• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Serious Sam complete pack is at 90%. That must be the horror title you are looking for.

My tag makes it really hard for me to find my specifics posts about Serious Sam, so let me assure you that somewhere in one of these old Steam threads, around the time when there was that Serious Same Humble Weekly, there is a post where I screen-capped my payment breakdown to show that none of my money was going to Croteam.

My intent was to drag up this old post and recontextualize it here by saying something along the lines of, "But I've already given them all of my no money," or something similar to that effect.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Arcana Heart 3 is 67% off, thats the lowest its been I think?

edit: and Battle Fantasia 75% off, dem fighters

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
also Blackwell Epiphany (the last one) is 75% off also for the first time (again, I think)

God EAter 2 and REmake/Zero are super tempting even if they are "just" 50% off. Been jonesing for those RE games for ages and always skip them

bloke

Scraped for about an hour and only found 4 I want at these prices.

Pony Island - $1.64

Thnaks, thinking of maybe getting that...

Also Lords Of The Fallen GOTY is -80%, so 5.99 eur for me, but still for some reason can't bring myself to click on Purchase :/

Aliens: Colonial Marines gets 75% off

Alien: Isolation gets nothing

Sega, pls, I only want the DLC.
CM isn't even worth it, it has been $1 before lol.
also Blackwell Epiphany (the last one) is 75% off also for the first time (again, I think)

God EAter 2 and REmake/Zero are super tempting even if they are "just" 50% off. Been jonesing for those RE games for ages and always skip them

REmake is one of my favorite games of all time. The HD ports have been commanding a premium and 50% is an all time low.

kagamin

Thanks, everybody! And have a spooky Halloween and/or Halloween sale!

Happy Birthday you Love Live!! fan you.
56258c3d23efcfab9d7a17ee21c351dff6b97e33_hq.gif

Tizoc

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Fun fact: did you know half of Steam's total game library tagged with the 'horror' tag (most actual horror games too, but not all) released on Steam within the last year?

Saty

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...s-to-steam-exploring-opportunities-in-premium
Kongregate, the free-to-play web portal operated by retailer GameStop, is aiming to get the attention of more indies by expanding into Steam publishing.

The company's first Steam title is Slashy Hero from Gentlebros and it's available now. Kongregate plans to follow that with Spellstone, a collectible card game from Synapse Games, in November. Beyond the publishing move, Kongregate is offering a new unified SDK that will allow developers to view consistent metrics across platforms (web, mobile and Steam) and it gives players the ability to save game progress across platforms.

"Despite the growth of newer platforms, PC gaming remains a viable and exciting option that our players want to explore. By adding Steam to our publishing business, we can support even more indie developers and deliver unique and innovative content to gamers worldwide," said Emily Greer, president and co-founder of Kongregate.

Knurek

First DROD DLC is out, seems the devs plan to release a new pack each week. Which is great - more puzzle games need the Picross 3D weekly puzzle pack approach. Imagine Hexcells/Squarecells with that kind of support!
Keys are out on Caravel profile for people who registered/bought the games there.

Ascheroth

It's funny, before the sale started I was determined to use my steam card monies to buy some stuff on my wishlist, now it has started, I look at the prices and feel like holding out a little more, lol.
Think I'll get DreadOut though, has me interested.

Well then, back to playing Westerado, starting my second playthrough. Absolutely fantastic game. Man, this bundle was good.

Rhaknar

May I ask why not?

do it its awesome. Opinions!

well its not awesome but I really enjoyed it

edit: oh the god eater 1 remaster wasnt just a pre-order bonus, it still comes with god eater 2?

yuraya

19 Hell runs. It has become a ritual. Once a day Yama falls.
If there was a way to beat Yama for other players like in say Souls games, I'd totally do that for days on end.

Never thought it would happen but Souls games have been dethroned as my most played games.

Why are you doing so many hell runs? Is it just for dailies? I don't think there was much of a point to them after doing a few iirc.

If you played Spelunky for that long you should be doing gold runs only at that point. Beating your high scores with gold runs is the bread and butter of the game. I got burned out on it at 250 hrs.

Wok

I remember someone saying good things about that game, which reaches its historical lowest price during these sales, but I don't remember what exactly. I only see 4 people on my Steam list who own it though. Any clue?

Why are you doing so many hell runs? Is it just for dailies? I don't think there was much of a point to them after doing a few iirc.
It's the right balance between relaxing and challenging to do hell runs. I did time runs and gold runs but they were not fun for me.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Man I ended up spending way more time with Killer is Dead than I'd planned. Beat it again on hard and beat most of the challenge missions. Great game that grew on me over time.

Now I don't really have anything I'm excited about til Dishonored 2 comes out. Maybe I'll finally finish Yoshi's Woolly World or something

Rhaknar

do the Dishonored DLCs have tutorials? fuck if I remember how to play that game, its been too long

Shepard

I remember someone saying good things about that game, which reaches its historical lowest price during these sales, but I don't remember what exactly. I only see 4 people on my Steam list who own it though. Any clue?

It's one of my go to games when there's nothing else to do or I'm trying to kill some time. You can play 10, 15 minutes without worrying about story and such. A pretty fun class based rogue-like.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Halloween Sale Topic List fully updated

(outside of minor updates and maybe one or two more games added.)

It's a good sale if you have interest in horror games, but due to so many games being fairly recent some discounts might not be as steep as many want them to be (as I said, half of all horror games tagged on Steam released within the last year).

Uzzy

Halloween Sale Topic List fully updated

(outside of minor updates and maybe one or two more games added.)

It's a good sale if you have interest in horror games, but due to so many games being fairly recent some discounts might not be as steep as many want them to be (as I said, half of all horror games tagged on Steam released within the last year).

Great list. I'll have to try out some of the lesser known titles this weekend. It's all well and good me shouting about how SOMA is a masterpiece and how Oxenfree is one of the best of this year, but hopefully some of the smaller titles will offer something unique.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom