• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

k sellin cards and grabbin oxenfree

spent $10 on Rocket League keys and havent bought a game in a long time

MUnited83

For you.
Only one more bandle to go. Personally? I'm excited.

Punch Club for $19.99? Yeeesh.

The value proposition for that one seems quite a bit off. It's a very grindy, repetitive game that feels like it was made for mobile. Cool ideas, but very frustrating to play overall. I paid, like, a buck for it and that felt about right. I think the regular price is $10 on Steam.

Punch Club would actually be a lot more fun if they dropped the RNG and turned it into a full-fledged RPG. Progression would be much faster, but it would feel a lot more satisfying too.

it's a low print physical run. 19.99$ is basically the bare minimum price for such a thing without losing money for each unit sold.

Well since it is october, its time to guess when and what the next sega port announcement will be. Typing of the dead: overkill came out on october 29, 2013, Valkyria Chronicles was announced on October 27,2014 and Sonic Lost World was announced on October 6, 2015.

My Guess: October 13th, Vanquish and Virtua Fighter 5 dual announcement

Any good minimalist Steam skins out there still getting updates? Pressure dev seems to have ghosted, no official updates since March.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
k sellin cards and grabbin oxenfree

spent $10 on Rocket League keys and havent bought a game in a long time

is there a way to unlock my cards easily? i remember hearing about a hack, but i don't know how dangerous it is or if it works on OSX

Well since it is october, its time to guess when and what the next sega port will be. Valkyria Chronicles was announced on October 27,2014 and Sonic Lost World was announced on October 6, 2015.

My Guess: October 13th, Vanquish and Virtua Fighter 5 dual announcement

don't do this to me

For people picking up Oxenfree, I highly recommend the soundtrack, it's really good especially for an extra $1.24. I doubled dipped and bought it and the soundtrack again after already having it on Xbox, such a great game.

Ozium

too many fools in here

why are you buying a weekly deal on a monday?

wait until sunday to buy weekly deals, as they might appear in a bundle during the week..

especially with the monthly coming friday.. what if oxenfree is in it and people sell codes in BST for $2

y'all ppl need lessons in frugality

Stardew Valley 1.1 out.
Time to go fetch my credit card.

Official or beta?

too many fools in here

wait until sunday to buy weekly deals, as they might appear in a bundle during the week..

especially with the monthly coming friday.. what if oxenfree is in it and people sell codes in BST for $2

Translation: BUNDLES.

17.7 MB Stardew Valley update. And yes, it's official.

Huzzah!
Quite a few indie games get a markup in retail, it's hardly new. Pretty sure half that list is getting one.

it's a low print physical run. 19.99$ is basically the bare minimum price for such a thing without losing money for each unit sold.

Ah, that makes sense.

It still surprises me though. I guess I'm disconnected from the retail gaming scene by now... I only by one or two physical copies per year, thanks to an E3 sale that rolls around every year.

Nillansan

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
too many fools in here

i am new to this PC game

i will put a note in to pick the game up on Sunday in case a deal breaks out between now & then

thanks

neoemonk

Any idea why I can go to http://store.steampowered.com from a web browser with no issues, but if I try in the Steam client I get an infinite spinning busy indicator in the top right, and the store doesn't even begin to load?

This happens occasionally and I can't open my profile either.

If I restart the client everything works.

I had the same issue recently and had to clear my Steam cache to fix it. I'll see if I can dig up the instructions.

too many fools in here

Refunds yo

Becuz srsly, who the fuck plays video games here?

neoemonk

OK, I found the Steam Community thread that had the post that helped me to fix the spinny wheel issue in my Steam client. The issue that I was having was that only my library would load. No store, inventory, profile.

This is a verbatim copy of the post:

Try navigating to steam settings in client, then to web browser settings, then delete web browser cache and delete web browser cookies, it fixed my pages from not loading.

JarrodL

Apparently, Kombat Pack 2 on Steam only requires 3 MB RAM, that's some impressive optimization right there.

A69EsjK.png

Uriah

Anyone else having issues with the steam community loading? Tried clearing the cache in the client, no luck there.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there might be something to DFO

JarrodL

pC63xo9.png

No lies detected.
(Subtle reminder that NepNep games are on sale... pretty much everywhere)

That's so not fair! I can name at least a few modern WRPGS where you can fight bad guys or persuade them, AND later get to choose to fuck them or not. Best of both worlds. Unless I misunderstand, and you're saying fucking is bad.

In which case,
spkyrll.gif

If you say so.

Got a question. So I got a GeForce GTX 980 Ti CLASSIFIED from amazon warehouse for $180.00 yesterday and was wondering if everything is fine and working, should I sell that and my gtx 970 that I currently have and put that towards a 1070/1080 or should I just keep the 980 ti for now and wait until next year for newer models?

neoemonk

Got a question. So I got a GeForce GTX 980 Ti CLASSIFIED from amazon warehouse for $180.00 yesterday and was wondering if everything is fine and working, should I sell that and my gtx 970 that I currently have and put that towards a 1070/1080 or should I just keep the 980 ti for now and wait until next year for newer models?

I'm super cheap so I would sell the 970 and ride that 980 out for two more years.

too many fools in here

Because it won't happen and even if it did, we have Steam Refunds.

Phawx

980Ti for $180 is max value. Wait for next gen cards.

That indiegala bundle looks too good too pass up (especially since I have none of them) but I do still need to buy the Dark Souls season pass at some point soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom