• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried to go back to BG1 and played a bit until I started getting a bunch of bugs because I no longer had the mods installed. So I'm playing BG2 and wow, the polish over BG1 is so stark. Also the game feels more open, directly in the begining I don't have a quest and no idea where to go, which is nice to just wander around.

BG2 is such a vast improvement over the first one.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
There are other mechanics. Gambling of in-game currency to get points to level up compendium, which could otherwise be bought. A bit stretched.

I wasn't talking exclusively about Dota 2 there. I meant F2P mobile games mostly.

I've played plenty of Dota 2 over the years (1500 hrs played-ish), I'm not very worried about that game wrt gambling. It's the other stuff that is more troubling to me.

Tizoc

Mad max is $7.49 over at indiegala for anyone that wants to put 20 hours in it, realize they finish 1/4 of the game and then uninstall it due to its repetitiveness :p

Nzyme32

There are other mechanics. Gambling of in-game currency to get points to level up compendium, which could otherwise be bought. A bit stretched.

This is the stuff that irks me a fair bit. It is encouraging gambling behaviour in a way that is masked. There are a lot of mechanics like this in games that don't involve money and are used for making people grind more or play more and eventually twist into getting them to invest more into it, whether that is time or money. It's dodgy through out the industry

Adnor

Banned
Tried a little Sniper Elite 3 yesterday before Mafia 3 unlocked and man, SE3 is much prettier than I thought. And the basic mechanics are much better than in SE2.

First thing I did was shoot a Nazi that was crouching in his knee, the bullet passed the whole leg and exploded his testicles.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Need me a Slime Rancher code, gonna play that during Extra Life this year.

Time to hit up the B/S/T thread

Phawx

Slime Rancher (Early Access)

Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number

Deponia Doomsday

Train Valley

Action Henk

THOTH

Fidel - Dungeon Rescue

Stardew Valley next month

I've never done the B/S/T thread, but Stardew and Hotline Miami 2 will be duplicates for me.

So, reading up on this, I need to sell revoked keys for each and then only refund 75% of the amount to walk with 25% ez $ ez life... Is that BSTing correctly?

Train Valley and Slime Rancher are welcome sights. Hotline Miami 2 is the only one I have, and I consider it underrated.

Good bundle, I gotta say.

Agreed. It's a whole lot better than what people give it credit for, mostly because it isn't just MORE HM1... the formula changed. It's more puzzle than twitch.

Phinor

Stardew Valley being the game to pull in new subscribers is an excellent move from Humble. I wonder why the dev agreed to this, probably not because of money.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I've never done the B/S/T thread, but Stardew and Hotline Miami 2 will be duplicates for me.

So, reading up on this, I need to sell revoked keys for each and then only refund 75% of the amount to walk with 25% ez $ ez life... Is that BSTing correctly?

I think you're skipping the step where you commit credit fraud, but you've got it orherwise, yes.

Also, do a bunch of transactions then intentionally get yourself permabanned.

I think you're skipping the step where you commit credit fraud, but you've got it orherwise, yes.

Also, do a bunch of transactions then intentionally get yourself permabanned.

This is looking like too much of a headache for me.

I'm just going to do some IOU giveaways and then get myself permabanned, instead.

Wow, Slimer Rancher in Humble Monthly. I did not expect that. I've been wanting to pick that up for a while, after playing the free alpha. It has a lot of promise, though it did need a lot more content when I played it. And I don't own any of the other games, though I am not sure if any are that interesting.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Thats why I am asking here, because usually people here are usually better than BST people who sells those for a profit.

I'm sure there'll be a giveaway soon.

I don't know how you'd go about assigning a fair market value for the key at the moment, though. $7 seems pretty reasonable at half off.

I'm sure there'll be a giveaway soon.

I don't know how you'd go about assigning a fair market value for the key at the moment, though. $7 seems pretty reasonable at half off.

I am in the Chinese steam store, so to me thats the "normal" price.

I tried group buys, but somehow the people first post in the thread, then edit their post...

wheapon

Wasn't really sure where to post these so I figure I may as well stick them here.

Here are some free keys from the GMG golden joystick promo (quote to see codes):

Sid Meier's Pirates
Lifeless

FLD

Holy shit, Slime Rancher! Humble Monthly redeemed!

And to think I was on the fence about Grim Dawn. The only reason I got the bundle at all is because I forgot to cancel in time. I'm so happy right now. I think this is the first time that one of the non-preview games is something this interesting that I didn't already own.

Wok

THOTH is released today, and already in Humble Monthly.

This is the way to go, Humble.

Remember The Uncertain Episode 1's demo, Humble.

Nzyme32

Mafia 3 is best horror game

g51mR0L.gif

sheaaaa

Honestly despite all the griping I think the Humble Monthly is one of the absolute best deals in gaming now. I've not regretted a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom