• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The time between bundles shall be measured in bandles.

It is decreed.

I know it's usually a measurement of distance, but let the nerds figure it out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The time between bundles shall be measured in bandles.

It is decreed.

I know it's usually a measurement of distance, but let the nerds figure it out.

Nerds have figured out and explained how the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs, I think we'll figure it out

Endruen

I believe the case was very solid. There were in excess of 140 false statements by the 11 steam users, tens of thousands of posts harassing myself and my customers, three direct interference with written contracts with third parties by steam users (some of which were competitors), and much more. A combined in excess of 25 reports were filed against the worst users of the 11 with no resolutions being found.
And they still think they're right, good lord in heavens...

How many bandles until the Monthly is revealed?

I'm not 100% on its release schedule. Is it structured based on the day of the week, like the weeklies are/used to be? Or on the day of the month?

derExperte

A newly designed Weeklong Deals banner. What could it mean? Store redesign tomorrow after the maintenance?

On Rusty Trails -75%, Meat Boy-ish platformer, nice artstyle, anyone played?

RIVE getting one update after another, might be their last game but they're certainly putting work into it, commendable.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Violett -- MB-B6780C4EBC865E71 - Taken by dave is ok
Frederic Resurrection of Music -- MB-F189B99F0DC71DFF - Taken by Wok
16bit Trader -- MB-5B4C4118585B5B46 - Taken by Sarcasm
Iesabel -- MB-2CCC0B1731EF0524 - Taken by texhnolyze
Sparke 3 Genesis -- MB-9CD9DFD1DAB7A06D - Taken by Purkake4
Millie -- MB-EC01D693FAB09293 - Taken by alr1ght
Timberman -- MB-88797EB145D2033C - Taken by Saty

Monooboe

If you like the first one the second one will blow your mind. The reason that series is so well-regarded is almost entirely on the strength of the sequel.

I'm not even much of a fan of the Forgotten Realms but I still think that's one of the best games ever made.

My mind is already blown.:D I mean, the writing and alot of small details are better in BG1 than in most CRPGs. It's kind of awesome going back to it and see where all those games that came after it got it.

After I'm done with BG1 & 2 I really need to get my hands on Planescape Torment, since that is also said to be one of the best and I never even tried it back in the day.

Squarecells -70%

Get it people.

My mind is already blown.:D I mean, the writing and alot of small details are better in BG1 than in most CRPGs. It's kind of awesome going back to it and see where all those games that came after it got it.

After I'm done with BG1 & 2 I really need to get my hands on Planescape Torment, since that is also said to be one of the best and I never even tried it back in the day.

By far the best story in a VG.

Eanan

Would anyone here PLEASE be able to help me out? it will take 2 minutes.

I cant buy a game using my TF2 keys as I changed phones and enabled mobile authenticator again and have the 7 day wait. But I badly need it (its 5 keys)

I can trade the keys to you, then could you buy the game for me and just trade it back please? Id greatly appreciate it.

Anyone? Id massivly appreciate it, this is so annoying.

Oxenfree and Squarecells for cheap? Don't mind if I do. If any of those games appear this Friday in the Humble Monthly, I'll just ask for a refund.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

Planescape Torment is an amazing game which is only good because of its writing. The game has some really hamfisted gameplay elements which they try to cram the D&D rules into. It does actually make Wisdom a good stat though, so that's something. Anyhow, yes you should play Planescape Tormet. Some amazing writing in that game, and easily the best story in games.

Jawmuncher

Got Hollow Bliss up on Greenlight, a game I'm hoping to release on Halloween.

Appreciate anyone who takes a moment to look at it, I want to get this game greenlit before Halloween to release then, but if not I'll release in November. Original soundtrack by me, has full voice acting, number of the 3D models are by me, has a branching story, and has been my Halloween project this year.

The trailer currently up was a bit quickly done since I needed to post it on Greenlight around now to hopefully get it Greenlit by Halloween, but there is more and much better gameplay videos coming to the page soon, I just made that one quickly as I've been focused working on the game first off Steam and now on Steam.

Looks good, voted

Blizzard

Banned
Any idea why I can go to http://store.steampowered.com from a web browser with no issues, but if I try in the Steam client I get an infinite spinning busy indicator in the top right, and the store doesn't even begin to load?

This happens occasionally and I can't open my profile either.

If I restart the client everything works.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Nerds have figured out and explained how the Millennium Falcon made the Kessel Run in less than twelve parsecs, I think we'll figure it out

Alright, let this nerd try to figure it out:

Code:
1 bandle = 2 feet
1 mile = 5,280 feet
------------------------------
1 mile = 2,640 bandles.

Code:
Average human walking speed = 3.1 miles per hour
Typical number of days between bundle launches = 1
Number of miles a human could travel in 24 hours, no breaks, assuming constant forward motion = 74.4.

74.4 x 2,640 = 196,416 bandles between bundles.

Edit: 136.4 bandles between bundles a minute.

Uzzy

A spooky update for SFV. Spookier than a rootkit even!

Hello Saikyo Dojo Trainees!

It’s October and with that comes a spook-tacular Street Fighter V update.

We’re happy to announce seven new Premium Halloween costumes and a special Halloween-themed version of the Russia stage for Street Fighter V. After the jump you’ll notice jack-o'-lanterns, gravestones, zombie Cossack dancers and perhaps a familiar face or two in the background!

P9LhPhJ.jpg
W5p3JOK.jpg
LTDBsca.jpg
ERe2uak.jpg

Nabs

Squarecells tips:

1) Buy it
2) Play it
3) Try Dark Mode (and never go back)

Oxenfree in Humble Monthly confirmed?
75% off on Steam.

Hmmm. That would be a nice get.

Oxenfree + Steam Controller tips (for anyone with both):

1) Use the first community config.
2) Enable experimental rumble in BPM
3) Enjoy your radio tuning sim

Game looks nothing like Hexcells... :\

Great timing on the weekly deal. I'm not going to give him Hexcells cloning tips, but I will wishlist it.

Uzzy

Capcom: we'll spend all our time on this instead of fixing our trash net code. I played all day yesterday and the rollback hurt. :c

Indeed. I'm sure that if only the artists and designers who made those costumes were made to work on the netcode instead, then that'd be fixed in no time.

Only one more bandle to go. Personally? I'm excited.
According to a Gamestop employee, several indie PC games will get a physical boxed copy published by Indiebox. These will be $19.99 and should come with a Steam key and a DRM free copy of the game.

IndieBox - Axiom Verge
IndieBox - Punch Club
IndieBox - Jotun
IndieBox - Thomas Was Alone
IndieBox - Chariot
IndieBox - Stories Path of Destinies
IndieBox - Guacamelee Super Turbo Ed
IndieBox - Rogue Legacy
IndieBox - Nuclear Throne
IndieBox - Awesomenauts

https://www.reddit.com/r/theindiebox/comments/55b2lp/indiebox_at_gamestop/
Punch Club for $19.99? Yeeesh.

The value proposition for that one seems quite a bit off. It's a very grindy, repetitive game that feels like it was made for mobile. Cool ideas, but very frustrating to play overall. I paid, like, a buck for it and that felt about right. I think the regular price is $10 on Steam.

Punch Club would actually be a lot more fun if they dropped the RNG and turned it into a full-fledged RPG. Progression would be much faster, but it would feel a lot more satisfying too.

Corpekata

Banned
Only one more bandle to go. Personally? I'm excited.

Punch Club for $19.99? Yeeesh.

The value proposition for that one seems quite a bit off. It's a very grindy, repetitive game that feels like it was made for mobile. Cool ideas, but very frustrating to play overall. I paid, like, a buck for it and that felt about right. I think the regular price is $10 on Steam.

Punch Club would actually be a lot more fun if they dropped the RNG and turned it into a full-fledged RPG. Progression would be much faster, but it would feel a lot more satisfying too.

Quite a few indie games get a markup in retail, it's hardly new. Pretty sure half that list is getting one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom