• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

madjoki

Can anyone explain to me why Attack on Titan isnt available for the chinese region, but the DLC is?

I mean it even has regional pricing, the DLC.

They simply forgot to region lock DLC?

Steam has default prices for each currency and every price point, that are set even if product isn't available in that region. (Exception is products where price hasn't been adjusted after currency is added.).

They simply forgot to region lock DLC?

Steam has default prices for each currency and every price point, that are set even if product isn't available in that region. (Exception is products where price hasn't been adjusted after currency is added.).

Ah. I didnt know that.

Still. The asian regionlock thing for anime-games, I really dont understand. Like DB Xenoverse 1 isnt available in China, 2 is now. And 2 was regionlocked till release, now its not.
Then Saint Seiya isnt, but Naruto is and AoT.

Ah. I didnt know that.

Still. The asian regionlock thing for anime-games, I really dont understand. Like DB Xenoverse 1 isnt available in China, 2 is now. And 2 was regionlocked till release, now its not.
Then Saint Seiya isnt, but Naruto is and AoT.
I'm guessing that a retailer got exclusive publishing right in China?

I'm guessing that a retailer got exclusive publishing right in China?

I just wonder who that is? I mean sometimes its not available in Japan, Korea, China, but Taiwan and HK.
Sometimes not in Korea and China.
Sometimes China and India.

I just think one of the biggest fanbase of such games, especially the One Piece or Naruto games, is in China.

Corpekata

Banned
Attack on Titan was banned in China IIRC, so that is likely responsible for the game, and the DLC is like suggested, someone forgetting to apply a flag.

KingBroly

Banned
It sucks losing my 17 hour save file for GTA V >_<

That's what happens when you don't use Steam Cloud, Rockstar!

I didn't even delete it. It just vanished

Attack on Titan was banned in China IIRC, so that is likely responsible for the game, and the DLC is like suggested, someone forgetting to apply a flag.

Oh. So Bandai-Namco just didnt release it there because of that.

Still strange, since the fanbase there is also huge. I mean we have stuff like Huniepop available in China, that, if checked by the government, would surely be banned.

But One Piece and Naruto isnt, so I wonder why these arent available there.

Regginator

Guys, I'm replaying through Mafia 2 (first time on PC, played it on PS3 a few years ago, forgot how pretty it looks), but I'm having some issues with the camera. At times, the camera is wayyy too close and it obscures a lot.

Usually it should look like this:

mafia2camera2jnrnq.jpg

But then when you enter an area that makes the camera close up, sometimes it'll stay that way until you enter a car and then step out of it:

A quick Google search didn't help me.

So.. you're gloating over committing a fraud? *slow golf clap*.

Way to abuse a system that was added for the consumer's benefit.

And you're gloating about this on a website where actual developers frequent.

Fuck is wrong with you?

Abusing systems is what we usually do, right? Buying games from other regions for cheap, maximizing price mistakes, etc. Maybe I should've just keep it to myself and let other people do it instead. There are holes in the system, and the faster people expose them to public, the better.

Anyway, I paid Skyrim for $10 after they stopped selling Legendary Editon for less than that. It's about the same price or even higher than the amount of money people paid for Legendary Edition. I have the rights for it.

I wouldn't count on owning Skyrim SE very long, they'll definitely block access sooner or later.

Maybe it will be removed later...

Yes, that's highly probable and I would be fine by that.

Corpekata

Banned
I don't even know if what you did qualified as a hole. You're likely losing the game and possibly your refunding rights in general. Seems like a waste of time and effort.

hesho

i really hope this sale will be good.

i have a 180 bucks in steam credit just burning a hole right now on my account ><

Abusing systems is what we usually do, right? Buying games from other regions for cheap, maximizing price mistakes, etc. Maybe I should've just keep it to myself and let other people do it instead. There are holes in the system, and the faster people expose them to public, the better.

Heck, there's an entire thread a while back dedicated to exploiting an obvious system error on EA Origin. Sometimes I'm confused where the morality line lies around here.

Never played Skyrim, feeling like playing Skyrim SE... decisions, decisions...

How much of a time investment would it be?

I spent 110+ hours on PS3 and didn't even start the whole war story. Also 45 hours on PC just wandering around poking things.

What chance Assassin's Creed Revelations being on sale? Getting old is the scariest thing imaginable, spooky clowns are nothing.

Corpekata

Banned
Asscreed collection is next month on consoles so I imagine we won't be seeing any meaningful sales on the Ezio games for a little while.

Uzzy

Never played Skyrim, feeling like playing Skyrim SE... decisions, decisions...

How much of a time investment would it be?

Six hours of working to ensure the mods you want to get the game playable are all installed and working with each other, ten minutes in game to confirm they all work, then a minute to close it and open a vastly superior game. Like any of them.

Eila

Already dead. :(

I though Gleam was Digital Homicides thing and they weren't making any cash from it so limited to just their own games.

The website layout is way too nice to belong to Digital Homicide. They only work with developers directly now, and not third party groups.

Today's my birthday, so allow me to be generous and give away some spare Steam keys I had lying around:

ModBot said:

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number -- MB-31AB93CA5E56CAE8 - Taken by Blizniak. 13 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-DF930CC8EAD24B7C - Taken by ThirtyFour. 1 entrants total.
Rocket League -- MB-706EB4F563C8BD66 - Taken by wetflame. 12 entrants total.
Call of Juarez: Gunslinger -- MB-AEBEFB93E3F176A8 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 6 entrants total.
Dead Island: Game of the Year Edition -- MB-828CF9F03B27533F - Taken by Saty. 1 entrants total.
Saints Row: The Third Full Package -- MB-10999C19C74A100B - Taken by PaulSane. 2 entrants total.
Saints Row 2 -- MB-E0913E3A3019BEC8 - Taken by Vlad. 1 entrants total.

t1477668791z1.png

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lucius Demake -- MB-E5CC8FEAE8A06522 - Taken by madjoki
Between Me And The Night -- MB-96453E4BA5E38664 - Taken by voodooray
Vortex: The Gateway -- MB-57BA0F2C00E7C5F9 - Taken by Henry Swanson

Phinor

GMG sure handled sourcing grey market keys for Titanfall 2 well. They are just now sending keys to customers, over half a day after the game was released. In addition, they kept advertising pre-order bonuses but now because their unofficial source (sorry, "authorised distributor") didn't provide them with pre-order bonus keys, they simply won't issue any pre-order bonuses to customers. Bonuses they used to advertise the game in the first place up until yesterday.

Another job well done. Also despite using unofficial sources for games, GMG remains uncompetitive when it comes to prices. Maybe they grew too quickly but these days GMG just doesn't have any advantages over other stores, even key selling sites.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
The good old days of GMG were back when they just gave away credit for getting achievements in games. Got some amazing bargains. Haven't bought anything from them in a while though.

Endruen

Mods will need to be converted to work, idk about the saves.

Don't know, I can't find a firm answer either for saves. Seems unlikely sadly.

After 110 hours+ on PS3 only for it to bug out completely and another 45 on PC I don't fancy another restart.

Vanilla Skyrim saves can be used with the SE. Mods not so much.

Thanks for the responses.
I only had a sound change mod because I found it extremely funny, so I can live without it if they don't update it, I normally prefer to play games without mods anyway.
I played a long ago and I did some things but I don't remember much. I would like to start again, though, but I love my character appearence and I don't know if I would be able to replicate it.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
The good old days of GMG were back when they just gave away credit for getting achievements in games. Got some amazing bargains. Haven't bought anything from them in a while though.

Those were the days...

Catshade

I remember the time when GMG wanted to be the first store where you can trade in your 'used' digital games license for store credit. An admirable experiment, I must admit.

chronomac

So I started playing Civ V last night about 10 PM. I randomly looked down at my watch when I felt my eyes getting heavy and...it was 1 AM. I can see the appeal, and I don't know even know what I'm doing.

Anyone have any good tutorial videos or should I just figure it out on my own? I got the basics.

Anno

So I started playing Civ V last night about 10 PM. I randomly looked down at my watch when I felt my eyes getting heavy and...it was 1 AM. I can see the appeal, and I don't know even know what I'm doing.

Anyone have any good tutorial videos or should I just figure it out on my own? I got the basics.

I feel like if you have the basics down then you're probably best off just playing and trying new things. Civ is good fun even if you end up losing.

If you do want to watch some videos I would always recommend checking out a notable Lets Player like Quill18 or Marbozir on YouTube and just watch them play. Both are pretty good about saying why they make a lot of decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom