• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbd23

I guess they don't come up for me because I disabled the game dvr or w/e.
original.gif

How do you get them to show on screen? Does it have like the normal Xbox achievement animation?

I have game DVR off too

I think you need action center enabled? It was already working for me.

Noticed something new while playing Rocket League just now. My team was conceding goals consistently for a couple of minutes until I stopped to look at what my team mates were doing. Turns out they never actually went for the ball at all. In fact, they were just driving in straight lines non stop for the entire duration.

Is this some new thing where people bot games in Rocket League to get rare drops or something like that?

bjaelke

Noticed something new while playing Rocket League just now. My team was conceding goals consistently for a couple of minutes until I stopped to look at what my team mates were doing. Turns out they never actually went for the ball at all. In fact, they were just driving in straight lines non stop for the entire duration.

Is this some new thing where people bot games in Rocket League to get rare drops or something like that?
Unfortunately, yes.

yeah, it sucks, I hate quitting midgame, but I just can't cope with that kind of players.

Hektor

Regarding the Haydee game, the devs themselves have made a nude model of Haydee. The texture files are in the demo, which was never on Steam, and do not appear in the main game. Someone took them and made them a "mod" for the Steam game.

This is the face of Haydee before she was turned into half-robot half-human.

triss-character-profile.jpg

kagamin

I like FH3 a lot, I have my difficulty at hard right now but I might adjust it to manual shifting later, no traction assist actually made somewhat of a difference for my playstyle too so I'm happy for now.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Blade 2 was a great movie.

Also this probably means Ron Perlman and Wesley Snipes confirmed for Death Stranding :D

Just imagine Ron Perlman finally saying that "war has changed".

Regarding the Haydee game, the devs themselves have made a nude model of Haydee. The texture files are in the demo, which was never on Steam, and do not appear in the main game. Someone took them and made them a "mod" for the Steam game.

This is the face of Haydee before she was turned into half-robot half-human.

What have they done to T--

Yeah, what Hektor said.

What a strange game.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Battlefield 1 SP video looks really interesting. They really try to tell the story in a different way.
The frontline one? I thought it looked awful and unpolished. The trailers had me hyped but after seeing that tedious segment I'm starting to lose interest.

neoemonk

I remember seeing Blade 2 in the theater. At the job I had at the time, we used to sneak off to lunch time movies on a regular basis so I went to see it the day it came out at the first showing.

I was really surprised because there were little kids in there screaming and crying and I didn't know who would bring their kids to a movie like that. I didn't have kids at the time, but now I do and I can safely say I wouldn't take my kids to a movie like that, so the whole experience is still a mystery to me.

Fun movie though.

Bluth54

So it's been over a year since the last Team Fortress 2 comic was released. Someone recently asked the writer Jay Pinkerton about it, he said this about why the comic took so long:

TuRxDiQ.png

Hopefully whatever he's been working on gets announced/revealed soon.

MadGear

I just started playing Oniken. I'm actually surprised how good this game is, especially considering that I have never heard of this game before the recent Humble Bundle. My only issue so far is that either my DS4 is acting up or the game tends to drop inputs. Oh well, I always try to play these games on a gamepad first but end up playing them on a keyboard instead (just my preference, even for fighting games) and the keyboard controls feel perfectly fine so far.

Tizoc

Mad max is the prettiest ugly game ive played yet
I might gift it to my cousin whose lappy has a gtx 840 and see how well it performs for him

Does the IdleMaster trick work even if you haven't idled the games for 2 hours?
It does for me :x

Ludens

Banned
I completed ABC Murders, quite a good title if your expectations are low, ideal when you have nothing to play and you don't want to face a challenging game. The gameplay is pretty much the same of the latest Sherlock Holmes titles: you need to examine the murder scene, talk with suspects and make deductions, while you are prompted to solve some easy puzzles from time to time.
I wrote the game is too easy because it's simply impossible not complete it. You can't make a wrong deduction and the game won't let you proceed until you make it, and you can simply brute force this by selecting all the options until you find the correct one.
During the examination of crime scenes and scenarios, you can't really miss evidences, since there's a big counter informing you on how many evidences you need to find, closing the screen when you clicked them all.

Again, a solid title if you don't expect something great, for sure on par with Sherlock Holmes games on what Microids delivered, even if it lacks in complexity.

Oh, I forgot: the game doesn't perform so well. It uses Unity, sometimes the characters forget to move their lips, there are tons of loading screens in and there even if the locations are very small (usually 2-3 small screens). Also my GPU was like 56c, the same temperature I have on Witcher 3.

rtcn63

I want to play the RE1 remaster but without the tank controls. I never beat the GC version because I kept running into zombies I'd just evaded, those damn camera angles. Maybe if the game goes cheap on PC or PS4.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Welcome to why Crate drops are a cancer killing gaming. Please don't support that shit.

I want to play the RE1 remaster but without the tank controls. I never beat the GC version because I kept running into zombies I'd just evaded, those damn camera angles. Maybe if the game goes cheap on PC or PS4.

Camera angles are still there. Learn to tank control. Your character is always "forward"/up on D-pad and turning "left-right by their perspective" with left-right.

Tizoc

I completed ABC Murders, quite a good title if your expectations are low, ideal when you have nothing to play and you don't want to face a challenging game. The gameplay is pretty much the same of the latest Sherlock Holmes titles: you need to examine the murder scene, talk with suspects and make deductions, while you are prompted to solve some easy puzzles from time to time.
I wrote the game is too easy because it's simply impossible not complete it. You can't make a wrong deduction and the game won't let you proceed until you make it, and you can simply brute force this by selecting all the options until you find the correct one.
During the examination of crime scenes and scenarios, you can't really miss evidences, since there's a big counter informing you on how many evidences you need to find, closing the screen when you clicked them all.

Again, a solid title if you don't expect something great, for sure on par with Sherlock Holmes games on what Microids delivered, even if it lacks in complexity.

Oh, I forgot: the game doesn't perform so well. It uses Unity, sometimes the characters forget to move their lips, there are tons of loading screens in and there even if the locations are very small (usually 2-3 small screens). Also my GPU was like 56c, the same temperature I have on Witcher 3.
Maybe the game wasnt using ur nvidia card? It can happen sometimes and that prob is what caused the issue

Saty

Finally tried the FIFA 17 demo with a controller. EA continue to be dumbfucks. Not only did they not think of adding an option for the Trainer to only display the direction arrow (w\o all the text), they took a step back and now you don't even get the power meter above the player's head with the Trainer on. Gotta peer your eyes to the edges of the screen again and again.

I continue to be mystified how thousands of self-proclaimed gamers who work on a game day in and day out can't come to a conclusion any player with 5 minute experience would be screaming. Another year i won't be buying FIFA. I don't suppose there are mods for that..

Ludens

Banned
Maybe the game wasnt using ur nvidia card? It can happen sometimes and that prob is what caused the issue

Nah, I think it's just Unity as usual. I read other people have problems with the game and framerate too on steam community hub. Plus you can't even choose a custom resolution, the game forced me with a resolution with black bars on both sides of the screen.

rtcn63

Camera angles are still there. Learn to tank control. Your character is always "forward"/up on D-pad and turning "left-right by their perspective" with left-right.

Angles I'm aware, I just don't like tank controls. I think I've only ever beaten a few games with them- RE2 on PC and Code Veronica come to mind. I've watched the remaster played enough times to know that health and ammo becomes abundant enough to make up for early blunders, but really, I dislike the tank.

Grief.exe

doesn't HD REmake have a camera-relative joystick control option?

It's honestly broken. Obvious that it was done quickly to appease people who are unable or unwilling to wrap their heads around tank controls.

We were just talking about tank controls yesterday.

The learning curve really doesn't take that long, maybe 30 minutes max. If you still struggle after that, I will judge you.

Uzzy

Finally tried the FIFA 17 demo with a controller. EA continue to be dumbfucks. Not only did they not think of adding an option for the Trainer to only display the direction arrow (wo all the text), they took a step back and now you don't even get the power meter above the player's head with the Trainer on. Gotta peer your eyes to the edges of the screen again and again.

I continue to be mystified how thousands of self-proclaimed gamers who work on a game day in and day out can't come to a conclusion any player with 5 minute experience would be screaming. Another year i won't be buying FIFA. I don't suppose there are mods for that..

That sounds really shoddy. Thankfully the superior experience comes out next month.

My Steam backlog has taken a hit, since my friend convinced me to try playing WoW for the first time.

Big mistake.

You should've played FFXIV instead.

Finally tried the FIFA 17 demo with a controller. EA continue to be dumbfucks. Not only did they not think of adding an option for the Trainer to only display the direction arrow (w\o all the text), they took a step back and now you don't even get the power meter above the player's head with the Trainer on. Gotta peer your eyes to the edges of the screen again and again.

Tried the FIFA demo. Saw how the players walk, uninstalled.

rtcn63

We were just talking about tank controls yesterday.

It's a mixture of the controls, the camera angles, and the narrow hallways in RE. I think the furthest I've made in the GC version was after getting the dog whistle. Interestingly enough, I've never found the shotgun. But whenever I watch other people play it, it's one of the first things they get. I know what the room looks like and what you're supposed to do, but even after hours of playing, I've never reached it. I just don't have that muscle memory since I've never finished the original... I think. I'm Jill with her head cut off running around aimlessly.

It's a mixture of the controls, the camera angles, and the narrow hallways in RE. I think the furthest I've made in the GC version was after getting the dog whistle. Interestingly enough, I've never found the shotgun. But whenever I watch other people play it, it's one of the first things they get. I know what the room looks like and what you're supposed to do, but even after hours of playing, I've never reached it. I just don't have that muscle memory since I've never finished the original... I think. I'm Jill with her head cut off running around aimlessly.

The camera angles help add to the tension in that game. You get used to the tank controls after some time with them. You should definitely give it another shot.

Jawmuncher

With Jill you can go to the room, pull it off the rack and get it.
With Chris you need the broken shotgun, and replace it with the real shotgun on the rack.

The room with the shotgun is on the first floor. In a hallway you never have to go through more than once.

Grief.exe

How is it broken?

It's clearly completely unbalanced. The game wasn't designed around you turning on a dime at full speed, which makes many of the encounters trivial.

Just going by how it looks in the game, you have to believe that this was added in at the last minute in order to placate the people who are unwilling to devote the modicum of time it takes to adapt to tank controls.

I don't have any nostalgic attachment to tank controls either. Played Resident Evil for the first time with the Steam rerelease, the controls felt good after 5 minutes, natural in 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom