• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoshizzle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Merchants of Kaidan -- MB-C578BF57DBA3431B - Taken by voodooray

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is it still possible to buy Origin titles on the cheap via VPN?

Yeah, but the region-specific pricing on EA's own games is rather poor these days; you're still going to be paying north of $40 for a new release.

Some of these ninty switch threads are ridiculous

Not as bad as the thousand threads of a PS4 exclusive game we get when its released like:

"I cried playing UC4."
"UC4 is so pretty"
"UC4 MP thread"
"UC4 show off your character thread"
"UC4 help thread"
"UC4 best story ever thread"

or after PS4 Pro announcement all those 4k/HDR threads, TV recommendations, 4k disappointment threads etc.

Thats why I am not sure why Modbot (Stump?) is closing all those threads.

derFeef

Yeah, but the region-specific pricing on EA's own games is rather poor these days; you're still going to be paying north of $40 for a new release.

Hm okay. Then I will wait for a sale on BF1. Really strange that the physical is 12€ less than the Origin Code alone on Amazon.

Wonder if the Nintendo would allow a Steam streaming app on the Switch? Probably not but is seems like it would be easy to do considering the hardware its based on.

Yup
Also gmg starts their halloween sale today iirc

I wonder if anything good will get a sale or will it be the leagues of youtube low quality jump scare bait?

Y'all ready for the humble bumble tomorrow?

il_340x270.717506160_7mq1.jpg

Jawmuncher

Wait is manhunt 2 even available on steam o_O
And how bad is manhunt pc compared to bully on pc?

No you have to buy it from other stores. The game is the weirdest thing. Since it's not even that bad, hell it's not even that good. The controversy around it to make it AO I still don't understand.

Tizoc

No you have to buy it from other stores. The game is the weirdest thing. Since it's not even that bad, hell it's not even that good. The controversy around it to make it AO I still don't understand.
What about the manhunt digital bundle sold on amazon?

Rumor has it it starts on the 28th this year.

The Killing Floor 2 devs posted this on the KF2 store page
Get ready for a bloody good time this Halloween with monster-sized discounts for both KILLING FLOOR and KILLING FLOOR 2! The Steam Halloween Sale promotion will begin starting on October 29th at 10AM PDT through November 2nd at 10AM PDT.

SALE DETAILS
- The original KILLING FLOOR and all its associated DLC will be on sale for 75% off!
- KILLING FLOOR 2 will be on sale for 33% off!

Could be they got the date wrong or they're starting their sale a day late (which seems unlikely).

EDIT - or they haven't updated their store page since last year?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wait is manhunt 2 even available on steam o_O
And how bad is manhunt pc compared to bully on pc?

Valve originally refused to carry AO titles. That's no longer the case, but R* doesn't seem interested in uploading the game to Steam.

Tizoc

Not as bad as the thousand threads of a PS4 exclusive game we get when its released like:

"I cried playing UC4."
"UC4 is so pretty"
"UC4 MP thread"
"UC4 show off your character thread"
"UC4 help thread"
"UC4 best story ever thread"

or after PS4 Pro announcement all those 4k/HDR threads, TV recommendations, 4k disappointment threads etc.

Thats why I am not sure why Modbot (Stump?) is closing all those threads.

I think the mods cracking down on Switch threads was in response to the PS4 Pro threads.

MUnited83

For you.
Cards don't drop until the game has publicly released. This has been the case for around two years now. Valve caught on to devs and other people with release state override subs selling cards on the market prior to release, hoping to bait "badgers" (my affectionate term for badge collectors) into buying the cards at a high/er price.

Actually, one of the Neptunia games released this year did this. I believe it was Neptunia U and it allowed me to get al the drops before it released.

Wok

Cards don't drop until the game has publicly released. This has been the case for around two years now. Valve caught on to devs and other people with release state override subs selling cards on the market prior to release, hoping to bait "badgers" (my affectionate term for badge collectors) into buying the cards at a high/er price.

Cards drop for Slayaway Camp (beta).

yuraya

The Switch will fly off the shelves because of Skyrim.

Todd Howard and Bethesda will save the Switch.

Let that be known to all Nintendo fans.

Tizoc

The Switch will fly off the shelves because of Skyrim.

Todd Howard and Bethesda will save the Switch.

Let that be known to all Nintendo fans.

...but what if PS4 and X1 owners already have Skyrim and don't feel like they need to play it on the go? I mean they'd need to buy another copy for one thing.

...and can we be sure that Skyrim will run better on the Switch?

How the hell is the Switch going to fit in people's TV stands? Nintendo should've given the option of making the base side-loading.

and it better use USB type c for charging, no more propriety bullcrap

...but what if PS4 and X1 owners already have Skyrim and don't feel like they need to play it on the go? I mean they'd need to buy another copy for one thing.

Think of it as Skyrim being introduced to nintendo only gamers. If such a thing exists.

Tizoc

I see that not only has Jim jumped on the Switch train but also got inspired by my thread on the Wii U trailer :V

Think of it as Skyrim being introduced to nintendo only gamers. If such a thing exists.

I'd be quite impressed if it manages to sell over a million copies :V

yuraya

Don't know how it will run but it looked pretty good in that trailer. The TV version looked like a solid 900p. Handheld is 720p. I think the experience will be a big leap from anything Nintendo fans had with the WiiU or the 3DS in terms of 3rd party.

FROM was also on the list of partners for the Switch. Dark Souls 1 or 3 ain't happening but I think they could put SOTFS on there which would be big as well.

Is there any way GabeN can bribe Nintendo into only giving Monster Hunter console exclusivity?

it's not like anyone outside Japan plays MH anyways, so PC's are a non-factor

Ludens

Banned
Well, I completed Dex. As I wrote, I really liked it. The atmosphere is good, the story too even if a bit clichè, but the core gameplay is simple and great. Really suggested if you like Deus Ex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom