• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fallout Weekend Deal
Still too much to get F4 for me.

11.99 for FO3 :lol

I remember in the good ol days with dailies when it was $3.75 for the regular game and $4.99 for GOTY editions. Thankfully other sites picked up the slack where Valve/publishers got greedy.

Is there any way GabeN can bribe Nintendo into only giving Monster Hunter console exclusivity?

it's not like anyone outside Japan plays MH anyways, so PC's are a non-factor

Just give up brother. I know you're fighting the good fight but it seems Capcom is hell bent on keeping the series on shitty hardware. It wouldn't hurt so bad if they didn't port every other terrible game they own to PC.

bbd23

when does the actual halloween sale start? tomorrow or thursday? I was checking out the battlerite page and its already listed as part of the halloween sale.

Anteater

raaayne
br2_2016_10_24_20_42_2bzt2.jpg
br2_2016_10_24_20_52_25b8p.jpg
br2_2016_10_24_21_03_pezc9.jpg

br2_2016_10_24_23_10_e0ykb.jpg
br2_2016_10_24_23_26_9ka27.jpg

QrIXIpL.jpg

rtcn63

Microsoft and Sony are just producing locked-down PCs at this point, Nintendo on the other hand are at least trying something interesting.

Is it really though? At best, it's an evolution of the Wii U design- the capability to use your "gamepad" anywhere you'd like. But it's still neither a performance-focused home console or a truly portable gaming device. I'd actually be more interested if the mobile part was similar in size to the 3DS XL or PSP. That way I could stick it in my jacket pocket when I'm going out, utilizing it whenever I have the time and need to play. Kind of like a smartphone. A device with a 7" inch screen + controller on the other hand is something I'd have to prep to carry outside, and isn't at all pocket friendly.

rtcn63

Four-hour Titanfall 2 campaign according to Gamespot. Hah. And the robot's voice reminds me of Christopher Judge (Teal'c).

Li Kao

Insomnia gave me some free time yesterday and I... I think I have the desire to play games again. Between Witcher 3 bloat and Watch Dogs 1 general shittiness I had to take a break.
Just discovered Faeria and this blend of TCG and Tabletop game had me totally fascinated. I fear the honeymoon will be short if some of the Steam reviews are to be believed, but I had a blast with it.
Oh and I launched Smash Up. Early access. The game takes a screenshot every 2 seconds. Quitted. It's EA but still...

And I'm considering buying Civ VI and abandoning all social life again.

Backlogger

Fallout Weekend Deal
Still too much to get F4 for me.

I have the classic collection on GOG but wouldn't mind double dipping on Steam for the game count. Never seems to go under $10 bucks though... (not since 11/29/2014 anyway)

Also it bugs me that it shows I don't own Fallout 3 even though I have the GOTY edition. I may have to pick up that +1 at some point as well....

Microsoft and Sony are just producing locked-down PCs at this point, Nintendo on the other hand are at least trying something interesting.
There's nothing wrong with traditional console gaming Sony & MS are going for but like I said previously, you can make fun of Nintendo but never can say they don't try to innovate. I for one find the Switch to be interesting. Sure, it won't deliver as advanced visuals as PS/Xbox but let's be honest. It's been two whole console generations now where Nintendo has clearly opted out of the tech arms race and I haven't thought once "Man, there are no quality games on Nintendo platforms because of its lack of power".
If you think even more about it, the Switch is looking to be the console most focused on traditional gaming since the Gamecube. No dual-screen gimmick, no motion control gimmick. Just traditional control input (for the most part). Merging handheld and home console I can't really call a gimmick at all. It's even logical since Nintendo can easily get away with "lower" fidelity.
It was 15€ (incl. shipping) a few weeks ago on amazon.co.uk
That's good actually. But I feel like I'll splurge once GOTY edition comes out or price mistake during sale ;)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
edit: omg so many terrible horror movies added to Steam today

Is it really though? At best, it's an evolution of the Wii U design- the capability to use your "gamepad" anywhere you'd like. But it's still neither a performance-focused home console or a truly portable gaming device. I'd actually be more interested if the mobile part was similar in size to the 3DS XL or PSP. That way I could stick it in my jacket pocket when I'm going out, utilizing it whenever I have the time and need to play. Kind of like a smartphone. A device with a 7" inch screen + controller on the other hand is something I'd have to prep to carry outside, and isn't at all pocket friendly.

Something that is interesting to me is that the Wii U was a smart solution to a very difficult problem (zero-latency video streaming over local wireless communications) that no one else before or since has solved effectively. And the Switch basically throws that out in favour of a much more conventional tech arrangement, but even from the reveal video seems to be a more appealing product for the same use cases as the Wii U and no more expensive to produce.

Saty

Watch Dogs 2 parodies Trump, Martin Shkreli, Kinect

Perhaps the best moment in Watch Dogs' opening hours comes when main character Marcus Holloway is driving a version of the car from Knight Rider, which attempts to identify him via his facial records. The AI car tells him it is too dark to see his face - a cheeky nod to how Kinect initially couldn't see players with darker skin tones.

The video below, put together from footage we captured while playing, also points out knowing nods to Facebook, Dungeons and Dragons and Ubisoft itself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMGX2MuYe8I

Wait, you mean to tell me you don't have a jumbo-sized hunter orange fanny pack with hidden in-belt stash pocket near the adjustable loops?

Nillansan

I see what you mean, but as I spend all my gaming time on my PC, the Nintendo Switch seems to offer something that is slightly different. Combine that with Nintendo's proven track record of releasing great first party games and you've caught my attention. The best console that I've owned is the Nintendo DSi, the PS3 didn't do much for me and it's basically collecting dust now.

A locked down tablet with HDMI out?

Harsh.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
10 spots behind Ozium on Thumper Level 1 global ranking!

Wok

Some games get discounted pretty fast. In Fear I Trust was released a month ago and is 50% off on Humble Store.

Funnily, the game is less discounted on the Steam store, and is included in two Steam bundles which are not priced equally but should contain the same stuff.

Unrelated but the trailer for episode 3 of TellTale Batman is out.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
cant say no to Sudeki for 1€, been wanting it for ages and its always only 50% on steam (im sure I missed it in some bundle tho)

this is on Bundlestars btw, in a pick and choose bundle (1, 3 or 7 keys). the games are actually quite good, but you probably already own most of them

WhiteWolf

How is the Darksiders 2 deathinitive edition on Steam? I heard it was pretty broken, but the whole series is on sale at Greenmangaming and I was thinking about buying it.

Pixieking

Banned
How is the Darksiders 2 deathinitive edition on Steam? I heard it was pretty broken, but the whole series is on sale at Greenmangaming and I was thinking about buying it.

I beat it at around 25 hours with probably 10 crashes. It's annoying for sure and definitely should have been fixed. Game itself should have been fixed too, there's like 10 hours that could definitely have been cut out. It's still pretty fun because the combat is miles better than Darksiders 1.

Nillansan

There's nothing wrong with traditional console gaming Sony & MS are going for

I am not knocking Sony or Microsoft for their approach, but as a PC Gamer I feel like I have very little incentive to buy into their products.

Like I said previously, you can make fun of Nintendo but never can say they don't try to innovate. I for one find the Switch to be interesting. Sure, it won't deliver as advanced visuals as PS/Xbox but let's be honest. It's been two whole console generations now where Nintendo has clearly opted out of the tech arms race and I haven't thought once "Man, there are no quality games on Nintendo platforms because of its lack of power".
If you think even more about it, the Switch is looking to be the console most focused on traditional gaming since the Gamecube. No dual-screen gimmick, no motion control gimmick. Just traditional control input (for the most part). Merging handheld and home console I can't really call a gimmick at all. It's even logical since Nintendo can easily get away with "lower" fidelity.

That's exactly my take on the matter.

WhiteWolf

I beat it at around 25 hours with probably 10 crashes. It's annoying for sure and definitely should have been fixed. Game itself should have been fixed too, there's like 10 hours that could definitely have been cut out. It's still pretty fun because the combat is miles better than Darksiders 1.
Oh that sucks, might skip out on it then.

Interesting, looks like they raised the price on Dishonored 2 by ~$4. I guess that's to stop people (like me) that we're waiting to stack that 10% off voucher. It's still marginally cheaper to buy it now with the voucher (works out to $45, if the voucher still works).

This sale made me realize that there's really nothing else coming out for the rest of the year that I'm super excited for (pre-purchaseable via GMG, at least). I was planning on getting some pre-purchases with that extra 10% off, but there's really nothing to get.

Are there even any notable PC/Steam games coming out between now and the end of December?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom