• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plesiades

With all due respect
That doesnt mean much
There were a few games that didnt feature steam logo in their trailers but did have a steam release
With rdr2 it is coming to steam
If not close to console release, then itd be in due time

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2. Social Club exclusive ;)

dex3108

GTA V = 5.5 million sold copies on Steam (lowest price ever 30$) and God knows how many on Social Club and they still don't do PC day 1. No really F them. I love RDR so much but they are really treating PC gamers as idiots.

Pixieking

Banned
GTA V = 5.5 million sold copies on Steam (lowest price ever 30$) and God knows how many on Social Club and they still don't do PC day 1. No really F them. I love RDR so much but they are really treating PC gamers as idiots.

Yeah, but this is why the chances of a later PC release are so high. *shrugs*

I agree dex but they do what a company does. Trying to maximize profits. It sure sucks for us though. They're one of the very few devs who can pull this successfully. I don't think the wait is gonna be all too long though.

With all due respect
That doesnt mean much
There were a few games that didnt feature steam logo in their trailers but did have a steam release
With rdr2 it is coming to steam
If not close to console release, then itd be in due time

So as I said, 1 or 2 years later. If not at all.

Arthea

I agree dex but they do what a company does. Trying to maximize profits. It sure sucks for us though. They're one of the very few devs who can pull this successfully. I don't think the wait is gonna be all too long though.

wait, are you saying they get not enough profit that they should resort to such measures?
because you know it's ridiculous...
Maximizing profits by treating bigger part of your fanbase as pariahs? yeah, that surely is something a self respecting company should do.
And let's not forget that we never got RDR at all.

So what you're saying is the game still sold extremely well after multiple delays and ports to other platforms. I can't imagine why they'd do it again!

dex3108

Yeah, but this is why the chances of a later PC release are so high. *shrugs*

Day 1 release on PC or Day 600 on PC would make little difference in my opinion. People who want to buy it on both platforms will buy it.

Nillansan

To me the idea of a day one announcement for the PC along with the console counterparts didn't seem so utterly outlandish given how GTA V continues to sell on the PC. Sadly it seems like Rockstar Games will continue to employ the double dipping marketing tactic despite how well their previous release performs on the PC.

yuraya

Disappointing R* didn't announce a PC version but at the same time I can't really care much for 2 since I never played the first RDR. And they titled it 2 as well so its probably gonna be based heavily off the first. Some are saying its a prequel tho so I might just pick it up if/when it does come to PC.

rtcn63

If you have to spend most of your time looking at the minimap instead of in front of you because of the useless HUD like in GTA V, I'll pass. (Seriously, no on-screen objective marker, particularly during chase missions?) Never played the original RDR, but I heard it's more known for its story and characters than actual gameplay.

Grief.exe

It's not even hard to miss it, unless there is some kind of massive decrease in the output of PC games next year. This year has been so mad for great games that most are deferred to next year for me. Ain't got no time fam.

Also, fairly confident I'll get it gifted to me again as with GTA V. Wouldn't pay full price for something that I can probably get at the end of the consoles life for nothing anyway. Almost played GTA V on PS3 due to that, but got gifted the PC version so didn't bother

Game release dates are irrelevant to me, there are so many great games and so many of my favorites get continually updated that I never have time for everything anyways.

Why would console players double dip? Those who care about performance would probably get PS4 Pro or Xbox Scorpio months down the line.

1. Sell people PS4 and Xbox One version
2. Sell people PS4 Pro and Scorpio version
3. Sell people PC version
4. Rockstar continues to be shit heels.
5. Profit x3

Backlogger

Wow that RDR2 thread. I can't wait until actual details are released about the game so that it can be discussed in more informed way

But aren't console games sold after a certain date mandated to support both regular and "pro" version?

I'm sure they can get around that with some special/definitive edition fuckery, making it technically a "different game" and to be honest I don't see Sony or Microsoft saying no to a Rockstar game no matter the situation.

bbd23

RDR is my favorite game of all time but I think ill wait for a PC version... when the game eventually comes in the year 2019 I should have a fresh build waiting!

def sim

Not surprising since it only appears in the chalice dungeons. Early one though.

I'll probably give it a proper, more complete run soon enough. With the DLC, chalice dungeons, and a number of optional bosses, it'll probably feel like a new game. 😌

rtcn63

I'll probably give it a proper, more complete run soon enough. With the DLC, chalice dungeons, and a number of optional bosses, it'll probably feel like a new game. ��

Here's a tip- if you're planning on doing a strength weapon build, you can do a suicide run for the best (DLC) strength weapons as soon as the new area is accessible in the campaign. They're not gated by the DLC bosses.

The best skill weapons on the other hand are, even the ones found in the campaign are late-game.

Tizoc

Anyone else feeling apathetic towards BG&E2 lately? The NX exclusiveness may as well be real and I couldn't care less.
I mean it's not like Nintendo fans care about BG&E do they?

Game release dates are irrelevant to me, there are so many great games and so many of my favorites get continually updated that I never have time for everything anyways.

That's an interesting point.

Anno

This is where I'm at as well. I'm sure there will be like 5 games and another 2 expansions that come out around the same time as any other that I want to play.

def sim

Here's a tip- if you're planning on doing a strength weapon build, you can do a suicide run for the best (DLC) strength weapons as soon as the new area is accessible in the campaign. They're not gated by the DLC bosses.

The best skill weapons on the other hand are, even the ones found in the campaign are late-game.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

I played the cover build, so anything far from vanilla will do.

Anyone else feeling apathetic towards BG&E2 lately? The NX exclusiveness may as well be real and I couldn't care less.
I mean it's not like Nintendo fans care about BG&E do they?

Sure, though that's mostly because it's so far off and doesn't feel concrete.

Kudo

For someone who plays probably under 10 games a year waiting for PC version is out of question.
I'm just happy they even announced it, RDR is "game of all-time"-tier, got something to look forward to now, life doesn't feel so empty suddenly.

Nzyme32

For someone who plays probably under 10 games a year waiting for PC version is out of question.
I'm just happy they even announced it, RDR is "game of all-time"-tier, got something to look forward to now, life doesn't feel so empty suddenly.

I'd say you need a life that is more meaningful. Not that I know the meaning of life or anything, but if a game resolved an empty feeling for my life, I'd be certain I'd fucked up somewhere.

Other than Jaw getting a new Dino Crisis. That would genuinely have meaning

Sch1sm

I'm sure they can get around that with some special/definitive edition fuckery, making it technically a "different game" and to be honest I don't see Sony or Microsoft saying no to a Rockstar game no matter the situation.

Sony's been pretty serious about that, though. Games can't even have DLC exclusives for Pro, and a "different game" would still fall under the mandate.

Regardless, you'll get RDR2.

2019 Spring, believe.

Kudo

I'd say you need a life that is more meaningful. Not that I know the meaning of life or anything, but if a game resolved an empty feeling for my life, I'd be certain I'd fucked up somewhere.

Other than Jaw getting a new Dino Crisis. That would genuinely have meaning

I know I fucked up somewhere and no game to fix this empty feeling, that post was just good old hyperbole, but I guess it's true I'm always looking forward to something and neglecting the present.
"Getting there is half the fun" and all that.

kagamin

Why is life so empty for you though? Why is the emptiness of your life tied to a game company announcing a game?

GaussTek

About, Mobius Final Fantasy coming to Steam... YAY! I will finally be able to uninstall the mobile version, as it works too slow in my phone lol.

And, about RDR2 not coming to Steam... Yeah, another Rockstar fail, but don't worry, I guess it will come out in a few years, so people double dip, as with GTA V.

ᶦᵐ ʲᵘˢᵗ ᵍᵒᶰᶰᵃ ᵍᵉᵗ ᴿᴰᴿ² ᵒᶰ ᵐʸ ᴾˢ⁴ ᴾʳᵒ⋅⋅⋅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom