• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo

It also has local coop, which is awesome.

And it's a lot more non-linear than Dark Souls 3 :p

This very much. Salt and Sanctuary was one of the best local co-ops I've played in long time, we even platinumed it.

Off-topic I'm quite surprised to see lot of console Overwatch players don't consider using m&kb "cheating", it's obvious how big advantage it gives to the player and exact reason why people don't play online fpses on PC with controller. Just saw some Destiny streamer using one and being all smug how he "shreds noobs" with his mouse and keyboard on consoles and thought why don't they ban these streamers but I guess there's no problem.

^There is Joy2Key and Xpadder. Not ideal solutions but they are there.
It does beg the question why Ubi didn't bring the HD improvements to the PC ver., I guess it is cuz BGE is available DRM-free on gog and some contracts/licenses prevent them from providing the update to that ver.?

Is water wet?
Honestly with how long the game was in development, they don't want to lose any Console sales which is why a PC ver. hadn't been released yet.
It is also possible that the game's code makes a PC ver. or port tricky for the team, at least for the time being.
All that froth about DX12 or whatever no longer holds merit nowadays.

I never understood this argument though. How's a PC sale is a lost console sale ? And why would it matter, when steam sales are usually more profitable ?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
on a spending freeze til i buy my new PC but damn i want to start Stardew Valley today

it has cross save btwn OSX & Windows, right?

Monooboe

I know I'm super late to the party... but Baldurs Gate is so good! I can't wait to get to the second one.

Also got the new Masquerada, so alot of isometric rpgs for me.:D

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
It has Steam Cloud, so yes.

welp OK down the rabbit hole we go

one last question: does time pass in real time? like if i leave the game running, is that bad news bears because i'll waste up my days not farming, or can i just leave it open and leisurely pop in

Kudo

I never understood this argument though. How's a PC sale is a lost console sale ? And why would it matter, when steam sales are usually more profitable ?

Because people won't buy the console version if PC version is coming. I don't have any statistics but holds true to everyone I know, but probably not much in grand scale of things where people don't have access to both machines.

data

one last question: does time pass in real time? like if i leave the game running, is that bad news bears because i'll waste up my days not farming, or can i just leave it open and leisurely pop in

yes, if you keep it running time will pass and you will pass out and wake up at the infirmary.

Because people won't buy the console version if PC version is coming. I don't have any statistics but holds true to everyone I know, but probably not much in grand scale of things where people don't have access to both machines.

Yeah, that's I said, a nonsense excuse, considering how many AAA releases that release everywhere and still sell the same.

Let's see how this goes shall we? :p

Try explaining that to the PS4 Yakuza 0 crowd ;P
If anything maybe they have set costs regarding FFXV and PC wasn't included at the time. They might also be aiming for double dippers too.

Well, the PS4 Yakuza 0 angry crowd is more about some concerned troll. Not everyone. And yes, I guess SE will go after that imaginary double dipper crowd.

fantomena

Has the new monthly bundle leaked? Thinking about subbing, when is deadline for for receiving this month's bundle?

Edit: I see only the 1 month has mentioned I can cancel anytime. Does it mean like it will continue to cost me 12$ if I do the 1 month thing and if I do the other ones I can't cancel at all?

Tizoc

Yo Stump, can I PM you a Tag I'd like added under my avatar?

Yeah, that's I said, a nonsense excuse, considering how many AAA releases that release everywhere and still sell the same.

Well, the PS4 Yakuza 0 angry crowd is more about some concerned troll. Not everyone. And yes, I guess SE will go after that imaginary double dipper crowd.

Hey I'M a double dipper! My brother and I are splitting the price of the PS4 ver. between us.

Yo Stump, can I PM you a Tag I'd like added under my avatar?

Hey I'M a double dipper! My brother and I are splitting the price of the PS4 ver. between us.

Eh, there are double dippers. I've been one sometimes, but let's be fair, double dippers are a really small minority :p

GaussTek

Try explaining that to the PS4 Yakuza 0 crowd ;P
If anything maybe they have set costs regarding FFXV and PC wasn't included at the time. They might also be aiming for double dippers too.

I might be one of them :p. I bought a PS4 -mostly- because of FF XV, and I know that it will eventually come out on PC, but I simply cannot wait lol.

The hinted DX12 stuff makes me think that this time it will take them a bit more time to come out after the console versions, as most likely it won't be an straight console port.

That, and adding the fact about how long it took to Square to release some of the recent FF ports: LR, FFIX and FFX... (seriously, do you remember about the "Early 2016" Final Fantasy IX release? haha. The Android version was out already and it even so it took them long enough lol).

neoemonk

I want to wait for FF XV on PC, but I also want to play it at launch.

First world problems, I know.

I held out for GTA V PC so I guess I can wait for this. I actually just grabbed GTA V from Redbox when it first came out on PS3.

Eanan

Would anyone here PLEASE be able to help me out? it will take 2 minutes.

I cant buy a game using my TF2 keys as I changed phones and enabled mobile authenticator again and have the 7 day wait. But I badly need it (its 5 keys)

I can trade the keys to you, then could you buy the game for me and just trade it back please? Id greatly appreciate it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'll be playing Final Fantasy XV day one on PS4, it's literally the reason I bought my PS4 in 2014. However, I'm a bit miffed that they are going to have a "pro" version of the game that requires yet another console purchase. So miffed that I'll probably just wait until it's inevitably out on PC before doing my second play through.

mp1990

Banned
I'll be playing Final Fantasy XV day one on PS4, it's literally the reason I bought my PS4 in 2014. However, I'm a bit miffed that they are going to have a "pro" version of the game that requires yet another console purchase. So miffed that I'll probably just wait until it's inevitably out on PC before doing my second play through.
You could also play the enhanced version that doesn't require a PS4 Pro, named World of Final Fantasy.

Or are you going to deny chibi Lightning?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I am looking at buying a PS4 this holiday to play the stuff that absolutely isn't coming to the PC (UC4, Bloodborne, Persona 5, etc), and if it means I can maybe play FFXV a year or two early I'd consider it at least. Assuming that I'm done with Persona 5 by then... which based on estimates of game length is unlikely.

Tizoc

You could also play the enhanced version that doesn't require a PS4 Pro, named World of Final Fantasy.

chibi Tifa>chibi Cloud wannabe
img_3280wzxsy.jpg

neoemonk

I will probably just get FF XV from the library. It takes them 7-10 days from release to get it into the system, but that way I can play it near launch and then buy it when it comes to Steam. The most hardcore will probably have finished it by the time I get my hands on it but I should be able to avoid spoilers.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

World of Final Fantasy is already pre-ordered, but the Square Enix release I'm looking forward to most this month is Dragon Quest Builders.

Having all this stuff eventually come to PC would be amazing.

Ascheroth

Will play it on PC, once it comes out sometime.

The PS4 honestly doesn't have enough games for me to justify buying a whole console. There are only Bloodborne and Persona 5 that interest me and have 0 chance to land on PC
still holding onto the small hope that somewhere someone kicks some reason into Atlus in the future

neoemonk

I'm grabbing DQ Builders on the strength of the demo.

I am old and have no imagination so I like that it makes me do stuff instead of letting me play around like in Minecraft.

I also just replayed Dragon Quest I for the first time in over 20 years, on my phone of all places, which ended up being a serendipitous refresher for the setting.

jshackles

Quoting this from the Limited Run Games thread:

You know, I totally forgot to mention this before but Spike Chunsoft's One Way Heroics is actually licensed and that license is set to expire on a certain date. This means that you can fully expect Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics to be delisted from Steam and PSN within the next three years, it's just a matter of time. If you're waffling on buying one of our last PS4 copies, take solace in knowing that you'd have permanent access to the game regardless of any delisting.

Just a heads up that apparently the license might run out on Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics some time in the next three years or so - unless they are doing well enough to renew it by then, of course.

Grief.exe

I'm grabbing DQ Builders on the strength of the demo.

I am old and have no imagination so I like that it makes me do stuff instead of letting me play around like in Minecraft.

I also just replayed Dragon Quest I for the first time in over 20 years, on my phone of all places, which ended up being a serendipitous refresher for the setting.

That seems like a title that will likely see a PC version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom