• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
How many big devs/publishers these days work on smaller titles? You think that EA published game like that Fe will be that important title for Switch?

That's the Nintendo dilemma, right?

How many third titles were successful on Wii, or Wii U? Nintendo has a legacy, and their first party games sell systems and their games.
The trailer is a departure from their family friendly stuff, so I do wonder what deals they are trying to make.

Arthea

The Degica WE sale has, among other gems, Crimzon Clover at €2.

Everyone who has ever had even the slightest passing interest in shmups should pick that up at this point.

I concur, and will repeat once again, it's very newbie friendly too, not to mention great.

edited: what's Shuffle?
serious question

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Does Crimzon Clover have an easy/novice/mode that makes it less bullet hell-y and more traditional shmup?

it has an "easy" mode which is really doable...
but it is still a bullet hell of course, just with less bullets

but really, the game is amazing and a great deal at 2€... its so much fun even if you are not that good a bullet hell games... like me :p

edit: here is a super old video I made where I play the Novice mode to give you an idea

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvpFyS5ei-8

Tizoc

it has a "easy" mode which is really doable...
but it is still a bullet hell of course, just with less bullets :p

but really, the game is amazing and a great deal at 2€... its so much fun even if you are not that good a bullet hell games...

Well DoDonPachi on easy was still bullet hell-y and I didn't enojy it as much as the other 2 Degica games :p
...but for $2 I guess I'll try it out.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Well DoDonPachi on easy was still bullet hell-y and I didn't enojy it as much as the other 2 Degica games :p
...but for $2 I guess I'll try it out.

Personally I think this game is way better than DDP Resurrection...
it's just so super satisfying to play

data

Crimzon Clover is really awesome, bought it a year ago and have put 22 hrs in it. It's really satisfying as you get further and further into a run and then can reach the end boss without losing a life.

Tizoc

If someone wants to play an on rails shooter, check out the Rambo game.
From what little I played the gameplay was pretty good.

jediyoshi

I don't understand how so many games can get borderless fullscreen wrong where the game is pushed off center by the taskbar rather than overlapping it.

dex3108

My cheap HDMI Switch arrived and so far everything works just fine XD

CvSZzcbWgAAfY1r.jpg:large

It looks ok I guess but to me it is not small enough to be true portable. Also in the era of PS4Pro and Scorpio I really can't see too many 3rd party devs pushimg for Switch. That would mean that they need to develop games for 7 platforms (PS4+Pro mode, X1+Scorpio mode, Switch portable and docked mode and tons of PC configurations). No matter how it is easy to port games on Switch if money is not there devs won't bother.

I don't think there's a docked/portable mode. The dock is literally just for charging and TV out, it doesn't affect the game at all afaik. All the hardware is in the portable.

Honestly, I like the concept. I don't play my portables on the street, but the usefulness of portability even when at home is very understated.

dex3108

I don't think there's a docked/portable mode. The dock is literally just for charging and TV out, it doesn't affect the game at all afaik. All the hardware is in the portable.

Honestly, I like the concept. I don't play my portables on the street, but the usefulness of portability even when at home is very understated.

Then all games will run at 720p. For sure there is docked mode where tablet uses full hardware potential while in portable mode limits hardware usage for better battery life.

I'd say portable mode turns off a core or under clocks the processor or something, to improve battery life and then when it is docked it will use full power mode so it can target the larger screen resolution.

Then all games will run at 720p. For sure there is docked mode where tablet uses full hardware potential while in portable mode limits hardware usage for better battery life.

Well, I guess they might limit it to save battery life, yeah.
I was just assuming the dock would upscale the res but that doesn't make sense.
Would it be as seamless as they made it appear in the video though?
I guess time will tell.

Nzyme32

Wow - most clutch CPU Cooler install ever!

Just replaced the Noctua NH-L9i (super low profile 35mm, idle temp at 50, peaking at 85 in gameplay due to OC), with the Noctua L9X65 (low profile 65mm). Case clearance is 58mm max, but I juuuuuust fits so snug - and thanks to the RVZ02 case being practically open / passive venting is all over, air flow is good.

Current temps are now idle 35. Not measured the peak yet though.

Civ VI will be a good test.

Speaking of Civ V - 92000 concurrent and it both hasn't reached peak time yet, and hasn't reached peak time for the week. Could be quite interesting

Corpekata

Banned
Did they tweak weight / some items and how much they weigh in DS3? Came to check on the DLC and I'm fat rolling, don't recall logging off with that being an issue, but it has been a while since I've played.

Accoun

Looks like Dusk might be actually pretty good gameplay-wise. Both Gggmanlives and Jim Sterling had good things to say about it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How do you access it? I've got the Season Pass and it didn't seem to be open for me, but maybe I was at the wrong place?
Cleansing Bonfire?

Scamco didn't make a review-specific sub and instead gave reviewers beta testing keys, so he's actually had the DLC for some time but couldn't access it until now.

There seems to be a rather big pricing error:

KbnLawD.png

Unfortunately i always get an HTTP 500 when trying to add it to my cart. :(

Neither actually include the game at the moment. The bundles need to be updated with Civ6's post-release subs, at which point the prices will increase accordingly.

Nzyme32

I'm surprised Civ VI has only 89% Steam user review rating.

These are people reviewing far soon than it is possible to make a reasonable opinion (other than broken games if there are any users having issues). Some people are complaining about changes, yet not playing enough to even understand why it was changed or the mechanics involved.

I'd wait for the 30hrs+ folk to start talking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom