• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

of course id sell it for that amount but there's no realiable to do so afaik

someone would have to give their offer first etc

Do I need a lawyer?

ge8oqzv.png

No, seriously, what is this? Never heard of it.

Yeah, it's just that I've never heard of the game.

I've been part of a few betas before, none of them have been revoked like this.

There is no need to revoke most betas, but some developers hand out keys that become the full game on release. It's weird that they chose to revoke this one, since the beta was a separate app, but I guess they thought "better safe than sorry"

Arthea

I got it revoked too, Smash and grab I mean, and that's very strange, as a reason given was because of problems with payment. Or do they always give the same reason?

I'm super cheap so I would sell the 970 and ride that 980 out for two more years.

980Ti for $180 is max value. Wait for next gen cards.

Yeah that seems like the best course of action. thanks for the replies.
Late reply but this is a killer deal. Did you just scope the deals and get lucky? Or is there some way to set a notification?

I guess I was lucky. My friend was looking for a cheap PS4 this past weekend on amazon warehouse and told me that there was cheaper then usual stuff on there. Browsed around a little bit and found it with only one left in stock. Thank goodness for 1 click settings.

Hektor

Bought Steamworld Dig,
played a bit of Steamworld Dig
Oh, finished Steamworld Dig.

I was just 10 minutes over getting the speedrunning achievement, and i didn't even tried to actually get that one.

So eh, decided to finally play through the first two Witcher games before getting Witcher 3 since the GOTY Edition wasn't on sale. TW1 seems pretty good so far. Does that mean I can expect TW2 and 3 to be bloody amazing then if they're improvements over the first?

Anyway, place ye bets: Which'll be announced first? Sega's 2016 PC port, or The NX?

I'm going with the former. NX is a no-show lol. Guess a more valuable bet would be which game Sega's porting then. I'll go with either Vanquish or Valkyria Chronicles 2. As much as I'd prefer JSRF.

Is there a reason why some store pages don't show how long a game is on sale for? It's kind of annoying that I have to check the main Steam store page to see what sales the game could be part of to see how much longer it will be on sale.

So eh, decided to finally play through the first two Witcher games before getting Witcher 3 since the GOTY Edition wasn't on sale. TW1 seems pretty good so far. Does that mean I can expect TW2 and 3 to be bloody amazing then if they're improvements over the first?

Definitely. TW1 has very bad combat that drags it down. It's very fun overall though, with some great characters, quests, and consequences. There are some great callbacks in the later games that you can only appreciate having played TW1.

I still remember the first time the witchers split off, after the intro boss battle. I 100% expected to meet up with all the different witchers, in different cities across the globe, and get together at the end in a grand finale. But it was even better than I imagined.

Anyways, if you enjoy TW1 already, TW2 and TW3 will be amazing for you. They make great improvements on the formula.

Tellaerin

Definitely. TW1 has very bad combat that drags it down. It's very fun overall though, with some great characters, quests, and consequences. There are some great callbacks in the later games that you can only appreciate having played TW1.

I really wanted to get into the Witcher games, but I gave up on the first one before I got too far in because of the combat. I'd love to play through it (and move on to TW2), but that battle system really left me cold. Are there any mods out there that revamp combat into something a little less... rhythm game-ish? : / (Probably not, but I figure it can't hurt to ask around.)

I really wanted to get into the Witcher games, but I gave up on the first one before I got too far in because of the combat. I'd love to play through it (and move on to TW2), but that battle system really left me cold. Are there any mods out there that revamp combat into something a little less... rhythm game-ish? : / (Probably not, but I figure it can't hurt to ask around.)

Full Combat Rebalance by, IIRC, a dev that went on to become a lead combat designer for 2 and maybe 3. I really liked it, and completed the game a second time with it installed. It should work with the final GOG version of TW1; not sure about Steam.

Compared to regular, FCR makes encounters a bit faster, deadlier, and more dodge-oriented. It doesn't turn it into a completely different game or anything, but it's a series of very intelligent tweaks that makes the combat more engaging. One think to note is that FCR will be harder if you haven't played much of the original, but so long as you read the explanation readmes that come with it you should be OK.

As I recall, towards the end FCR really shone, in the sense that it was tougher, but more rewarding to get through encounters.

Were it not harder and a bit less explained, I'd recommend everyone use it on their first TW1 runthrough, 'cause FCR was a definite improvement over the default combat. There was also a TW2 overhaul by, I think, the same dude, but I've never used it.

Tellaerin

Full Combat Rebalance by, IIRC, a dev that went on to become a lead combat designer for 2 and maybe 3. I really liked it, and completed the game a second time with it installed. It should work with the final GOG version of TW1; not sure about Steam.

Compared to regular, FCR makes encounters a bit faster, deadlier, and more dodge-oriented. It doesn't turn it into a completely different game or anything, but it's a series of very intelligent tweaks that makes the combat more engaging. One think to note is that FCR will be harder if you haven't played much of the original, but so long as you read the explanation readmes that come with it you should be OK.

As I recall, towards the end FCR really shone, in the sense that it was tougher, but more rewarding to get through encounters.

Were it not harder and a bit less explained, I'd recommend everyone use it on their first TW1 runthrough, 'cause FCR was a definite improvement over the default combat. There was also a TW2 overhaul by, I think, the same dude, but I've never used it.

Thanks for the heads up! This sounds like exactly what I was looking for.

Jawmuncher

Time to go back and finish the first game I guess, lol.

That's what I did earlier. Used a save that I had left at like 75%. Since surprisingly I remembered the game pretty well still. Compared to even stuff I played this year that I've already forgotten.

Corpekata

Banned
It's sort of baffling to me that Dragon Quest Builders isn't launching on Steam. Like I don't even care for that type of game, but it's such an obvious fit for PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom