• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's sort of baffling to me that Dragon Quest Builders isn't launching on Steam. Like I don't even care for that type of game, but it's such an obvious fit for PC.

I'm sure it will come to steam a year from now with little to no advertising and released 2 days after its announcement. The Square Enix way when it comes to Japanese games. I will always be shocked that I am setsuna got a day and date release parity with PS4.

bbd23

i want to buy gears but im scared because of all the amazon code stuff. - _ -

and i still cant decide between titanfall 2/COD/battlefield

yuraya

and i still cant decide between titanfall 2/COD/battlefield

Battlefield is a safe bet if you want to enjoy a pc shooter with a thriving community for the next several years.

Titanfall community will probably be dead like 2 weeks after release. And COD..well its COD. Infinite warfare campaign looks like it may be good but other than that I don't think its a worthwhile purchase.

Grief.exe

It's sort of baffling to me that Dragon Quest Builders isn't launching on Steam. Like I don't even care for that type of game, but it's such an obvious fit for PC.

It is baffling, but it will likely come to PC eventually.

I'm sure it will come to steam a year from now with little to no advertising and released 2 days after its announcement. The Square Enix way when it comes to Japanese games. I will always be shocked that I am setsuna got a day and date release parity with PS4.

Probably not they long, turn around time is getting relatively short.

Battlefield is a safe bet if you want to enjoy a pc shooter with a thriving community for the next several years.

Titanfall community will probably be dead like 2 weeks after release. And COD..well its COD. Infinite warfare campaign looks like it may be good but other than that I don't think its a worthwhile purchase.

MW Remastered tho, I honestly see that having a more health community than IW multiplayer.

Plesiades

Didn't realize that Air had a "Steam Blue" color scheme. I really like the look.
nUZdko_l4VahsuSr5-wJcmkGfmxnPItB9vmayc2VjoIvyGhyxNcwvWntbZgVNUYDveu4hHkNexcX78IUGsZLTIuQJaxo-d8nKSgMcOl1gxedLqEonQCjpI455cl4DVpuK-T6Tgjejkfz-XxFGTbkIwYaKhDxh863NgC3BlUzk7Kd96HgfHB_UD_ZCWQG00LdAqZz8l0H5sWTxPgX4GYVoTu30GKfwPm_9ncrHnGNDYo9gqRImV2BsJ2w3t9HexeCGz50OfIWm4yed6UcbGkiAhmdhmEpaYkXGMa6YWEBL7CbzFMEF8s72Oxgq44Ud11U7I7qzHfpnTlEYGZmmrwwuptmTKXBU2Vaw_JfiK862mMvshwFFJ4lAz9bLWwOC5Mop3SiEm3pJ9MUxL7elMWodsV0YjLQk2dhq3IDDMg44qvs8WPDikv61ECnSBUu5hEfeX3JNyGPz3KbWwU_ZDYdE-ZVxRHKiGh0Cjn98_37OzTPg3gobnBxNBdqfZTVrBDKCP1f8doJmwfCqXqc-0AMQynSSp8ms0LqArzvZckAIQ4oYw892UgChy-tuj3J_bClDU73XD9bxbrfeuD9SRIego_v3dfTOaDQBUUryDZNHmmuqRgB=w1600-h900-no

BYncBew4fbyJ2YM2Bra_DbDkvmKbwK7qX6neNxo_MLa38qKl4xYLGF9SfDWIUJU78eHsX77IBRk7PixW2A8Vgqtr8783AguCLwO2tl94SpwC8qcbhPqmehrZpRQVXL6cI2BwEPcos3W7wCbV7PTLNWRmSE5i2ABbuLcEI97_F_kB747ngLhL6mZ-ChRqj2BypTsk6lGBqkzkU9s7bxyvUUnB5XHgaxhGEXraHF3rgxyRZIiNCt4CLKdOIcNgURk6xxJxol9ahyTRdaw0uepyfb_UKeYEvh71YNxcxmi92FqzaEC5z9rAfy2jqdo6uqiXGkJAIiNZKvS4FNqB7mxBYxwceP9bNpKA9WS2bz8l79OrpS6cVKDJ1sV1YJzRHd0nIg_YgPnHhpCB5HHtGQmxuVKpZ2jiCcmcCkCl_HenFUVEIVt7GebbwPneY0GdYVCjhrHIda7i1J1xRHAH4sR2P8goxs4UPPFsqobgK76N1uw6xBfrjZ8PwaID-0RBnBEc-q3meR5C8g14CK8qPgw7eDOiaLGvrFhVlhqnkDQq2nDdnqgJL0azpmePYbMm67dlxWsfz3kkjyQANZvLK0ON-Tb_6ttHS0IH7WoN4p_l89JuTzp5=w1600-h900-no

Tizoc

If it is NX exclusive of something, it would be a shame since that rules me out of playing it.; unless nintendo suddenly supports indefinite perpetuity, customisability, better online and digital services / distribution and pricing etc etc
Come on mate we all saw what happened to ubi's last ninty 'exclusives'

BasilZero

War/Fall of Cybertron and Devastation are so, so good. Even non-Transformers fans shouldn't sleep on them.

Devastation is self contained based more on the G1 cartoon. The Cybertron shooters are their own continuity that crazy people still pretend link to the current cartoon Canon.

Oh nice - guess I'll be getting that (not now though) - during the holiday sale probably.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Cally's Caves 3 is pretty fun and its $1.39 now. It has been 99 cents before but its pretty fun so I think it will be fine for that price. Spent 2 hours on it today.

Stall19

Downloaded MKXL thinking it would be cool to have a fighting game installed, turns out I completely suck at it. Man I used to be soo good at Tekken 3 when I was a kid. Though I only just played about 30 mins of tutorial and practice

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Downloaded MKXL thinking it would be cool to have a fighting game installed, turns out I completely suck at it. Man I used to be soo good at Tekken 3 when I was a kid. Though I only just played about 30 mins of tutorial and practice

Dont forget MK is another kind of fighter in terms of flow compared to Tekken.

shockdude

You should try the F2P version of Dead or Alive 5, it's a solid fighting game and iirc the only 3D fighter on Steam right now.
Tekken 7 is coming out in 2017, so keep an eye on that as well.

when I patched Mortal Kombat X today and opened it it said I had unloacked all of the skins from the mobile game and some (maybe all) of the stuff for your player card from the mobile game

funny enough I never got close to doing any of that on the mobile game...had only unlocked a couple skins and player card stuff...so dunno if the XL patch gave people those things automatically or if I got a good glitch

dot

when I patched Mortal Kombat X today and opened it it said I had unloacked all of the skins from the mobile game and some (maybe all) of the stuff for your player card from the mobile game

funny enough I never got close to doing any of that on the mobile game...had only unlocked a couple skins and player card stuff...so dunno if the XL patch gave people those things automatically or if I got a good glitch

I think they unlocked it for everyone. It's part of the patch, not a glitch. lol

Unai

Full Combat Rebalance by, IIRC, a dev that went on to become a lead combat designer for 2 and maybe 3. I really liked it, and completed the game a second time with it installed. It should work with the final GOG version of TW1; not sure about Steam.

Compared to regular, FCR makes encounters a bit faster, deadlier, and more dodge-oriented. It doesn't turn it into a completely different game or anything, but it's a series of very intelligent tweaks that makes the combat more engaging. One think to note is that FCR will be harder if you haven't played much of the original, but so long as you read the explanation readmes that come with it you should be OK.

As I recall, towards the end FCR really shone, in the sense that it was tougher, but more rewarding to get through encounters.

Were it not harder and a bit less explained, I'd recommend everyone use it on their first TW1 runthrough, 'cause FCR was a definite improvement over the default combat. There was also a TW2 overhaul by, I think, the same dude, but I've never used it.

I'm late but I have used this mod a lot for The Witcher 2 and it's indeed the definitive way to play it.

Grim Dawn continues to be real fun. The faction system, constellations, crafting, and world consequences do a lot to legitimise playing multiple characters, which is something I really like. And since it has D2-esque gameplay, with just the right amount of enemy skills vs. player skills, it feels perfectly engaging; a far cry from the lifelessness of Titan Quest or Torchlight.

My char, a witchblade cuts through almost everything, regenerating whatever harm is done to him with unholy fury. And since he found a kickass maul in a place +10 levels him, he'll be set for life once he can equip it. He also has a hellhound that is there purely there for moral support.

so gud
I'm late but I have used this mod a lot for The Witcher 2 and it's indeed the definitive way to play it.

Good to know, thanks.

(Not that I needed another reason to replay the Witcher trilogy though, lol.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom