• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

BasilZero

What do you guys think the chances of another steam helpdesk leak like leak occurring from last year in this year?

It seems like that leak was pretty on to point (except for the Half-Life 3 name drop l0l).

Deques

What do you guys think the chances of another steam helpdesk leak like leak occurring from last year in this year?

It seems like that leak was pretty on to point (except for the Half-Life 3 name drop l0l).

If Valve does learn things from their past mistakes there will be not another helpdesk leak this year.
Btw, why are you even asking like that there were yearly leaks?

Tizoc

Hl3 is a work in progress but i agree we need a new leak

My mouse is starting to do things it's not supposed to do, it registers double clicks on single click and scrolling down with scroll wheel also scrolls up

What mouse do you guys recommend? I am using Steelseries Sensei

Logitech G900 Chaos Spectrum 💯💯💯

Mankind Divided was really solid.

Putting you in the midst of segregation tension that could have a global ripple effect was a fresh, smart take on establishing the noir atmosphere. They took the previous game's isolated self-centered approach, *I* never asked for this, and outsourced it. *We* never asked for this. The layers you pull back in the plot expand on the idea of global repercussion. It reminds you how anachronistic the concept of nation borders are in an increasingly globalized world.

The skills are, for the most part, balanced. The only part where I really felt OP was at the very end. I specced for getting Ghost when possible and I almost never used my health or energy packs. So, I was able to pop a noise cancelling skill and an invisibility one to just speed through an entire section of the game by constantly refilling my energy bar.

The ending was open-ended enough to continue the world but not make the boring error of being a simple cliffhanger. Your choices are followed through to show their impact.

SQYupZe.png

Steven Universe production crew keeps winning.
There was a new episode???

Phawx

I can understand Valve wanting to automate as much of the things that things can be automated.

And I can also understand Valve not wanting to implement a manual call service center that is more concerned with closing tickets than helping people. But just because you can't get a good solution working as you want doesn't mean you do nothing.

So this is something I propose, find out how much it would cost roughly if you hired a call service center that is more focused on closing tickets than helping customers, per customer that has a problem.

Let's say that it's $5. So how bout you don't contract that company out and instead when a customer has a shitty time on your service, Valve deposties $10 in steam wallet money into the person's account. (this system could also be automated so that it prunes people from trying bogus customer service requests)

So now a person has a $10 credit that is only used for goods and services within the Steam store. From Valve's point of view, if they bought something that was exactly worth $10, Valve spent $7 to keep a customer happy. But let's say that customer turns around and takes that $10 and buys something for $50. That means Valve made $5 and made a customer happy.

Any opinions on Steelseries Rival 100? I am not really looking into a too expensive mouse. I rarely play games with a mouse anyway
I have an original Rival and it performs very well. The rubber grip is wearing away under my fingertips though. I don't remember if the 100 does away with the rubber. Also I have big hands and would get a bigger mouse next time.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I can understand Valve wanting to automate as much of the things that things can be automated.

And I can also understand Valve not wanting to implement a manual call service center that is more concerned with closing tickets than helping people. But just because you can't get a good solution working as you want doesn't mean you do nothing.

So this is something I propose, find out how much it would cost roughly if you hired a call service center that is more focused on closing tickets than helping customers, per customer that has a problem.

Let's say that it's $5. So how bout you don't contract that company out and instead when a customer has a shitty time on your service, Valve deposties $10 in steam wallet money into the person's account. (this system could also be automated so that it prunes people from trying bogus customer service requests)

So now a person has a $10 credit that is only used for goods and services within the Steam store. From Valve's point of view, if they bought something that was exactly worth $10, Valve spent $7 to keep a customer happy. But let's say that customer turns around and takes that $10 and buys something for $50. That means Valve made $5 and made a customer happy.

That's not a bad idea, and it's something other companies do all the time. I had an issue with a purchase on PSN a few months ago and in addition to correcting the problem, Sony also gave me a $10 credit. I was happy.

But I was happy was not just because I got the $10 - I was happy first and foremost because the matter was resolved quickly (in a matter of minutes after contacting customer support) rather than a couple of weeks. If this had been an issue with Steam (for example, that couldn't be resolved with their regular customer service automation tools) then even if I received $10 as compensation, I would still be upset since it took them weeks or months to resolve. Maybe less upset, but still upset.

The idea of "buying customer goodwill" is all well and good, but it doesn't get to the heart of the issue. Not only that but as soon as word got out that people with shitty customer service experiences were being compensated with Steam wallet cash, I can only imagine their support queues increasing, further exacerbating the problem of them delivering timely support.

rdytoroll

Did anyone buy Mafia 3 yet? Which site did you use? The price on Cdkeys or GMG is damn good, but I feel like this game will drop in price rapidly after release

Nzyme32

Seems owners of MKX get MKXL for free as part of the transition, unless I'm missing something - - seems the Kombat Packs are not including, so it probably isn't labelled correctly

Did anyone buy Mafia 3 yet? Which site did you use? The price on Cdkeys or GMG is damn good, but I feel like this game will drop in price rapidly after release

I actually bought it straight from Steam. Not certain the game will be well done just yet, so the refund option was worth the extra £5

rdytoroll

I actually bought it straight from Steam. Not certain the game will be well done just yet, so the refund option was worth the extra £5

Not a bad idea, but I feel like with Open World games you often don't encounter bugs until after a few hours of play

Seems owners of MKX get MKXL for free as part of the transition, unless I'm missing something - - seems the Kombat Packs are not including, so it probably isn't labelled correctly

Yeah everyone who owns MKX will be transitioned to MKXL for free but will only get the improved netcode and the balance patch. You have to buy the Kombat Packs separately in order to get the 8 new characters that were dlc in the game. I think its $12.49 for both packs and $9.99 for pack 2.

Durante

Whenever I hear people talking about their mice that were released ~5 years (or more) after I bought mine breaking I get more happy that this G5 seems to last forever.

BasilZero

If Valve does learn things from their past mistakes there will be not another helpdesk leak this year.
Btw, why are you even asking like that there were yearly leaks?

Not asking like there were yearly leaks :p - just excited thats all! Holiday time is my favorite time of the year - something crazy almost always happens every year. Like that one price mistake that occurred where everything was like $18 (I think from Walmart?) and the steam helpdesk leak from last year.

Hl3 is a work in progress but i agree we need a new leak

I't'll release....in the year 3000 ;(

Uzzy

would u mind explaining why?

game looks cool but would like to know what's cool about it from someone that liked it

Sure. So the main thing that drives Oxenfree into GOTY territory for me is the very innovative way they handle dialogue. Rather than being locked in place and picking options, you get to walk and talk with the other characters, interupt them at anytime and even walk away entirely, and the game actually responds to your actions. It's the most natural method of delivering dialogue that I've seen, and works really well.

The dialogue and story itself I also enjoyed. It's very drawn from the same wellspring as countless other teen/coming of age dramas. If you enjoyed the characters and drama from Life is Strange, then Oxenfree will satisfy. As for the story, it's a good eerie tale, with odd, weird things happening to the characters.

The only real downside I can think of is that you have to repeat traversing over parts of the island a couple of times towards the end of the game, and there's no way to speed up movement. The length might also be an issue, it's pretty short, but given how little it is this week that shouldn't be a big problem. I thought it was a pretty tightly paced short story, that told its tale in a good time and finished. Of course, if you're really concerned about that, then there's a new game plus mode.

Nzyme32

Correct me if I am wrong but isn't an upside down Cross seen as one being VERY devoted to Christianity?

Both that and the opposite

"The Cross of St. Peter or Petrine Cross is an inverted Latin cross traditionally used as a Christian symbol, but in recent times also used as an Anti-Christian symbol."

yuraya

I've had Outlast in my backlog for a while now. I might give it a try come time Halloween.

Kind of disappointed there is an Outlast 2 tho. Isn't it a spoiler for Outlast 1? It means the character was able to outlast the baddies...right? I guess you will be outlasting them again.

I've had Outlast in my backlog for a while now. I might give it a try come time Halloween.

Kind of disappointed there is an Outlast 2 tho. Isn't it a spoiler for Outlast 1? It means the character was able to outlast the baddies...right? I guess you will be outlasting them again.
Well now you spoiled me. Not that I care.

Horror movie sequels are full of returning bad guys and not returning survivors.

Stall19

Geez, 85GB for Mortal Kombat XL? Ummm *looks at SSD* Well I guess this will go on my HHD. There's no need to use an SSD for fighting games is there?

rtcn63

I fingertip grip, so I'm pretty much limited to laptop mice and stuff like the discontinued Cooler Master Spawn. The CM Xornet II is the successor to the Spawn spec-wise:

350x700px-LL-8ff71edb_fSmmGrs.jpeg

AHA-Lambda

Aragami is out now, 10% launch discount

Priced now at £13.49, which is probably like $3 now with the way Brexit is fucking us up now

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
It's telling me 85GB to install in my steam library. Is that some kinda mistake?

the "required size" is mostly way bigger than the real size... it will show like 40GB in the download progress bar...

its possible that you still need more space to install and use it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom