• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adnor

Banned
The Steam Saint Seiya game even has Portuguese and Spanish dubs while missing an English one, what makes me think they assumed it would sell more in Latin America than in North America. Too bad it sold poorly in the end.

They even hired Jesús Barrero to do Seiya's voice even tho he was diagnosed with cancer. And he did the work because of his fans.

RIP Jesús Barrero, you were an important part of my childhood ;_;

So I went back into Thea: The Awakening, and I guess at some point after the multiplayer addition they did a major polish pass. The UI and presentation in general is much better than it was previously, with clearer fonts, better graphics, and just a cleaner look overall. The events seem a bit better balanced too, providing some more variety in what happens. For such seemingly minor changes, it has improved the overall feel of the game dramatically.

So, in other words, Thea: The Awakening keeps winning.

Also in Thea news, MuHa Games have mentioned they're working on a patch for Thea (which I think just came out?) and then they'll be focusing wholly on their next title. I'm pretty excited for it, whatever it ends up being.

Sounds great. Ive bought this on sale and wanted to try it soon.

Tizoc

They even hired Jesús Barrero to do Seiya's voice even tho he was diagnosed with cancer. And he did the work because of his fans.

RIP Jesús Barrero, you were an important part of my childhood ;_;

Dang that sucks. Maybe I'll make a giveaway of it come Winter Seal. Gonna play the game with the Spanish dub based on this info.

I dont actually get Bandai-Namcos release strategy. They release Saint Seiya, based on an anime thats not really popular anime, but wont release stuff like Sword Art Online, thats been hugely popular in the mainstream on Steam...

I think they base it on the ability to port the game or not. Basically, I suspect that their port decisions are based on IP popularity and the ability for the original studio to port it. For bigger IPs, they use QLOC for exemple.

I think they base it on the ability to port the game or not. Basically, I suspect that their port decisions are based on IP popularity and the ability for the original studio to port it. For bigger IPs, they use QLOC for exemple.

Yeah, but I am still wondering why a huge IP like SAO hasnt been ported yet. Its far bigger than God Eater e.g. or Saint Seiya. I mean even people who dont like anime somehow still watched SAO.
And the new SAO seems to use UE4, so porting shouldnt be that big of a problem.

Yeah, but I am still wondering why a huge IP like SAO hasnt been ported yet. Its far bigger than God Eater e.g. or Saint Seiya. I mean even people who dont like anime somehow still watched SAO.
And the new SAO seems to use UE4, so porting shouldnt be that big of a problem.

I think it was basically developped by a team with no possible mean to easy port it ? Although I don't personnally miss SAO, I wished Digimon was coming though.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
That's a good looking case I have to say and wow at that CPU cooler! Where do you live, in the desert? ;)

yeah in retrospect, it's a bit over kill. i live in NYC but i like to keep things cool.

also, took a PTO day today to mess around with my new build fuck it!

I just saw Digimon is on Steam.

Thought its the Bandai-Namco games, but its that:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/537180/

Darn, when I saw that for a second I thought it was Cyber Sleuth.

I actually got Cyber Sleuth during a PSN sale but it hasn't quite clicked with me yet. I'm sure it will eventually though.
I don't know anything about Digimon but it seemed like a pretty decent rpg so I gave it a shot, it's definitely a quality game.

Speaking of anime, I don't watch a lot but my brother is really into it and sometimes he recomends something or I borrow a manga and I'm honestly shocked at the level of violence sometimes.
It's like the authors take pleasure in torturing or killing their chatacters in the most gruesome ways.
Sometimes there's actually a good story there but does it really need to be so graphic and over the top? What is gained from that? Can't the story be told without resorting to such a brutal level of graphical violence?
I think that consuming this type of content on a daily basis would really get to me. Some stuff I've seen is downright sickening and I'm pretty sure it's not even the worse.
It gets to a point where it feels like extreme violence is getting completely trivialized.

On a different note, I need to finish Doom and Shadowrun before December 2nd because then it's time to dust off the old 3DS for the european release of SMTIV Apocalypse.

I care so much about Nintendo that I forgot about the NX reveal.
Gaf being down reminded me that it was probably happening right now lol.

Tizoc

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Well best of luck NInty
Let me know if it uses similar account system and region free-ness as the PS3/PS4 and I'd be in.

Saty

Lethal VR is the next game from the creators of Burnout
Letal VR is described as a fast action arcade shooter inspired by classic arcade gun games from the past.

You assume the role of an FBI recruit who is being assessed. Point Break, Robocop and The Man with the Golden Gun are all cited as reference points.
It's built for the HTC Vive, and it'll be out on that platform on 8th November, but a PS VR version will be available before the end of 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u74_AK1JTz4

I...kinda liked what I saw for the Switch

will obviously wait to see real footage and specs before making any decisions but the concept seems interesting enough

the switch doesn't look bad, at least Nintendo solved their problem of two platform development

this will get a niche following for their first party games but third party support is dead (lol Bethesda)

Tizoc

But it doesn't solve anything. People already complained that PS Vita is big and this looks even bigger.

There was a scene where you can see someone put the screen into one of those headseat holder things.
Maybe the Switch will release with various screen sizes?

def sim

But it doesn't solve anything. People already complained that PS Vita is big and this looks even bigger.

No, the problem I'm talking about is having different games on two different platforms instead of a unified one. The size is irrelevant; I'm not bringing this thing out. Same as with my iPad.

dex3108

No, the problem I'm talking about is having different games on two different platforms instead of a unified one. The size is irrelevant; I'm not bringing this thing out. Same as with my iPad.

Then you get bigger problem game needs to be tailored to both platforms.

My brother never saw the Wii U when I showed him the Switch trailer he said 'Nintendo make the sickest consoles!'
I mean OK the 3DS is decent enough design....

Actually I'm not impressed by the design. It's the concept that's interesting.

They are catering to the mobile culture of people nowadays. If that thing can also play iOS/Android games it'll be selling pretty well.

It has the potential to be the next JRPG platform. Most Japanese devs/pubs are partnering with Nintendo for Switch.

I don't think size is the issue. You can just dock it everywhere if you think it's hurting your arms.

Got a laugh out of those micro controllers. Besides, that's pretty damn big for a portable device.
The concept is smart considering current trends but we've known about that for ages.
Let's see if they implement a decent account system and online infrastructure, not to mention doing away with the damn region lock.
The focus on a game like Skyrim and even e-sports seems to show a much needed change in nintendo's direction.
Let's see if all those third party logos will actually mean anything in the long term this time.

Has Bethesda ever brought a game to a nintendo console? It was named in the credits, so i think the announce st for it. Interesting.

edit, it was one game, "where´s waldo", a puzzle game on the NES (1991), but even that was published by THQ.

If there's one thing, it's that you can't say Nintendo doesn't at least try to innovate.

It's bigger than other portables but not too big. Sleek and thin. They went asymmetrical sticks. Ah well, nobody's perfect I guess.
----
Red Dead Redemption 2 Trailer

Looking good.

Man, so many nice things today PC folks will miss out on
:p

Nzyme32

Nintendo Switch looks great but simply isn't portable enough for me. Still good enough for a whole bunch of uses, but where Nintendo traditionally falls on its arse for me is lack of perpetuity, lack of good online / digital distribution infrastructure etc etc

This at least appears to be no different, which probably rules me out.

-----

Meanwhile, the RDR2 trailer, while very pretty, was kind of a crap teaser; nothing particularly exciting or interesting to me, but perhaps that is since I never played RDR to note returning characters etc. As usual, the PC version is what I will get if it come out eventually, otherwise I'll just miss it as I have RDR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom