• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, for those that have played it: What does Dead Rising 2: Case West add and does it tie into Off the Record? I'm not sure I want to hunt down a 360 to play that for like 2 hours and then go straight to Off the Record for more covering wars, ya know!?

Volimar

Bite on it gently.

3kziTul.gif

shockdude

Isn't that the game with the obscenely priced dlc? Didn't realize that was F2P, makes sense though.
Heck yeah it is. The DLC is expensive because each DLC is a costume bundle with a ton of costumes, and KT won't sell costumes individually for some reason.
DOA5 is a full fighting game, but it had a F2P version on consoles for the longest time. The F2P version got ported to PC a couple days ago.

Lain

Cally's Caves 3 is pretty fun and its $1.39 now. It has been 99 cents before but its pretty fun so I think it will be fine for that price. Spent 2 hours on it today.

Let me quote this post because Vazra is totally right, Cally's Caves is good fun.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
are the two Cybertron games different from each other or are they the same in "gameplay" that owning the most recent one is better buck?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Isn't that the game with the obscenely priced dlc? Didn't realize that was F2P, makes sense though.

F2P rotates. You can pay like $20 to get all the characters and play online/versus offline with no need to play the story. The story is like a $30 add-on. :/

The costume outfits is where they highway robbery you since they bundled everything on Steam and made it cost like $800 total. :/ You don't need any of that, though.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
are the two Cybertron games different from each other or are they the same in "gameplay" that owning the most recent one is better buck?

Besides Fall being a sequel story wise, it's much more varied and has you switching between characters often with different focuses of game play (some you fly, some you run and gun, some you cover and shoot, etc) as opposed to War being essential two short campaigns (Autobot and Decepticon) that were mostly the same third person style. I would say they are two different experiences, enough to warrant getting both.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is new:

accountalert1mgsrf.jpg

accountalert2xrsnj.jpg

No more scary, red notification that causes you to assume you did something horribly wrong.

Go by the size in the Download section. This is likely similar to how PS3 handles downloads.

The install size is what the game takes up when unpacked. The download size is smaller due to compression, not because it's actually how much space the game requires.

Windows Store is still a mess. I've tried multiple times to preload GoW4, but it won't let me, even though the latest Win10 patch was suppose to fix any download problems.

So, for those that have played it: What does Dead Rising 2: Case West add and does it tie into Off the Record? I'm not sure I want to hunt down a 360 to play that for like 2 hours and then go straight to Off the Record for more covering wars, ya know!?

The cliffhanger ending (not the best ending) of DR2 is actually the canon one, so Case West is the actual end to the story. It does not tie into Off the Record, since OTR is not canon.

You have Chuck and Frank teaming up at all times, and if you're playing alone you get AI-controlled Frank. Basically you get to run around a very different kind of setting, fight new enemies, and make new combo weapons. And you start at level 40 so you can do some fun stuff right away.

Did MKXL get renamed back to MKX while I was asleep?

EDIT - Apparently it did. Those weirdos.

Random bit of news. If you just got Twitch Prime as a part of your regular Prime subscription, you can get a free copy of Nuclear Throne by subscribing to the Vlambeer Twitch channel with your monthly token and then linking your Twitch account on the Nuclear Throne website.

Pixieking

Banned
Reminder and question:

The Wasteland 3 Fig Campaign goes live in 7 hours and 20-odd minutes.

How does Fig work? Not used it before. Can I pledge using Paypal?

Cally's Caves 3 is pretty fun and its $1.39 now. It has been 99 cents before but its pretty fun so I think it will be fine for that price. Spent 2 hours on it today.

Played through it recently, and it is pretty good all the way through. You even get to play as a bear-cub that does martial arts, and that's a plus in my book. Definitely worth picking up at that price.

It does suffer from some minor issues, IMO, namely that you have to mash the fire-button with most weapons to get a reasonable rate of fire (luckily I found that the Steam-controller supports auto-fire before I got a RSI), and that there are simply too many weapons, must of which are not very useful in most situations. I also didn't like that the dodge mechanic requires you to stand still, which makes much more finicky and much less useful than it could otherwise have been.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Reminder and question:

The Wasteland 3 Fig Campaign goes live in 7 hours and 20-odd minutes.

How does Fig work? Not used it before. Can I pledge using Paypal?

It looks like they use a payment processor called Stripe and they don't accept PayPal.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

room13 -- MB-33B9579933BA8EDB - Taken by bobnowhere. 6 entrants total.
Necromonads -- MB-3DCD4D099812694D - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Tick Tock Isle -- MB-B5FD26BCE419A4EB - Taken by texhnolyze. 6 entrants total.
Quadle -- MB-597BC4F1BFF5B868 - Taken by voodooray. 2 entrants total.
Environmental Station Alpha -- MB-20B12BA88CB51917 - Taken by darkchewie. 13 entrants total.
Oniken -- MB-910834C54B06F5F3 - Taken by Madn. 2 entrants total.
Plantera -- MB-7EFDD7092AA0242B - Taken by Loptous. 2 entrants total.

t1475666865z1.png

Gah it was supposed to be 15 minutes.

Pixieking

Banned
It looks like they use a payment processor called Stripe and they don't accept PayPal.

Bah... Fair enough. Thanks. :)

This probably doesn't need to be said but Stripe is a pretty big and well known payment processor. No doubts about their credibility. Most Kickstarters set up a backerkit page for people who want to pledge after the campaign or for backers who want to modify their pledges and they're all handled through Stripe.

Oh, okay - I've not heard of it before, so this is reassuring. :)

This probably doesn't need to be said but Stripe is a pretty big and well known payment processor. No doubts about their credibility. Most Kickstarters set up a backerkit page for people who want to pledge after the campaign or for backers who want to modify their pledges and they're all handled through Stripe.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Yeyyyy! Cool cool cool. Where the hell have I been that I don't recognise the name? :D

I don't think you'd see the name unless you pay with your credit card on Humble. You probably use PayPal and so they route your payment differently.

Deques

Yeyyyy! Cool cool cool. Where the hell have I been that I don't recognise the name? :D

Maybe you have used Paypal so often that you never actually paid with a debit card/credit card.
Last week I bought a Humble bundle with a debit card and saw that Humble was contacting Stripe for payment

Pixieking

Banned
I don't think you'd see the name unless you pay with your credit card on Humble. You probably use PayPal and so they route your payment differently.

Maybe you have used Paypal so often that you never actually paid with a debit card/credit card.
Last week I bought a Humble bundle with a debit card and saw that Humble was contacting Stripe for payment

Yeah, exactly these things - so used to Paypal that I just use it as default for almost everything (including Steam Store purchases). Which is bad, because Paypal sucks in a lot of ways, but it just became the standard for online payment for those not wanting to type-in their credit cards every time. And the one-time I used Amazon Payments for a bundle site, I got charged a foreign currency fee by my bank - never again. :(

Tizoc

Don't get dark spark
Just get war and fall
I'll link to a guide on how to edit their encrypted .ini file later when I find it

Don't get dark spark

It was nice of them to change the naming convention and stick the film version of Optimus on the cover so no one would realise it's a sequel to the decent games and be fooled into buying it.

What's the difference between Pinball Arcade's Pro and Regular Season Passes?

The pro versions of tables have a free camera mode, tips from professional players, you can take total control of a ball and roll it around where you like, and you can get access to an operaters menu that lets you mess around with things like the lights and displays. You can also reneable the original dialogue on some tables where it had to be altered to get an appropriate age rating. Achievements and score boards are disabled when you're using any of these.

Tizoc

It was nice of them to change the naming convention and stick the film version of Optimus on the cover so no one would realise it's a sequel to the decent games and be fooled into buying it.

The pro versions of tables have a free camera mode, tips from professional players, you can take total control of a ball and roll it around where you like, and you can get access to an operaters menu that lets you mess around with things like the lights and displays. You can also reneable the original dialogue on some tables where it had to be altered to get an appropriate age rating. Achievements and score boards are disabled when you're using any of these.

Dark Spark funnily enough ignores some stuff from the previous 2 games far as the story goes, IIRC.
aLL IN all though War and Fall are enough.

Deques

What benefits do you get from these, apart from the tips?

Ludens

Banned
For JaseC or someone into the steam registry: is there a way to check if MGSV Definitive Experience is a separate app or something in addition to the current MGS entry? To know if maybe there's a free/paid upgrade option.

I found this:
https://steamdb.info/sub/74452/

but I think it's another thing, considering is almost one year old.

Dark Spark funnily enough ignores some stuff from the previous 2 games far as the story goes, IIRC.
aLL IN all though War and Fall are enough.

I'd really like another one from High Moon though.

What benefits do you get from these, apart from the tips?

They're basically for the pinball obsessives who want to be able to see everything a table can do. For the average person that just wants to play some pinball they offer very little. I guess you can change the number of balls you start with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom