• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
only been a few days and those FH3 codes people got for $20 from Target are getting closer to the $50 mark for buying here in BST...that didn't take long

kagamin

only been a few days and those FH3 codes people got for $20 from Target are getting closer to the $50 mark for buying here in BST...that didn't take long

Jeeez, I got lucky ordering one as soon as the thread went up probably.
eRuKQHD.jpg

Sure. So the main thing that drives Oxenfree into GOTY territory for me is the very innovative way they handle dialogue. Rather than being locked in place and picking options, you get to walk and talk with the other characters, interupt them at anytime and even walk away entirely, and the game actually responds to your actions. It's the most natural method of delivering dialogue that I've seen, and works really well.

This completely goes to shit when dialogs have trigger points. You could be walking along a scene listening to someone speak and walk past the invisible trigger and suddenly their dialogue cuts off and gets replaced by another dialogue audio file. It stops mid sentence and a new file starts playing. Totally breaks immersion.

Ugh that's at least 10 GB too much.

I really hate how games are getting bloated in GB :/ It's bad enough with Wolf TNO and OB.

I cant wait until next generation where the average AAA game is 150-200 GB on average and indie games become the new 30-40 GB games :/

Any opinions on Steelseries Rival 100? I am not really looking into a too expensive mouse. I rarely play games with a mouse anyway
I have this mouse, and it's probably my favorite of the ones I've owned so far. Nothing complicated, and it feels great on any genere of games I play.

Are the Atari Flashbacks Classics that just launched on PS4/One just the Atari Vault that launched on steam earlier in the year for twice the price or are there differences?

Eila

As a person who definitely doesn't have time to play that especially with an impending Civ release, I am very excited that the ports for Disgaea are coming quickly. I wonder if the eventual goal will get to get all of them on Steam?

As long as it sells I'm sure they do.
And I don't think they're that quick. 11 months per game is decent I guess but fast would be something like Neptunia. They catched up with the releases of the main series and have been steadily porting the spinoffs. They practically ran out of games to bring to steam.

Teggy

Aragami seems real good so far. Some minor camera quibbles - it could use an actual cover mechanic so you can peek around corners. Definitely challenging at first with the limited abilities. I will leave no kill/all kill attempts for later.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Valve needs to stop putting out shit that can misinterpreted as trailheads for ARGs

The Robot sale banner changes to this occasionally

MRRzPhV.png

The bottom red binary translates to 'HELP'

Got a question. So I got a GeForce GTX 980 Ti CLASSIFIED from amazon warehouse for $180.00 yesterday and was wondering if everything is fine and working, should I sell that and my gtx 970 that I currently have and put that towards a 1070/1080 or should I just keep the 980 ti for now and wait until next year for newer models?

Late reply but this is a killer deal. Did you just scope the deals and get lucky? Or is there some way to set a notification?

Ascheroth

As a person who definitely doesn't have time to play that especially with an impending Civ release, I am very excited that the ports for Disgaea are coming quickly. I wonder if the eventual goal will get to get all of them on Steam?

NISA seem to have found good enough success on Steam alrady, considering all their ports this year.

Disgaea 1 in February
Firefly Diary in May
Phantom Brave in July
Yomawari coming in October, which is even day and date with the Vita release.

Hektor

is a really cool and unique action game from the developers of Zeno Clash, narrated as a making-of of a 50's Sci-fi Trash movie.
And it is at it's historical lowest price point.
Go get it.

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Any hints on what we can expect from todays bundle?

What Transformers game (aside from Devastation, it's not my cup of tea) is best? Or should I go through them in order (and what order is that?)

Also, Hard Reset 90% off is surely a mistake no?

EDIT: And everyone who hasn't so far should get Binary Domain..

Dario ff

Banned
I spotted The Talos Principle at 75% off today.

I picked this up on its sale a few weeks ago along with the DLC and found it incredibly enjoyable (just finished the DLC). This seems like a classic that while very well reviewed, it just doesn't seem to be owned by many people. Definitely got 40 very fun hours out of it.

Wok

12 min before Humble weekly disappointment?

Atlas Reactor is out. It looks like a F2P mix of Duelyst and Frozen Synapse.

Viking Squad too:

Xanathus

What Transformers game (aside from Devastation, it's not my cup of tea) is best? Or should I go through them in order (and what order is that?)

Also, Hard Reset 90% off is surely a mistake no?

EDIT: And everyone who hasn't so far should get Binary Domain..

The Cybertron games are awesome, though I like the 1st one more than the 2nd.

Tizoc

TF Devastation is on sale for 75% off, grab it if you haven't yet! Or if you have a PS4 try it out and if you like it grab it off Steam.

Sober

Well it's a cheap way to get basically all of COH 1 and 2, as I'm pretty sure it's like 20 or 30 bucks alone on a Steam sale.

Anno

I've heard enough good things about Ardennes Assault, so I'll give that tier a shake. Seems like plenty of content for the price.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
oh hey robot sale

which of the transformers games in Steam are worth the purchase? if multiple, pls rank them

GUN-NAC

I feel like they've gone to this well at least five times by now

Yeah, the CoH2 Master Collection has already been included in bigger Sega bundles at $15. The OST and skins don't add much value... no extra Commanders either (dlc for more tactical options in MP) but that's no surprise. It's still a good deal, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom