• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Nice, Deadly Tower of Monsters is on sale. I fell in love with that killer b, claymation, love fest vertical game months ago when I saw it on a stream and now I can finally play it after forgetting for so long.

A friend of mine had a review copy and loved it and after playing a little bit, I am loving the look of it. No basic jump and stuff is odd in the game though. That game being Aragami. The UI takes a cue from both Mark of the Ninja and Dishonered as well. Which is funny but, yeah I do get Tenchu vibes but, unlike Tenchu (at least later ones) you get caught once and you are pretty much dead.

It also proves that just because it is made in Unity doesn't mean it runs like poop.

Grief.exe

oh hey robot sale

which of the transformers games in Steam are worth the purchase? if multiple, pls rank them

SteamGAF consensus is you need to own War for Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron, and Devastation.

Full disclosure, the Transformers franchise has the possibility of being dropped at the end of Activision's fiscal year (Jan 1st).

Haven't bought a Humble Bundle since April. I guess it was inevitable with their monthly bundles. They also seem to be focusing on their store as well.

Why are we suddenly thinking the Transformers games are going to get delisted? Devastation has already been this price before and we've got more films coming so I wouldn't have thought Activision would want to dump the license yet.

Slightly Magic is on Steam...I can't remember the last time nostalgia hit me so hard.

u8b_NbNYyz29cFbopR8Tz1YWUOc_TEjLdDowQW4DPpFxTLTtwzeZusgd30Zy_qktqg=h310

BasilZero

SteamGAF consensus is you need to own War for Cybertron, Fall of Cybertron, and Devastation.

Full disclosure, the Transformers franchise has the possibility of being dropped at the end of Activision's fiscal year (Jan 1st).

Is Devastation in any way related story wise to the other two or can it be played standalone?

Drayco21

War/Fall of Cybertron and Devastation are so, so good. Even non-Transformers fans shouldn't sleep on them.

Is Devastation in any way related story wise to the other two or can it be played standalone?

Devastation is self contained based more on the G1 cartoon. The Cybertron shooters are their own continuity that crazy people still pretend link to the current cartoon Canon.

Jawmuncher

Probably a ways off still, if it gets delisted it would be in December, and it would probably get a better sale imo

Activision didn't even go past 75% off when dead pool was getting delisted.
It was everywhere else that had coupons that let you get it cheaper back then.

Tizoc

oh hey robot sale

which of the transformers games in Steam are worth the purchase? if multiple, pls rank them

Curiously enough, have you watched Transformers Robots in Disguise 2015 series?
It's a sequel to the Prime cartoon but does it's own thing.

Amzin

Of the Cybertron games, I felt like the 2nd basically improved upon everything in the first, if you can only get one for some reason. But they're both fine games.

I'm a super Transformers fanboy though so grain of salt. I eventually will pick up the apparently not good 3rd one just to Transformer more

Jalal

Well it's a cheap way to get basically all of COH 1 and 2, as I'm pretty sure it's like 20 or 30 bucks alone on a Steam sale.

I too would like to know this.

Does this include everything from CoH2? I already have CoH1 + expansions.

Aaron D.

Huh.

Thought I had my Oct. spooky game covered with Oxenfree ($5).

Now it looks like I've got a (slapstick) partner in crime to join along...Deadly Tower of Monsters ($5).

Sweet.

vermadas

Huh, didn't notice that Total Annihilation was on Steam. Looks like it's been there almost a year too. Bought, along with Oxenfree.

GUN-NAC

I too would like to know this.

Does this include everything from CoH2? I already have CoH1 + expansions.

It's everything apart from minor stuff like skins, etc. It also includes the (overpowered?) Fox Company Rangers DLC for the Ardennes Assault campaign, I don't think the CoH2 Master Collection comes with that.

dex3108

I played Outlast 2 Demo tonight on PS4 and for somebody who never played Outlast this demo was more creepy than scary for me. And also reminded me why I don't like these kind of games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HowardRoark, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

MORNINGSTAR: DESCENT TO DEADROCK -- MB-CBD540AC691299E7 - Taken by gurm3n. 5 entrants total.
Insurgency -- MB-6922C9F9111DCF8B
Contagion -- MB-8FA7581DF06E6F57
COGNITION: AN ERICA REED THRILLER -- MB-C21A466828C82465 - Taken by Mikurden. 4 entrants total.
Punch Club -- MB-B967A989B5CE80B3 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 18 entrants total.
The Masterplan -- MB-970510222857232D - Taken by laserlaser. 4 entrants total.

t1475620645z1.png

Good luck friends!

Jalal

It's everything apart from minor stuff like skins, etc. It also includes the (overpowered?) Fox Company Rangers DLC for the Ardennes Assault campaign, I don't think the CoH2 Master Collection comes with that.

Thanks. I might bite on the 10$ tier then.

Ack! I didn't realize there was a newer 1000s RPG than the ones in the Gala bundle. 5089

Heart & Slash looks cool.
Looks like the next Ubisoft offering is going to be Beyond Good and Evil. The new thumbnail says 2435 which was the year BG&E took place I guess.

This is good news! I hadn't picked BGaE yet.

Any opinions on Steelseries Rival 100? I am not really looking into a too expensive mouse. I rarely play games with a mouse anyway

I looked it up and the Rival 100 still has the rubber sides. Here's my now-called 300.
Bni3ezU.jpg

I would not be at all surprised if the rubber wears through before any other part dies. I don't know what I'll do then. Hrm.

Anyone knows how the card glitch works? Usually I can get the first card of every game by pressing skip, but after that it wont work anymore. If I press skip after I got the first card drop by using the glitch, nothing happens.

Aaron D.

How is the Atari Vault collection?

It's okaaaay.

Better than the most recent Atari collections on consoles, who's library sorting was a complete mess.

Unfortunately, the more vintage collections I buy, the more I realize that they're just not that fun without the original controllers. Most of the games are decent with a 360 pad. But a lot just flat out don't work well at all (i.e. paddle controller games, etc.).

I guess I'll keep buying them as I grew up with 2600 & Intellivision. And they are neat for a nostalgic shot in the arm. But sometimes you can't go home again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom