• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Nothing beats Gears of War 4 trying to re-download itself.

I STILL haven't downloaded that pos on PC. Despite it downloading just fine on my Xbox.
I would get to 20gb and it would restart. As many chances as I gave it, I easily hit 100GB+ on just attempting to download it.

No clue how Microsoft is gonna push for Play Anyhwere with a terrible downloader, and no third party jumping on.

I STILL haven't downloaded that pos on PC. Despite it downloading just fine on my Xbox.
I would get to 20gb and it would restart. As many chances as I gave it, I easily hit 100GB+ on just attempting to download it.

No clue how Microsoft is gonna push for Play Anyhwere with a terrible downloader, and no third party jumping on.
Sad to hear. It runs around 80~110fps @1440p Ultra on my PC, plays like a dream.
Have you tried reinstalling the last several Windows updates?

And I don't think third parties will joinPlay Anywhere, ever. The console market is a lot larger than Mac and Linux machines combined.

me0wish

So a few pages back I got some interesting feedback from you guys that was quite helpful for this post:

So I took your guy's advice, but did sprinkle a bit in myself. I did a take mostly inspired by Annubis's suggestion, and the big picture mentions. Curious to get your guy's take on this one?

b1ab72e627204283ffc2c96d54bb3bd4.png

Part of me thinks I should put something more eye-catching to the side, but then the darker figure might work fine, but it might be less eye-catching. I've debated on a few different takes with this, but I think hearing people's thoughts has been helpful.

Don't mind opinions and critiques, it's why I ask and it is helpful. I saw some didn't want to offend me, but I take no offense at all. Collecting multiple people's opinions since it helps me as I definitely am not in marketing. I don't mind if I have to do several more takes either, and interesting to hear everyone's thoughts as the contrast of opinion is helpful to reflect on.

I like "C" the most, its actually quite good. But I kinda like the drawing you have in the previous ones, maybe make it look creepier and make it more visible? With Hollow Bliss drawn onto it?

So a few pages back I got some interesting feedback from you guys that was quite helpful for this post:

So I took your guy's advice, but did sprinkle a bit in myself. I did a take mostly inspired by Annubis's suggestion, and the big picture mentions. Curious to get your guy's take on this one?

Part of me thinks I should put something more eye-catching to the side, but then the darker figure might work fine, but it might be less eye-catching. I've debated on a few different takes with this, but I think hearing people's thoughts has been helpful.

Don't mind opinions and critiques, it's why I ask and it is helpful. I saw some didn't want to offend me, but I take no offense at all. Collecting multiple people's opinions since it helps me as I definitely am not in marketing. I don't mind if I have to do several more takes either, and interesting to hear everyone's thoughts as the contrast of opinion is helpful to reflect on.

Best one yet. Very readable, and creates curiosity. But show the side creature with a bit more lightening.

FLD

If a casual gamer like me can do it, you can do it too!! With lots of trial and error :p

Hahaha, so I keep telling myself. I just keep dying in the stupidest fucking ways. My best run today, I was on the temple with like 12 health, jetpack, kapala, everything. And I got squashed by one of those damn moving blocks at the very start of 4-2. I think I only made it to Olmec once or twice in almost 50h of play now.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
uh i know this is the Steam thread but i just built my first PC and i have a few questions i think you'll be able to help me with:

1) i tried to download forza horizon 3 but it says i don't meet the system requirements - 2 gb of video ram. i have a 1070 in here, with the latest drivers and the hdmi cable plugged into it - any reason why it's not being recognized?

2) i have an Asus Pro Gaming z170 mini itx - should i update my bios? from here:
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/Z170I-PRO-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/

uh i know this is the Steam thread but i just built my first PC and i have a few questions i think you'll be able to help me with:

1) i tried to download forza horizon 3 but it says i don't meet the system requirements - 2 gb of video ram. i have a 1070 in here, with the latest drivers and the hdmi cable plugged into it - any reason why it's not being recognized?

2) i have an Asus Pro Gaming z170 mini itx - should i update my bios? from here:

Well, for point one, Windows store is just shit. Some people like Jaw in here still haven't been able to get their downloads no matter what.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Well, for point one, Windows store is just shit. Some people like Jaw in here still haven't been able to get their downloads no matter what.

well if it helps, i manage to get it to recognize the video card - now it says "You own this product"

but 'Install' is still greyed out

i just want to try out this Forza :/

Where are the pictures?

yuraya

If its not letting you download the game that means you are missing the anniversary update.

Also it can be an additional update that came after the anniversary as well so make sure you are fully up to date.

Wok

The problem with this one is that I have a hard time seeing the picture on the side. It might be my monitor gamma which is set to a too low value.

386d262c46abdb427f6300a2757a688f.png

OKAY, so thank you for everyone sharing opinions, thinking on it this might be most reflective but I can touch-up more and such of course. What do you guys think of this one?

I like that one a ton better.

Platy

I asked Neogaf the same thing some time ago and I got the feeling most Nintendo fans didn't like the idea. Thread

The problem is that you are saying that Nintendo games will be playable on PC .... I meant in a "NX will ALSO play steam games for more third party" way. Even in this crazy idea I don't think nintendo games will stop being 100% exclusive to their consoles

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
What skin is that?

There's no wallet displayed on that skin. I've been looking for one.

PixelVision.

I thought the DLC was alright, especially if you haven't played the main game yet. The DLC missions are pretty short, but the stuff you get in them is all pretty good and you can use that in the main campaign as well.

Admittedly, I do love the bavarium-powered wingsuit!

Anustart

Got new 1060, addicted to Stardew valley.....

While I did see 60fps with Witcher 3 at max settings except foliage distance, GTA V runs around 45fps with maxed. Any easy wins with settings on gta v to score a solid 60?

I'm still enjoying Primal. I'm not a big fan of open world driving so that issue is solved. Though I just started riding beats and that is the way to travel. I like the way the missions are designed and the tracking skill is immersive. I usually turn off the hud but this feels like a way to communicate to you how in tune with his surroundings Turock is. As a player I'd never see a two man party across a meadow or be able to track an animal by foot prints a two second sprint away from each other but the sense meter and hunter vision lets me know that.
New Be Mine coming, no idea about the hints yet.
Groupees fell off as hard asGroupon did. Such bad quality the last couple years.

BeMine was supposed to be Groupees bundle with higher profile games, but when checking their previous BeMine bundles they are like same quality as any IndieGala monday bundle

Groupees fell off as hard asGroupon did. Such bad quality the last couple years.

They've dropped off massively in terms of quality and quantity. All the sites are competing in the same pool of games and since Groupees' sales numbers have noticeably declined over time I imagine they are having a hard time getting devs/publishers to sign on.

Humble->Bundlestars->Indiegala->Groupees->The Rest

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Is the bundle market imploding? I haven't been following much with what's going on, but I've noticed some talk about it.

KingBroly

Banned
A 12 gig patch for Doom just hit (sheesh). My new internet speeds downloaded it so fast that the external I have installed to hasn't properly installed it yet despite the download for it finishing already.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Is the bundle market imploding? I haven't been following much with what's going on, but I've noticed some talk about it.

Its been imploding for ages now. Bundlestars stole the top spot (well runner up, you could argue that humble is still the king) and the rest have been mostly fodder crap, or just outright dead.

Ludens

Banned
Its been imploding for ages now. Bundlestars stole the top spot (well runner up, you could argue that humble is still the king) and the rest have been mostly fodder crap, or just outright dead.

I agree. Humble decreased in quality the moment they started spitting out bundles every week. When there were 1-2 bundles each year, each bundle was stellar, providing the best of the best of the indie scene.
Now they are just average, with some casual good bundles, but nothing compared to the past.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Bundlestars and Indiegala (in my opinion) have been mostly dominating the bundle scene, most have seemed to be... Dying. Humble Bundle does have a good 'bigger' bundle on occasion though, but not to the full extent it once did.

Indiegala I include because they have multiple bundles a week, and very often have games that haven't been bundled before, including plenty of hidden gems in the mix. They don't get many big name games, but they do get some quirky titles worth playing and probably have the broadest number of games by far at this point (they have at least two new bundles every week, sometimes even 3-4 bundles a week).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom