• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

shockdude

Wait! Has my paid DoA5 turned into an f2p version? I don't see that I own any of the character dlcs

Is this the best value to get most of the costume packs?
http://store.steampowered.com/app/533560/?snr=1_5_1100__1100
I just checked my copy of the game, and it remains the "Full" version. I do see all the characters and Story Mode in my DLCs.

There are way too many DLC costumes, and the cost of the costume bundles means there's no way to buy specific costumes in an efficient manner.
KT ought to go full Train Simulator and release all the costumes as individual purchaseables, coupled with a bigger variety of costume bundle discounts.

But first they need to add actual online lobbies, since they apparently still haven't added that to the game.

Now that GMG stopped offering those discount codes GameBillet might very well be the best alternative to it in this sense. Just bought the Dark Souls 3 Season Pass for 18.34€ from their UK store using the GBITADUK20 coupon.

kagamin

I've never been much of an Ayane or Kasumi player, I'd rather play Ein or Hitomi tbh, maybe I should just buy Hitomi lol.

Nillansan

Vanquish is definitely a sure thing, but I'm not so sure that Charlesworth's tweet was a tease. Valkyria Chronicles was uploaded to Steam seven months prior to release and Lost World around a year, so I doubt Vanquish was uploaded two years ago now (more or less) and counting.

I considered Charlesworth's tweet as a tease as it was made shortly after Inaba was spotted at Valve. How time flies, I didn't realise that it was 2 years ago.

Anteater

kClhWkA.jpg

shaq fu has been rated

Deques

I got two homes to spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Home -- MB-087B4B48B2A72655 - Taken by data
Home #2 -- MB-B60B6E06823ED609 - Taken by Frustrated_Grunt

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Survarium Scavenger Set -- MB-C0324DE83DF78C88

Tizoc

You're missing out fam, Early Access has been amazing.

One of the many problems with Valve's open structure is they can take a long time to make necessary changes that much of their staff probably look down on as beneath their abilities.

Did you count those games that you purchased during the EA period and have sense released?
No ty the tasmainian tiger grief? You disappoint me

Nzyme32

If you cherry pick a bit, yes. In an ocean of EA games, some must surely be good.

That is the point though - it is a platform for experimentation and highly iterative development. It is utter stupidity to assume that such a platform should produce a greater amount of successes than failures. Ultimately such an optional system, already clearly identified as something dubious, selling incomplete products with no assurance of completion, has been doing perfectly well as an open system in reveal great ideas and games that otherwise would not exist or release in such an improved state over their original ideas. I couldn't give two shits that a lot are failures or don't even leave early access when I am not inclined to buy them, not forced too, and free to choose and explore what I feel are reasonable or even avoid the system altogether in favour of waiting for finished products

fantomena

That is the point though - it is a platform for experimentation and highly iterative development. It is utter stupidity to assume that such a platform should produce a greater amount of successes than failures. Ultimately such an optional system, already clearly identified as something dubious, selling incomplete products with no assurance of completion, has been doing perfectly well as an open system in reveal great ideas and games that otherwise would not exist or release in such an improved state over their original ideas. I couldn't give two shits that a lot are failures or don't even leave early access when I am not inclined to buy them, not forced too, and free to choose and explore what I feel are reasonable or even avoid the system altogether in favour of waiting for finished products

I agreed somewhat, but I feel there must be some sort of limitations.

Bundlejunk reviews:

Runner style game where you, the Shaman, lead your tribe across various landscapes to survive. For some reason this tribe never though to settle down anywhere and is continually on the move. The controls couldn't be any simpler, use the left and right mouse buttons to split your group into smaller groups and recombine them to rundown more 'lanes' and tackle more obstacles.

Your Shaman controls the tribe and as he runs longer he gets more abilites starting with an empty hand to gather berries, spears to kill animals for food and fire to see in the dark and scare away viscous animals. If your Shaman dies on a run a new one is elected but you have to start from scratch ability wise. Food is massively important in the game, if you run out members of the tribe start dying and if you run out of tribesman game over, and the last two abilities allow you sacrifice tribesman to lessen the rate of food usage or convert excess food to add to the tribes numbers.

Great little game.

Swap hexagonal tiles to make a path from the power source to the receiver. You can't just swap any old tile, your active paths must be touching the ones you swap, sometimes even twice. This means the quickest way might look like the easiest but that might limit your choices you have for tiles. Heaps of levels and it will probably take a while but great so far.

Tizoc

A new 2D platformer is releasing soon on Steam titled Shu
header.jpg

Hope it's good as I'm pretty interested in getting it.

Whatever bad things I said about Grim Dawn, I take back. They've made a lot of smart improvements to the ARPG formula... and with the right build, I finally understand.

It's really fun, y'all. Believe it!

Xanathus

Aragami Review Thread is up
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=218997800

Seems about OK as far as review scores go, but it reminded me that I need to play Mark of the Ninja already.

It's interesting and I've put it on my wishlist, but it's fishy how the gameplay trailers and screenshots mostly show a single level. Definitely need to wait for user review impressions to know how much actual content there is to the game or it could turn out to be like that recently released indie co-op roguelike game.

Enjoy:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Squarecells -- MB-6B8877C24DE3DAB2 - Taken by Diedac. 12 entrants total.

t1475591640z1.png

Can someone please help me remember a title of a game I saw on Steam last year? Here's all the info I remember:

I believe it was a Half Life 2 mod or based on the source engine.
It's first person.
You're a earthquake or natural disaster inspector or something similar.
Main gameplay is exploring an old facility and photographing or marking areas of damage that need to be repaired.
I don't believe there's any enemies.

Anyone know what game I'm talking about?

Can someone please help me remember a title of a game I saw on Steam last year? Here's all the info I remember:

It's first person.
Main gameplay is exploring an old facility and photographing or marking areas of damage that need to be repaired.

Viscera cleanup detail? maybe?

lol ningen

It's first person.

Durante

I was about to post something very similar.

I still think it's basically the same divergence of opinions as with "curation" in general. What others might perceive as "cherry-picking" I call exercising your own judgement, and what an absence of high barriers of entry allows you to do is select from a larger set. Conversely, curation and restrictions prevent you from making some choices -- those might well be mostly "bad" choices, but there might also be a few among them that you want to make. And then you are left without options.

Deques

My mouse is starting to do things it's not supposed to do, it registers double clicks on single click and scrolling down with scroll wheel also scrolls up

What mouse do you guys recommend? I am using Steelseries Sensei

jediyoshi

My mouse is starting to do things it's not supposed to do, it registers double clicks on single click and scrolling down with scroll wheel also scrolls up

I also use a Sensei and can confirm that the mouse wheel is made of actual garbage. Trying to edit video without a mouse wheel is torture.

rtcn63

Try cleaning or blowing into it

I got the Logitech G303 as an impulse buy during a Best Buy sale. Probably a little small for some but I like it.

Kudo

Exact symptoms my Sensei had. I'm getting Logitech G403 myself next, seems good and has the best sensor on market.

Deques

Any opinions on Steelseries Rival 100? I am not really looking into a too expensive mouse. I rarely play games with a mouse anyway

Anteater

that nemesis system in mordor is ok but interrogating gets tiring, since the fuckers keep respawning, i'm at the second map and the game is alright

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom