. I don't think it's going to affect their sales at all, since like you said we've all already bought the season pass.

Now I'm just hoping we get a physical console release of both games, because I would totally double-dip.

ArjanN

Can someone give me their thoughts on Darkest Dungeon? The game intrigues me but I heard there was a huge balance issue with the game being too punishing.

I think it's just a challenging roguelike, it's in early access (should be out soonish) so they're adding/changing stuff regularly which of course leads to a lot of whining about stuff that's clearly still in progress,

For me, the only reason it matters is I can't play both on the same day, and the chance of catching spoilers for the one I don't play could be pretty high. I don't think it's going to affect their sales at all, since like you said we've all already bought the season pass.

To be fair, even then you'd still only have to avoid spoilers for like a day. Both those episodes are probably around the 2 hour mark, so even with limited gaming time that 's pretty doable.

Hektor

I want to play both of them day 1, because im impatient.

PC Gamer staff has posted their secret shames. There's stuff like "I hate MP", "I hate SP", "I don't care about FPS, unless it's below 30", "I like hand-holding", "I hate reading in games" lol etc

I can identifiy myself with the diablo guy.

If there's one game you want to buy from that deal, let it be Hector: Badge of Carnage.

I mean:

hector530pxdph.jpg

Games about me are always worthy of a recommndation.

chronomac

I like hearing about a new Burnout game. Paradise is a top 10 all-timer for me.

Also, you can change the music in Paradise on PC but it requires a little effort. When I played last month, I changed all the tracks to Ennio Morricone themes. It's way, way better this way.

Dr Dogg

Upon checking the non status update of my Transformers order I noticed Amazon have 1tb MX200's for just under 240 squid. Must resist! Black Friday is only around the corner!!!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
To be fair, even then you'd still only have to avoid spoilers for like a day. Both those episodes are probably around the 2 hour mark, so even with limited gaming time that 's pretty doable.

Yeah I'm not really complaining. It reminds me of when I was a kid and different competing TV networks would schedule two great shows at the same time on different channels. You know, before the days of DVR. Then I'd go to school the next day and hear all about how great the show I missed was, while simultaneously telling people about the show I watched.

This is Witcher 1, which creates a new save every time you reach a checkpoint.
Ah my fault. I just saw Witcher and assumed the 3rd game. Still crazy though.
Roughly 3MB per save.
Ah, I see thanks.
That feel when minimum.

4 hours of gaming a day?

Hahahahahaha....

Yeah

Boss please.

PC Gamer staff has posted their secret shames. There's stuff like "I hate MP", "I hate SP", "I don't care about FPS, unless it's below 30", "I like hand-holding", "I hate reading in games" lol etc

Some of those are really unfortunate. Especially the one about spacial awareness.

Burnout is my favourite racing franchise of all time. I'll have what Burnout Paradise had + a waypoint system + option to play Girlfriend endlessly + next gen graphics and I'll be in gaming bliss.

Stevey

OK, hopefully someone can help me with this.
There's a few games in my Steam library that use Uplay.
Is there any way to tell Steam to install Uplay on another drive rather than C?

Good Lord, whoever says Youtuber are lazy bums has no clue how much time-intensive video-editing can be.
So much freaking work and I am just at the stage of importing, categorizing and tagging videos. Good Lord.

Good Lord, whoever says Youtuber are lazy bums has no clue how much time-intensive video-editing can be.
So much freaking work and I am just at the stage of importing, categorizing and tagging videos. Good Lord.

Yup. I don't even do intense editing with my videos and I still spend hours doing it.

The people that pump out a video a day or multiple ones, I have to give credit to.

I may not agree or like all the content certain people put out but, I can never call them lazy.

Sitting down in front of my desktop? Maybe 2 hours a day if I'm lucky. True Story.

Clicker Heroes gets left running most of the time and a lot of my game time is attributed to the game running while I'm putting my daughter back to sleep.

Man that stinks. Then again having kids would take most of your time coupled with work I guess 2 hours is kind of sizable amount of time.

Used to do editing in camera and a pair of VCR's.

Get off my lawn.

Old Man Puncher is trying to scare is off with his toy sailor moon wand and cane again...

Dr Dogg

OK, hopefully someone can help me with this.
There's a few games in my Steam library that use Uplay.
Is there any way to tell Steam to install Uplay on another drive rather than C?

Yeah I've got Uplay on a seperate drive. Just download the installer for the client on Ubisoft's site then change the place you want to install it. Then the titles you have on Steam that use Uplay will see it's installed and just ask you for keys. Though install data is still handled through Steam and how you have your library folders set up mind.

Used to do editing in camera and a pair of VCR's.

Get off my lawn.

Ark at Robert Rodrigues over here!

Stevey

Yeah I've got Uplay on a seperate drive. Just download the installer for the client on Ubisoft's site then change the place you want to install it. Then the titles you have on Steam that use Uplay will see it's installed and just ask you for keys. Though install data is still handled through Steam and how you have your library folders set up mind.

Ark at Robert Rodrigues over here!

Brilliant, thanks a lot

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Milamber
Time to get a PS4
This game is free on PS4
Onigir/Onigirl

On topic- I have some good memories of Burnout 2, shame that never got a PC release I take it?

You can play it on Dolphin or PCSX2 if you have a copy of one of those systems. I got the gamecube version but there are a few visual and audio glitches but from what I see the PS2 version on the emulator has way less issues.

Haunted

Chris Livingston
"I hate multiplayer."
And I’ll do just about anything to avoid it. I see game time as my time, and that time is both precious and limited. I don’t want to spend it sitting in a lobby waiting for others to be ready, ending a game early because others have dropped out, or playing a game longer than I want to simply because my teammates want to keep going. I’m both worried about letting teammates down with poor play and dislike being told how to play. Mostly, I see gaming as a little vacation, one of the few times I can truly do whatever I want and be completely selfish.
Fucking preach it, Chris.

:bow

Controlling my gaming experience is super important to me.

Turfster

Humble Nordic Games 3 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Silent Storm Gold
  • Chaser
  • Jagged Alliance 1 Gold
  • Superpower 2 Gold
TIER 2: BTA
  • Desperados
  • Desperados 2
  • MX vs ATX Unleashed
  • Black Mirror
  • Black Mirror II
  • Black Mirror III
  • Red Faction Guerilla
TIER 3: 10$
  • Book of Unwritten Tales 2

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Even in my high school film classes, we still had crunch time. And final renders took forever. Fun days.

I should try to pick it up again.

Tizoc

Now that's a good bundle. I do have some of the games on there. That MX vs. ATX is the one that interests me the most though.

Phinor

Silent Storm is still a game no one has followed up by making an equal or better game. Tremendous potential there. I wish someone at least tried... (or have I missed some recent indie game?)

Fucking preach it, Chris.

:bow

Controlling my gaming experience is super important to me.

I get what you mean. I enjoy multiplayer games mostly but, I can get people not like waiting. Hell I hate waiting for stuff, especially when some of my friends say they want to play something and then they disappear for 20 minutes...

Monooboe

Aaaah finally new computer all set up and Win 10 installed. I'm so shocked how quiet this new one is, how did I live with my old one.O_O

Had the weirdest experience with installing Batman Arkham Knight from dvds, it only installed something like 1gb from each dvd and now wants to download the rest, why?o_O Did it knew that newer versions of the files were available and skipped them on the dvd?

Also feels damn good to be on a PC again.:D

Purkake4

Banned
Humble Nordic Games 3 bundle
TIER 1: 1$
  • Silent Storm Gold
  • Chaser
  • Jagged Alliance 1 Gold
  • Superpower 2 Gold
TIER 2: BTA
  • Desperados
  • Desperados 2
  • MX vs ATX Unleashed
  • Black Mirror
  • Black Mirror II
  • Black Mirror III
  • Red Faction Guerilla
TIER 3: 10$
  • Book of Unwritten Tales 2
Desperados (1) is still the best Commandos game and hold up fine today.

zkylon

zkylewd
I feel despertados is one of those games I hace a debt of playing but ehhh some other day. I'm on post witcha depresión phase right now, nothing sounds fun...

Maybe it's finally time to play persona 4, tho fallout 4 is soon and I'm gonna want to complain about that

AHA-Lambda

So what you're implying here is that nobody will ever buy Tales from the Borderlands because they'll be buying LiS instead when (1) both are like $20 for the season if you pay full retail (2) each game is vastly dissimilar in terms of story and (3) gamers interested in either/both of these games already own them?

On the off case that someone has bought, individually, each episode of the series mentioned in your post, you're telling me that without a doubt that person is also going to ignore buying episode 5 of TftB because of episode 5 of LiS?

giphy.gif

I wasn't super serious guys :/

Knurek

I feel despertados is one of those games I hace a debt of playing but ehhh some other day. I'm on post witcha depresión phase right now, nothing sounds fun...

Maybe it's finally time to play persona 4, tho fallout 4 is soon and I'm gonna want to complain about that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom