• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
spotlight_image_english.jpg

buy this for the love of god

Hmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I'm going to think about it for a bit.

Parsnip

Anvil Next was used for AC3, they improved it a bit for AC4 but Unity and Syndicate used upgraded version (PBR, GI...). So they will probably upgrade it again for Empire needs.

Naturally they'll upgrade it again, that's just how these things generally work.

But the way you originally said it made it seem like you were thinking there would be a new major version instead of minor version. If Unity was say 5.0, Syndicate was for example 5.3, Empire will probably still be on 5.x versioning, is what I'm getting at. Instead of 6.0.

And I know this doesn't really matter at all, but I'm bored.

dex3108

Naturally they'll upgrade it again, that's just how these things generally work.

But the way you originally said it made it seem like you were thinking there would be a new major version instead of minor version. If Unity was say 5.0, Syndicate was for example 5.3, Empire will probably still be on 5.x versioning, is what I'm getting at. Instead of 6.0.

And I know this doesn't really matter at all, but I'm bored.

It depends, if rumors are true and they are expanding game and making it Witcher 3 like they will need to upgrade engine significantly. I just hope that they will do something about LOD.

Parsnip

It depends, if rumors are true and they are expanding game and making it Witcher 3 like they will need to upgrade engine significantly. I just hope that they will do something about LOD.

Oh I haven't actually followed any rumors.

Vote for Snowdrop.

Definitely Shenzhen. In comparison, TIS-100 looks like a prototype for what is now Shenzhen.

Thanks!
Now I just gotta finish SpaceChem. I played some 30 hours of it ages ago, but ended up spending most of the time optimizing my solutions, and then never got around to finishing it.

spotlight_image_english.jpg

buy this for the love of god
God damn it.
I was planning on not buying any more games this month ..

no idea, i don't really read sites, just saw brian fargo retween an interview that talked about "oversensitive critics" and "sjws" and i'm like

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhh
This, on the other hand, is pretty disappointing to hear.

Tangentially related, but didn't Techraptor drink the gg Kool Aid way back when.
Pretty much.

Easily one of the best games released this year.

Yup. This game is GOTY material that will be overlooked because of how early in the year it released. Get it guys. The puzzles are great and it has what is quite possibly the best designed game world ever made.

ExoSoul

Banned
I stopped playing after the first chapter, because the game became such a total grindfest. Even if it comes to Steam, it still won't be worth playing.

The battles / battle systems are extremely repetitive, and the story line is pretty goofy.

I would be more excited to see Record Keeper or Brave Exvius come to Steam.

This man, this man knows what's up.

Lomax

Almost as if they're cannibalizing their weekly humbles to get people to shift over to the monthly.

What a concept!

Except that wouldn't make any sense at all. There's no way the monthly generates even a fraction of the revenue the frequent bundles did, for either humble or for publishers. Not from any of the numbers we've seen. There has to be a lot more to it than that.

Knurek

Loving the comments on that 'no new bundle today, but be sure to visit Humble Store for 50% off of Fallout games' tweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom