• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Kaleinc

Banned
Indeed. I'm sure that if only the artists and designers who made those costumes were made to work on the netcode instead, then that'd be fixed in no time.
I'm sure that if only instead of paying for 20 artists and designers capcom hired 2 guys to assist the local janitor whose responsibilities are also netcode and rootkits - to fix shit. Pipe dreams.

Tizoc

Vanquish is definitely a sure thing, but I'm not so sure that Charlesworth's tweet was a tease. Valkyria Chronicles was uploaded to Steam seven months prior to release and Lost World around a year, so I doubt Vanquish was uploaded two years ago now (more or less) and counting.

You bring up something interesting:
Initially SEGA had mainly planned for Lost World and V. Chronicles to be ported as part of their 1 game a year plans. After seeing how well V. Chronicles did they likely upped their porting plans, though I do ope we start seeing more than 1 game a year or if they plan on releasing multiple games over time.

Uriah

My steam client is acting weird. None of my game icons are showing up and neither are my friends list pictures. I've tried reinstalling steam and that didn't solve the issue. Any ideas?

Jawmuncher

Initially SEGA had mainly planned for Lost World and V. Chronicles to be ported as part of their 1 game a year plans. After seeing how well V. Chronicles did they likely upped their porting plans, though I do ope we start seeing more than 1 game a year or if they plan on releasing multiple games over time.

We're STILL waiting for the port for this year aren't we?

Uriah

Did you try restarting your PC?

Didn't work unfortunately. And when I try to sign into the store I get the error message that "There was an error communicating with the Steam servers. Please try again later."

Edit: I'm also having similar issues with accessing Steam using Chrome as well.

Edit 2: Alright its fixed. Have no idea what the fuck I did though.

Ascheroth

I sure hope we start seeing more than 1 per year. I understand that they don't want to release things too close to each other and their other games, but 1 port a year is not enough to cover half their stuff in a decent timeframe.

AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!
WHERE'S MY XANADU NEXT DAMNIT!
The most important question of them all!

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Sega just needs to give me its Xbox games. Those are the ones currently lost due to emulation not being up to scratch.

2 releases a year sounds better IMO; it's what Capcpom are doing.

AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!
WHERE'S MY XANADU NEXT DAMNIT!

1 release each quarter is a better thing imo.
But yeah, 2 a year would be an improvement. I just hope they bring something hype this year. Basically one of these:
Shenmue I/II, Skies of Arcadia, Virtua Fighter 5, Yakuza 3/4/5, Resonance of Fate, Vanquish, Bayonetta, Persona 3/4.

Anything else would be disappointing and counterproductive. I can understand the mistake with Sonic Lost World: caught if guard by VC's success, things were done. Ok. But now ? No excuse. If they're serious and have a clue about this strategy, they'll do the right thing or just fail hard.

Don't disappoint me SEGA. :")

And suddenly I have a Wii. Hmm, what to do.

Oh yeah, a place for all my Genesis and Neo George ROMs for starters.

Also, my wife asked unprompted if it did dancing. Why yes it does!

Nzyme32

Vanquish is definitely a sure thing, but I'm not so sure that Charlesworth's tweet was a tease. Valkyria Chronicles was uploaded to Steam seven months prior to release and Lost World around a year, so I doubt Vanquish was uploaded two years ago now (more or less) and counting.

There is a bit more of a hint there. On the same day (or the day before, can't remember), Kamiya was tweeting about his visit to Valve with Charlesworth, and retweeted the same comments about Sega bringing games over & that Vanquish tweet. It's possible that its something they discussed

xezuru

Fuck me sideways for fucking fuck fuck, died again to Yama just now, second time today! Fucking piece of devilish shite.

Spelunky is the gift that keeps on giving, I just found out there's a online coop mod that supposedly actually works, may be some day I'll finally get that coop achievement.

yuraya

Fuck me sideways for fucking fuck fuck, died again to Yama just now, second time today! Fucking piece of devilish shite.

Just shoot him with shotgun while jumping up n down once you get high enough from a distance far right. Just avoid not getting hit by debris. The fight is really not hard at all.

All hail our overlord of Neps:

header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/496810/

All three times I got to him now, I managed to destroy his hands without problems. His flying head-phase gets me every time. Debris is killing me! Either fall to spike (after the first time I blow those immediately up) or fall to lava. The moment I peek out of cover to shoot or throw a bomb debris gets me, every damn time.

xezuru

All three times I got to him now, I managed to destroy his hands without problems. His flying head-phase gets me every time. Debris is killing me! Either fall to spike (after the first time I blow those immediately up) or fall to lava. The moment I peek out of cover to shoot or throw a bomb debris gets me, every damn time.

If lava is THAT much of a problem, you can gamble by blowing up the top of the Vlad vampire tower for his Fire immunity pendant in the first level of hell.*

If lava is THAT much of a problem, you can gamble by killing Vlad vampire for his Fire immunity pendant in the first level of hell.
I refrained from extra risks while going for Yama but three misfires might be a sign for a change of plans, you're right.

yuraya

I refrained from extra risks while going for Yama but three misfires might be a sign for a change of plans, you're right.

Its not worth risking the entire run by going at him with bombs n shit. Or messing with fire. Just cheese him. Kill those 2 at the start and go right and up immediately. Once you get high enough to be on a near horizontal level with him..shoot him like 5-6 times from a distance with shotgun n that should do it. You don't have to be anywhere near him. Sometimes debris will kill you but overall that method has like 75% success rate.

Osiris: New Dawn is really fun and surprisingly polished for such an early build of an early access game. It's really pretty too, I turned down the music and put on the Interstellar soundtrack which made it that much better.

dimmer

It seems that the latest win10 update makes my cpu fan spin full speed and its driving me crazy.Before coming to this conclusion I took out the fan, cleaned it out,applied new thermal paste and unistalled the update. It wasn't so noisy for a while but windows updated again and the pc is back to turbo jet noise levels mode. Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom