• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Give Steam a moment to update, my thread for it will probably be up in an hour or two and I ask to please not make a Halloween Sale topic as I've been putting a lot of effort into this, but need to check all the prices and finish up some write-ups.

Erekiddo

Oh hey, the exact game I was eyeing is on sale.

header.jpg

34% off - $9.89

def sim

Give Steam a moment to update, my thread for it will probably be up in an hour or two and I ask to please not make a Halloween Sale topic as I've been putting a lot of effort into this, but need to check all the prices and finish up some write-ups.

Aw man, there are many people in this forum that use steam and don't post in this thread. Someone else will likely make one if you wait too long.

MadGear

Oh crap. The 7 bucks for RE Revelations 2 on GMG was a price mistake? Damn, I skipped it because I wanted to get it with my Steam wallet during this sale but now its way more expensive. I messed up.

KainXVIII

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood still 50%, Dead Rising 3 Apocalypse Edition 50%, The Witcher® 3: Wild Hunt 33% off
Boo! That's not how to make good sale (for me)

Werd

Well rather than disappoint me with putting Resident Evil HD at 40% off again they just decided to leave it off entirely.

edit: I see it's 50% off on Humble though. Was hoping for more after already waiting nearly 2 years, but I might just cave.

cluderi

Damn it!

I held off buying Doom the week before the Halloween sale thinking surely a game about fighting demons from hell would be part of the sale (and I'd kick myself if we got more than 50% off)

It's not part of the sale......

Guess I'll go see if I can pick it up cheaper than £20 retail.

Ascheroth

God Eater 2 already at 50%, that was fast

Wow, that was indeed fast.
Not sure what Namco is thinking there tbh. On the one hand it's nice that more people will get it, on the other hand the message I get from this is "Look, our games will be dirt cheap in no time!", which makes it increasingly unlikely for me to get their next games earlier :p.

Tizoc

Is LOTS2 that bad? If yes is it an entertaining trainwreck?

Lords of Shadow 2's biggest issue is the Stealth sections, they just feel VERY out of place; one of the worst stealth sections has you avoiding getting caught by a monster and getting through an area.
Once you've gotten past the area?
YOU FIGHT THAT MONSTER AS A BOSS
That's not how stealth sections are supposed to function.

It has its good points though like no QTE option.

Blazblue Chronophantasma and Guilty Gear SIGN are both 50% off, that's the most they've ever been discounted, right? I suppose they'll get an even bigger sale when the newest sequels eventually come out?

Lords of Shadow 2's biggest issue is the Stealth sections, they just feel VERY out of place; one of the worst stealth sections has you avoiding getting caught by a monster and getting through an area.
Once you've gotten past the area?
YOU FIGHT THAT MONSTER AS A BOSS
That's not how stealth sections are supposed to function.

It has its good points though like no QTE option.

Oh well, I just bought it. Considering the pace my backlog has been growing, I'll try it out in 2059.

Have a nice birthday Baron o/

Happy birthday!

I think ill finally buy killer is dead today.

Happy Birthday Baron!

Happy b-day :D

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday Baron

yooo happy birthday B

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday :)

1459411207-d8f87fcd0c4c535ffded46c6356a5f13.gif

The Ocean House Hotel is such a great little location.

Happy Birthday!

Apparently, the game's code is a mess, making it extra harder to port it to PC.

I'd say it won't happen, but who knows?

little late but HBD Baron

Happy birthday Baron :)

Happy birthday Baron von (not so) Loathsome! I shall score a goal in your honour.

Happy Birthday :O!

Anyways, curious if anyone seen this or this happened before

lkecOBW.png

Never seen a game having a release date labeled as "Someday" l0l

Horror movie sale :O

Also, HBD Baron.

A bit belated, but happy birthday! :D

Thanks, everybody! And have a spooky Halloween and/or Halloween sale!

jg9ctW1.gif

Erekiddo

Scraped for about an hour and only found 4 I want at these prices.

Pony Island - $1.64
The Deer God - $1.49
Slayaway Camp - $6.65
htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary - $9.89

I want Zero Time Dilemma, but haven't played the originals. I also want to finish htoL#NiQ before grabbing Yomawari: Night Alone.

Sober

looks like the sale may extend to non-scary games? a few shmups and older titles on my wishlist are >50% off
I think a lot of indies are getting the jump in even without a halloween/scary update because there's maybe less AAA games hogging up space right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom