• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

I would like a budget version without the tablet. I am willing to give Ninty another chance with the return of traditional gamepad controls.

Parsnip

Very curious about the Switch Pro controller with the right kind of stick layout and nintendo build quality, I wonder if it works on a PC.

And having a budget version of the Switch without the tablet would be great for me, I don't play games on the go. Budget system without tablet + pro controller.

Monster Hunter on the big screen and the ability to play it portable too.

DAMN THIS IS HUGE.

Monster Hunter on Steam would be HUGER. No need to deal with underpowered hardware and silly online infrastructures.

But I'm sure Capcom has other plans for us. Soemthing with zombiez.

Nintendo Switch looks great but simply isn't portable enough for me. Still good enough for a whole bunch of uses, but where Nintendo traditionally falls on its arse for me is lack of perpetuity, lack of good online / digital distribution infrastructure etc etc

This at least appears to be no different, which probably rules me out.

-----

Meanwhile, the RDR2 trailer, while very pretty, was kind of a crap teaser; nothing particularly exciting or interesting to me, but perhaps that is since I never played RDR to note returning characters etc. As usual, the PC version is what I will get if it come out eventually, otherwise I'll just miss it as I have RDR

I think their new account binding is a step in the right direction. Their distribution is tied to the account so i dont see a problem there. I think the will improve it anyway.

RDR looks really pretty. Im not really into rockstar games, gta4 and 5 bored me to death, rdr1 was not really better that time, although i love the western theme. The only game i had fun with was gta vice city, carried by the 80s disco theme alone. Their games are showcases for what is possible in videogames, but they dont get me (anymore).

Vuze

Monster Hunter on Steam would be HUGER. No need to deal with underpowered hardware and silly online infrastructures.

But I'm sure Capcom has other plans for us. Soemthing with zombiez.
We're still waiting for that Monster Hunter HD collection on Steam, you hear us wbacon?!

:(

kagamin

I'll buy it, I own every single Nintendo handheld (minus some cosmetic revisions) to date so I don't see the need to change that now.

All I asked was about the account system @o@

I'm sure some legit threads got lost in the shuffle, maybe try again in a day or so lol.

EDIT: Reading the RDR2 PS4 exclusive online content thread is pretty funny, everyone lost their minds and talked complete shit about the online aspect a day ago now that Sony money hatted some horse rims DLC everyone is shouting from the mountain tops how awesome it's going to be and what a big deal it is lol.

rtcn63

Even if the new Zelda turns out to be an archaic slog, just having tactile controls means I could actually attempt to play it through.

Also my 3DS doesn't ever leave my bedroom.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
All I asked was about the account system @o@

There's no information on that right now. We don't want the entire front page to be 5 second "Yeah well do we know XYZ about Switch? No? Oh. Ok." threads. If there's news on the account system, there'll be a thread.

cyba89

EDIT: Reading the RDR2 PS4 exclusive online content thread is pretty funny, everyone lost their minds and talked complete shit about the online aspect a day ago now that Sony money hatted some horse rims DLC everyone is shouting from the mountain tops how awesome it's going to be and what a big deal it is lol.

Are we reading a different thread? And since when is GAF a homogeneous mass with only one opinion? Maybe these are different people you talk about.

Uzzy

Civ VI Reviews:

PC Gamer - 93
PC Games N - 9/10

Looks promising. The videos from Quill18 and Arumba that I've seen also look promising. The city district system with its overlapping benefits looks quite rewarding if you're able to plan your cities out well ahead, which is certainly good.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
People getting all hot about Switch need to try and switch their policies and get some CIV 6 HYPE instead.

A few reviews out there and it looks and sounds fantastic so far. PUT IT INTO MY VEINS.

Nzyme32

Why are people even thinking of playing a Civ game before at least the second expansion?
Didn't they learn anything from Civ4, Civ5 and Civ:BE?

2nd expansion will make the game good. Believe!

Kind of a crap argument. Civ IV and V were terrible at launch for lack of features missing from previous games. Civ BE is entirely different to normal Civ and its downfall came from a lack of grounding in reality and history with all the personality that comes with it.

Civ VI launches with everything from Civ V out of the gate - minus the World Congress, which makes sense since the system for policies itself is different already.

There is really very little to complain about from what can be seen with Civ VI. Balancing is the only thing that is very expected to be wobbly, especially so now with leader abilities and bonuses and a revamped research / policies trees / systems. Out of the gate, it's better than all those you have named.

Vibranium

Banned
I don't care if the Switch sells awful, I'm getting one. As long as Japanese third parties stay on board everything will be fine with me. It should be a great thing to pair with my PC.

I don't care if the Switch sells awful, I'm getting one. As long as Japanese third parties stay on board everything will be fine with me. It should be a great thing to pair with my PC.

If it has anything close to the first party software that the Wii U did I'll be happy with it. Several of my favorite games from the last few years have been Nintendo published Wii U games.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Ya'll motherfuckers tripping ovet yourselves to make Nintendo Switch threads but none of you have the intuition to see the best feature:

The return of the split controller.

Doesn't really look very portable though does it?

depends on your definition of portable. it fits perfectly well in one's backpack, suitcase or whatever.

handhelds haven't been "gameboy-ish" portable in a long time. for example, 3ds xl doesn't fit in anyone's pockets unless they're wearing ultra baggy jeans

Nabs

The IndieBox/Gamestop deal is a lot nicer than I expected.

Steelbook-spread-3-1024x374.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom