• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Looks like Denuvo is completely cracked and my theory that the CPY cracking group are simply pacing out their releases every 2 weeks is true.
https://www.reddit.com/r/pcgaming/comments/55j583/mirrors_edge_catalyst_cracked_cpy/

It can also just be that it takes them a variable amount of time for each game, so the pirates pace out the release to give no info about the time needed, and consequently the tools and methods that they use.

It could also be that they are trying to blackmail Denuvo by asking for money to stop.

neonglow

According to a Gamestop employee, several indie PC games will get a physical boxed copy published by Indiebox. These will be $19.99 and should come with a Steam key and a DRM free copy of the game.

IndieBox - Axiom Verge
IndieBox - Punch Club
IndieBox - Jotun
IndieBox - Thomas Was Alone
IndieBox - Chariot
IndieBox - Stories Path of Destinies
IndieBox - Guacamelee Super Turbo Ed
IndieBox - Rogue Legacy
IndieBox - Nuclear Throne
IndieBox - Awesomenauts

https://www.reddit.com/r/theindiebox/comments/55b2lp/indiebox_at_gamestop/

Deques

According to a Gamestop employee, several indie PC games will get a physical boxed copy published by Indiebox. These will be $19.99 and should come with a Steam key and a DRM free copy of the game.

IndieBox - Axiom Verge
IndieBox - Punch Club
IndieBox - Jotun
IndieBox - Thomas Was Alone
IndieBox - Chariot
IndieBox - Stories Path of Destinies
IndieBox - Guacamelee Super Turbo Ed
IndieBox - Rogue Legacy
IndieBox - Nuclear Throne
IndieBox - Awesomenauts

https://www.reddit.com/r/theindiebox/comments/55b2lp/indiebox_at_gamestop/

I wonder if it's US only

neonglow

I wonder if it's US only

Indiebox does ship worldwide with their subscription service so hopefully these will be available wherever Gamestop exists. On the matter of their subscription service, it's been going downhill the past couple months. I used to be a subscriber but they kept doing old legacy games that could be had for a buck or so in other bundle deals.

Deques

Indiebox does ship worldwide with their subscription service so hopefully these will be available wherever Gamestop exists. On the matter of their subscription service, it's been going downhill the past couple months. I used to be a subscriber but they kept doing old legacy games that could be had for a buck or so in other bundle deals.

Let's see if they sell these boxes in other countries other than USA. But I probably still won't buy any boxes anyway :p

Tizoc

You know what would be cool and hilarious?
The Crash Bandicoot remakes being 'PS4 Console Exclusive'
I need this to happen just to see what the meltdown would be like if any.

Speaking of which: Skylanders aren't available on PC right?

Accoun

If the characters cost $20 total, you are basically saving $40 for the story mode, since that'll be the only thing left locked from the free version IIRC.

That said, given how overpriced the DLC is on Steam, I expect them VASTLY overprice the F2P unlocks.

I main Ayane (although maybe that's too much to say, since I only played DOA a couple of times) and she's in the free version, so I guess I have one thing less to worry about.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Got Hollow Bliss up on Greenlight, a game I'm hoping to release on Halloween.

Appreciate anyone who takes a moment to look at it, I want to get this game greenlit before Halloween to release then, but if not I'll release in November. Original soundtrack by me, has full voice acting, number of the 3D models are by me, has a branching story, and has been my Halloween project this year.

The trailer currently up was a bit quickly done since I needed to post it on Greenlight around now to hopefully get it Greenlit by Halloween, but there is more and much better gameplay videos coming to the page soon, I just made that one quickly as I've been focused working on the game first off Steam and now on Steam.

Hollow Bliss is a strange 3D Horror Adventure-RPG for PC by the creator of Close Your Eyes, Take the Dream IX, Red Haze, & others. Developed in Smile Game Builder to be released as a Halloween project, we will if it gets Greenlit in time. The price of the game will be $4.99 with a 10% discount the first week.

A young man named Chris Lansan has suffered misery after misery ever since he awoke in that mysterious barren house off in the misty valley. He hopes to get help from the nearby village, he even accepted the strange cube-like beings that inhabited it. But it seems things were never meant to go nice for poor ole' Chris. Now at the last of his wits, he must survive, escape, and possibly even save others in a similar position as him from a sugar-coated nightmare.

FEATURES:
-A fully voice-acted story with branching paths & multiple endings.
-Rendered in a strange & surreal 3D world, where you play from both a top-down RPG perspective & a first-person perspective.
-Atmosphere is risen through an original soundtrack of synths, drones, & melodic pieces.
-Unique twisted hollowed monsters come after you, can you survive their ploys?
-Be wary of your choices, including a dynamic action system that uses up a finite number of 'action moves' you can perform.
-A number of secrets, hidden rooms, & discoveries. Can you find them all?

F577C403337386A14C2019CD971F8A00C68554EF
4308FB5610EAC9472A200D7E81DF994AB5FA416D

Nabs

I get excited whenever I see a cool looking indie fps. Then I remember that indie devs are all about that procedural life. Oh well.

200.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

3089 -- Futuristic Action RPG -- MB-F1FC3918EFB5D357 - Taken by voodooray
3079 -- Block Action RPG -- MB-9F779FB44DF61759 - Taken by Baron_Calamity

Grief.exe

Got Hollow Bliss up on Greenlight, a game I'm hoping to release on Halloween.

Appreciate anyone who takes a moment to look at it, I want to get this game greenlit before Halloween to release then, but if not I'll release in November. Original soundtrack by me, has full voice acting, number of the 3D models are by me, has a branching story, and has been my Halloween project this year.

The trailer currently up was a bit quickly done since I needed to post it on Greenlight around now to hopefully get it Greenlit by Halloween, but there is more and much better gameplay videos coming to the page soon, I just made that one quickly as I've been focused working on the game first off Steam and now on Steam.

Illake sure to vote for that Dusk, congratulations.

redlacs

It seems that only I have the problem, since I can't find any solution to this problem. Maybe I should use a better search term, but my google-fu kinda sucks right now

for what its worth, you're not alone. it happened to me in Jurassic world and Batman 3 couple of times (i also played 4 other lego games without this problem). all i know is that it always happened in story mode, never in free play. all in all i lost about 6 seconds in total because of those freezes so i think players may just be accepting it as a small annoyence in what is otherwise a very polished game overall

Deques

for what its worth, you're not alone. it happened to me in Jurassic world and Batman 3 couple of times (i also played 4 other lego games without this problem). all i know is that it always happened in story mode, never in free play. all in all i lost about 6 seconds in total because of those freezes so i think players may just be accepting it as a small annoyence in what is otherwise a very polished game overall

But I also have the same problem in the open world. And it also happened once during intro sequences. I have been wondering if it's any of the graphic settings that is causing the problem

But I also have the same problem in the open world. And it also happened once during intro sequences. I have been wondering if it's any of the graphic settings that is causing the problem

Sounds to me like it may be an auto-save thing. I was having the same issue playing Shadow Warrior the other night, turning off auto-save fixed it.

Deques

Sounds to me like it may be an auto-save thing. I was having the same issue playing Shadow Warrior the other night, turning off auto-save fixed it.

You can turn off auto saving?
But it doesn't seems like it, when finding a gold brick the auto-save triggers and I cannot play until it's done, but it's not that the game freezes

btw, is there any new LEGO games in development?

Hektor

Salt'n'Sanctuary is a really uninspired game.

It's like the devs took Dark Souls, made it 2D (and nailed that mostly) and called it a day, without barely any ideas of their own.

With the sole exception of the skilltree, everything works the exact same way as it does in DS, from the level design to the items, the elevators, the bonfires (or shrines in this case) and even the enemy types.

The only thing new the devs came up with was the (really not good looking) art style.

I'm not sure i'll continue playing this.

You can turn off auto saving?
But it doesn't seems like it, when finding a gold brick the auto-save triggers and I cannot play until it's done, but it's not that the game freezes

Maybe move it to an SSD if you have one and it's not already on one? If it's writing to the disc it might help.

It's like the devs took Dark Souls, made it 2D (and nailed that mostly) and called it a day, without barely any ideas of their own.

With the sole exception of the skilltree, everything works the exact same way as it does in DS, from the level design to the items, the elevators, the bonfires (or shrines in this case) and even the enemy types.

The only thing new the devs came up with was the (really not good looking) art style.

To me, that's the whole reason to even play it. Can never have too much Dark Souls.

Have you gotten any brands yet? That's about the only major difference that I can think of, off the top of my head, but they change things up (sometimes literally).

btw, is there any new LEGO games in development?

Of course but we are in the weird moment where nothing has been announced. There is a ton of Lego Dimension sets coming out.

Rumored and very likely: Guardians of the Galaxy, and LEGO Batman The Movie The Game.

Rumored but unsure: DC Super Hero Girls/Wonder Woman tie in, NX Lego City/ Gangsters

Rumored and unlikely: Lego Speed Champions.

Oh and also another Lego Star Wars game but I don't think we will see it before 2018.

Hektor

Ucchedavāda;218896910 said:
Have you gotten any brands yet? That's about the only major difference that I can think of, off the top of my head, but they change things up (sometimes literally).

I don't think so, i'm just in that wood swamp area with the mad alchemist.

Durante

Ucchedavāda;218896910 said:
It also has local coop, which is awesome.

And it's a lot more non-linear than Dark Souls 3 :p

What would be the best way to play old games with a controller? I'm thinking about replaying Beyond Good and Evil.

Such a shame the HD version never came to PC. Somebody recommended me to check Controller Companion, so I wanted your opinions.

Tizoc

^There is Joy2Key and Xpadder. Not ideal solutions but they are there.
It does beg the question why Ubi didn't bring the HD improvements to the PC ver., I guess it is cuz BGE is available DRM-free on gog and some contracts/licenses prevent them from providing the update to that ver.?

Final Fantasy XV is going to come to PC, isn't it?

Is water wet?
Honestly with how long the game was in development, they don't want to lose any Console sales which is why a PC ver. hadn't been released yet.
It is also possible that the game's code makes a PC ver. or port tricky for the team, at least for the time being.
All that froth about DX12 or whatever no longer holds merit nowadays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom