• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

These are people reviewing far soon than it is possible to make a reasonable opinion (other than broken games if there are any users having issues). Some people are complaining about changes, yet not playing enough to even understand why it was changed or the mechanics involved.

I'd wait for the 30hrs+ folk to start talking

The question I’ve been trying to answer, as I spent a final few hours with Civilization VI [official site] before writing this review, is simple: is it the best game in the series, or the best game in the series bar Civ IV? After more than a hundred hours of play, I still can’t say for sure
Wot I Think: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of shockdude, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (shockdude, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Midnight Club II -- MB-EB477621C382F210 - Taken by laserlaser. 26 entrants total.
Midnight Club II #3 -- MB-F690A92A5DEF2E59 - Taken by chronomac. 31 entrants total.
Midnight Club II #2 -- MB-B599C43E231500C2 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 32 entrants total.

t1477103448z1.png

Anno

Atrocious art-style did not help maybe.

I actually feel like a lot of people have come around on their initial criticisms of the art style once they watch or play it. Most of the initial bad reviews I've seen are people having a weird glitch starting the game that makes them download some update from Microsoft and others getting wrecked by barbs because they try to build four cities before a second military unit like you could semi-reliably do in 5.

Grief.exe

These are people reviewing far soon than it is possible to make a reasonable opinion (other than broken games if there are any users having issues). Some people are complaining about changes, yet not playing enough to even understand why it was changed or the mechanics involved.

I'd wait for the 30hrs+ folk to start talking

That makes sense. Those short-sighted people are generally quick to react. The review aggregate will likely tick up as more rational people begin posting their opinions.

I was just making sure there isn't some technical issue causing issues.

Jawmuncher

I can see why Evolve didn't catch on. Even forgetting all the DLC shenanigans. The gameplay loop just isn't there. Search for monster, fight monster, monster runs always, rinse and repeat.

The concept is still interesting, but they weren't able to nail it down. I think it's a case of just having way too many variables to think about. Part of why these Asymetical games are catching on now is that their base is simple. The enemy is strong your group is not. You're not really worrying about a multitude of other factors.

Nice to see it has a bot mode though. Any MP centric game needs that imo.

yuraya

I remember old days of PS2 and playing Midnight Club 2. There was one race I replayed over and over again for some reason. Game was pretty good and had an epic soundtrack.

Aaron D.

I actually feel like a lot of people have come around on their initial criticisms of the art style once they watch or play it.

This is me 100%.

I HATED the initial screen rollout when the game was revealed.

But when gameplay vids started surfacing, I completely changed my tune.

I think it looks ace now.

Uzzy

Reviewing a strategy game before you've put fifty hours into it is an exercise in futility. Unless there's obvious issues that show up instantly, you need to put a ton of time into those games to discover if the mechanics hold up and the game is properly balanced.

fantomena

I actually feel like a lot of people have come around on their initial criticisms of the art style once they watch or play it.

That is so damn me. I heavily disliked the graphic style, every picture and even gameplay videos made me dislike it. However now that I have been playing it for myself I really like it, maybe more than Vs graphic style. It's very clean and nice.

Monooboe

I think it should count as bullying, you guys talking about CIv6 and I haven't gotten mine...

Seriously though, I am happy for you guys. Man it seems so damn good. I even tried buying that bugged Civ6+steamcontroller bundle several times, just in case.XD

Bought Tyranny because it's 30 dollars in my region, praise based Paradox.

Pretty much every AAA publisher price their games like we are Americans, yet we still have trade and gift restrictions.

MadGear

Oh Resident Evil Revelations. Why did they put such "great" effort into making Quint and Keith into these very obnoxious characters and then make you play them. I don't want to play as them, even if it's just briefly. That's like having to shake someones hand after he touched himself.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Or just know better than to freak the fuck out at the first screenshot of a game.

Or don't have a kneejerk reaction to colorful graphics assuming it's been mobile-ized.

Or you're all just smarter and better than the rest.

let's go with that one!

exactly

haven't got the new civ yet, backlog too big so I'll wait

i hear ya, but i couldn't help myself. this is the genre i have been most looking forward to playing upon building my PC.

not when they keep buying Liefeld, Land and Dillon books they dont

: (

Uzzy

Civ 6's art style is functional at best. It's clear, sure, and you can easily tell what's what on the map, which is a very good thing, but it's just a bit too cartoony, with exaggerated features, for my tastes. The big bug eyes on a bunch of characters is pretty off-putting too.

It's no Endless Legend in the looks category, that's for sure.

Shoulda thought of a burn that doesn't also work for Nintendo then *_*

Something something PC/Nintendo roolz. OK I'm back in the cool club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom