• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

So by that I assume, they announced all 3 plattforms at the same time? Oh man.

I don't really want to play RDR2 on a console.

It wasn't announced when GTA V was initially revealed for the previous generation of consoles. The PC version was announced along with the current generation versions.

So by that I assume, they announced all 3 plattforms at the same time? Oh man.

I don't really want to play RDR2 on a console.

The thing is the PC version of GTA V was being worked on when the PS3 and XBOX 360 versions were announced and it was never revealed around that time and it just so happened that the PS4 AND Xbox one were starting out right round the time they would have announced the PC version anyway.

The IndieBox/Gamestop deal is a lot nicer than I expected.

Steelbook-spread-3-1024x374.png

US only. Darn. I'd definitely buy that Stories: The Path of Destinies steelbook. Loved that game.

It wasn't announced when GTA V was initially revealed for the previous generation of consoles. The PC version was announced along with the current generation versions.

You'd think the press would do its job... :")
As for me, I decided to skip on GTAV until they announce RDR2.

Ascheroth

I'm just glad that I'm not interested in R* games to begin with. 1 less publisher to be annoyed at for backwards-ass release policies.
Regardless, y'all should be hyped for this instead.

Nillansan

I am not in the slightest worried about Red Dead Redemption 2, it will be released on PC at some point. What I am worried about is the fabled Red Dead Redemption Re-master. It's being released as a backwards compatible title on current generation consoles, which to me sounds like a Re-mastered version is highly unlikely.

Jawmuncher

I am not in the slightest worried about Red Dead Redemption 2, it will be released on PC at some point. What I am worried about is the fabled Red Dead Redemption Re-master. It's being released as a backwards compatible title on current generation consoles, which to me sounds like a Re-mastered version is highly unlikely.

I personally never believed in RDR getting remastered.

Yeah with the xbox one having backwards capability and PS4 having a PS Now version coming to their service, I think the remaster thing mostly dead and buried at this point.

fantomena

Ive always said RDR won't ever have a remastered version due to it's messy development rollercoaster. I would love to be wrong, I really really want to play it on PC, but I sadly don't think I will.

Ya'll motherfuckers tripping ovet yourselves to make Nintendo Switch threads but none of you have the intuition to see the best feature:

The return of the split controller.

I split a pair of khakis the other day that I often wear to work. Right when I bent over to tie my shoes. Split. Not even on a seam. Just a sharp tear near where my left butt cheek would normally sit.

I can give countless other examples but do you really need them to know I'm clairvoyant?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Getting pretty real in Thumper around level 9-17/18 ....

Why are people even thinking of playing a Civ game before at least the second expansion?
Didn't they learn anything from Civ4, Civ5 and Civ:BE?

2nd expansion will make the game good. Believe!

Pretty shit argument.

Civ V was a dramatic rework of the combat system and was missing a lot of systems that gradually got added with Gods & Kings and Brave New World. Civ VI isn't going to be missing any of the core features of Civ V, while reworking some pretty core aspects of the gameplay (dramatically changing how cities and workers function for example) and it's being worked on by the core team that made Brave New World. Beyond Earth and Rising Tide are the product of two new designers and a dramatic change of setting not grounded in reality/history, both show all of the teething problems you would expect. It has some good ideas, some bad ones and a lot of balance issues, which may or may not get resolved with an expansion pack, which may or may not happen.

I'm all for bagging on Firaxis for their missteps, but at least do it correctly. I don't get how anyone could feel burned by Civ V after Brave New World. I do get being cynical/skeptical of another Beyond Earth expansion but even only half-paying attention to Civ VI pre-release info, it's not going to have the same problems as Civ V or Beyond Earth. Whatever issues it may have will take players banging on the base game for a few hundred hours each to suss out but so far it's looking like a pretty stellar new entry in the series, picking up where BNW left off.

0opZnSV.png

Alrighty. Beat Hell & Yama 9 times, Olmec even more. Think it's time to put Spelunky on the shelf, now that I've proven myself it was not a fluke. It's given me great pleasure for dozens upon dozens of hours. Doing casual Hell runs has slowly lost its appeal though.
A great rogue-like with tons of replay value, secrets and many goals. Heartily recommend it to everyone. Has a somewhat steep learning curve but the more you invest, the more the game gives back. Dying can be frustrating, disappointing or simply funny. Every now and then after bad runs one can loose his cool and botch up subsequent runs by the second, so it's better to give it a pause. Brute-forcing was not a good tactic for me.
Ingeniously well done level generation which almost always makes the game beatable but often will success be directly connected to early loot crates. Not as often as your frequent stupid faults though. Jetpack-Shotgun combo is the supreme and most satisfying way to go but many times you'll have to do without them.
Mechanics are at the focal point and beating the game neither the easy or hard way will be possible without mastering them. Once you get the feel of movement, level patterns and the right enemy tactics though, things will become much more manageable.
The perfect game for short gaming sessions. Deceptively cute looking, deep and varied platformer. Give it a try.

Farewell Spelunker. May your journeys be filled with gold.

Kaleinc

Banned
Pretty shit argument.

Civ V was a dramatic rework of the combat system and was missing a lot of systems that gradually got added with Gods & Kings and Brave New World. Civ VI isn't going to be missing any of the core features of Civ V, while reworking some pretty core aspects of the gameplay (dramatically changing how cities and workers function for example) and it's being worked on by the core team that made Brave New World. Beyond Earth and Rising Tide are the product of two new designers and a dramatic change of setting not grounded in reality/history, both show all of the teething problems you would expect. It has some good ideas, some bad ones and a lot of balance issues, which may or may not get resolved with an expansion pack, which may or may not happen.

I'm all for bagging on Firaxis for their missteps, but at least do it correctly. I don't get how anyone could feel burned by Civ V after Brave New World. I do get being cynical/skeptical of another Beyond Earth expansion but even only half-paying attention to Civ VI pre-release info, it's not going to have the same problems as Civ V or Beyond Earth. Whatever issues it may have will take players banging on the base game for a few hundred hours each to suss out but so far it's looking like a pretty stellar new entry in the series, picking up where BNW left off.
As if Aliens colonial marines never happened.

mp1990

Banned
0opZnSV.png

Alrighty. Beat Hell & Yama 9 times, Olmec even more. Think it's time to put Spelunky on the shelf, now that I've proven myself it was not a fluke It's given me a great pleasure for dozens upon dozens of hours. Doing casual Hell runs has lost its appeal.
A great rogue-like with tons of replay value, secrets and many goals. Heartily recommend it to everyone. Has a somewhat steep learning curve but the more you invest, the more the game gives back. Dying can be frustrating, disappointing or simply funny. Every now and then after bad runs one can loose his cool and botch up subsequent runs by the second, so it's better to give it a pause. Brute-forcing was not a good tactic for me.
Ingeniously well done level generation which almost always makes the game beatable but often will success be directly connected to early loot crates. Not as often as your frequent stupid faults though. Jetpack-Shotgun combo is the supreme and most satisfying way to go but many times you'll have to do without them.
Mechanics are at the focal point and beating the game neither the easy or hard way will be possible without mastering them. Once you get the feel of movement, level patterns and the right enemy tactics though, things will become much more manageable.
The perfect game for short gaming sessions. Deceptively cute looking, deep and varied platformer. Give it a try.

Just 14 hours left for the 200 mark, you can do it!!!!!

sakura nova is out

it's supposed to be bigger (more cgs and longer story) than other sakura titles so i guess that's why it's priced at $15 instead of the standard 10

As if Aliens colonial marines never happened.

What does a Gearbox developed FPS have to do with a Firaxis 4x strategy game? They're both science fiction? I'm assuming you're talking about Beyond Earth. I don't even understand the point you're trying to make. That Firaxis would pull a bait and switch like Gearbox and demo a vertical slice build they'd pass off as the final product made by a sub-contracted developer that was ultimately a different game?

Everyone should wait for the second expansion just because you'll save money that way.

Why stop there, just wait five years and buy the complete edition.

Grief.exe

The IndieBox/Gamestop deal is a lot nicer than I expected.

Steelbook-spread-3-1024x374.png

That's sick.

I personally never believed in RDR getting remastered.

To a degree, it corroborates the rumors about the messy code preventing an initial PC port if there is no remaster.

The last few quarterly reports for 2K have seen Red Dead listed as a core IP. In this market, a publisher isn't going to ignore the high margins and brand growth from a remaster.

ArjanN

Low Scorer is a thoughy though, not to say that Fresh Veggie isn't capable of pulling it off.

Yeah low scorer was the only achievement in it that I kind of disliked, it feels like playing that way runs counter to the design of the game.

If you've beaten Yama a bunch of times, you can definitely do it though, it's just kind of annoying as you'll, say, accidentially run into some gold that was obscured by something in the foreground and be boned.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Nice to be able to use GAF again. I missed it.

0opZnSV.png

Alrighty. Beat Hell & Yama 9 times, Olmec even more. Think it's time to put Spelunky on the shelf, now that I've proven myself it was not a fluke. It's given me great pleasure for dozens upon dozens of hours. Doing casual Hell runs has slowly lost its appeal though.
-snip-

Meanwhile I got to Hell for the second time ever today. Died instantly, again.

Jawmuncher

0opZnSV.png

Didn't even get all of the achievements.

L.O.R.D

Yessss,gal gun's dlc "pheromone gun" is $60 on my country steam store,less then $30 from regular US store.

i can't believe someone will buy it anyway,some people in steam forum are raging about the price and want to boycott the devs because of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom