• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

what are good games you are hoping will be on sale for all hallow's eve?

I'm personally hoping for Layers of Fear w/ the dlc

I will also be cross checking each game with the gmg sale lol

Some of the scary stuff I will be looking out for

SOMA
Dead Rising 3
RE6
Dying Light
Evil Within

The deals will prolly be shit tho. I don't really remember how good Halloween sales usually are.

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/456760

"A dragon girl looks up at the endless sky" is English translated version on Steam which is based on 「空を仰ぎて雲たかくPortable」released in 2013 as a console game for PlayStation(R) Portable.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Some of the scary stuff I will be looking out for

SOMA
Dead Rising 3
RE6
Dying Light
Evil Within

The deals will prolly be shit tho. I don't really remember how good Halloween sales usually are.

Halloween sales are really good if you're interested in smaller horror games, usually horror games go on deeper discount during the Halloween Sale than the Holiday/Summer sales due to holiday spirit. That's up to the developers/publishers of course, but many do.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Hooray, one of my favourite Adventure games and my favourite Douglass Adams story.

Oh man, I remember giving up on this and resorting to a walkthrough, simply because the text parser inundated me with what was and wasn't possible. Loved the environments though, the art has a certain uniqueness to it.

JarrodL

Got this in my mailbox, nice surprise.

"You've played The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with GOG Galaxy. You also took the time to play a ton of GWENT during your quest. And that's just awesome.

Now, we want to say thanks by inviting you to be one of the very first to play GWENT: The Witcher Card Game in the Closed Beta. The game is already in your GOG.com library, so you can get started right away."

Magic Duels: Origins is sucking up all my time though, it's pretty damn good and I don't know if I have space for another card game in my life right now.

Jawmuncher

Talking about Yandere Sim in the Steam thread is completely OK now since Yandere-chan is on Steam.

What game is this?
Is this the same game I saw on twitter with dialog of

All my dialog was written by a guy, but a girl drew me so it's alright?

AHA-Lambda

Am I able to safely buy games from the Steam store during the Halloween sale if I'm in another country from my home one (different currencies obv)?

I'm on holiday just now during the sale :/

Dusk Golem

Am I able to safely buy games from the Steam store during the Halloween sale if I'm in another country from my home one (different currencies obv)?

I'm on holiday just now during the sale :/

You are safe. I was visiting Mexico recently and after confirming my identity and all through email and mobile authentication, I was able to buy games off of Steam just fine. Given they were still in my US pricepoint rather than Pesos or something.

Kudo

Couldn't help it and pre-ordered Space Hulk for that mace, Steam lets you refund no questions asked for first 2 hours right if it ends up being shit? I hope it's good, everything so far looks good so I'm optimistic.

Dusk Golem

Couldn't help it and pre-ordered Space Hulk for that mace, Steam lets you refund no questions asked for first 2 hours right if it ends up being shit? I hope it's good, everything so far looks good so I'm optimistic.

Yup, you can refund if less than 2-hours... Not no questions asked, they'll ask for data collecting purposes, but they'll refund you if you choose and have played for less than 2 hours (and if the purchase was within the last month or so, WITH the exception of pre-orders, which is then within release).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
FINAL FANTASY® XII THE ZODIAC AGE for $24.99

Probably price mistake

PS4 only

Shipping kills it.

($7.99 for 10-day shipping, $20.99 for 2 day shipping, $31.99 for overnight)

Meanwhile my Amazon pre-order is in for $39.99 for release day delivery. So I could save $7 if I don't mind it showing up two weeks after release. Still a good deal, but I'll pass.

I say keep going. Most people hate DS2 just because it isn't DS1. Don't be one of thems.

No, most people hate DS2 because of horrible mechanics like Adaptability and soul memory, along with the worst bosses and hitboxes of the series. Or you could just be ignorant and think that everyone hates it because it's not DS1 rofl

Ludens

Banned
I think I did a mistake, I purchased GTAV because, after I do KQ ep.5 and the last Hitman episode, I have really nothing to play until the end of November when FFXV is out.
But since the download of GTAV is so big and I'm never home, I will take probably a week to download it. I did the story mode on PS3 thanks to a friend, I want to try online portion of the game since people say it's very good, but it really is?
I mean, it's worth spending 35€ just for that? Is pay2win or similar?

derFeef

ModBot said:
Does not work in AU!

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number -- MB-B48EBF9BD2AC127E - Taken by Catshade. 3 entrants total.

t1477579232z1.png

zombieshavebrains

I have not used cocaine
No, most people hate DS2 because of horrible mechanics like Adaptability and soul memory, along with the worst bosses and hitboxes of the series. Or you could just be ignorant and think that everyone hates it because it's not DS1 rofl

Case in point haha.

Just put some points into adaptability, enjoy the Majula music, pick your build, and form your own opinion. It's a pretty good game.

Hektor

You know Disney you'd be making A LOT OF EXTRA MONEY IF YOU'D PUT THOSE PS4 KH GAMES ON STEAM AS WELL.

I bought the games when they initially released on their console and handhelds platforms.
I bought them again when they were remastered for PS3.
I will buy them again when they're releasing on PS4.

AND I WILL STILL BE UP FOR A PC PORT SQUARE ENIX JUST DO IT ALREADY

Case in point haha.

Just put some points into adaptability, enjoy the Majula music, pick your build, and form your own opinion. It's a pretty good game.

It's a very good game. It's just the worst Souls game by far. I don't know why people try to downplay the glaring issues of DS2 all of a sudden. You can put all the points you want into ADP, the roll will never be as good as in Demons/Dark/Dark3/Bloodborne. That's a huge issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom