• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nillansan

mp1990

Banned

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Deponia Doomsday -- MB-A48CE698E71DCA93 - Taken by ramoisdead. 18 entrants total.
Stardew Valley -- MB-FDB98359679ED29E - Taken by thesaucetastic. 45 entrants total.

t1475878237z1.png

Hah. Sorry guys.

Which game did you buy? If I have a spare key you can have it if the re-seller ends up screwing you over.

It's a Gears 4 key, non-nvidia promo.

Thanks man, but it's a pretty expensive key so it's cool.

Edit: Seems OK actually. Think I was over reacting, should get my key tonight.

rtcn63

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/...t-gen-is-now-if-youre-on-windows-10-at-least/

Gears of War 4's campaign mode might be one of the worst I've played in years. It's probably as bad as Battlefield Hardline; worse than any of the overreaching, later-era Call of Duty games. This mode is so bad, I originally dedicated this review's entire introduction to how much I hate it. I have since calmed down in various ways (soak in the tub, lots of candles, pwning noobs) to give the rest of the game a fair, deserving shake.

I continue to be OK with not having Win10. I liked Gears 1 and 2, even though I've never finished them. (Well I might have finished 2)

xezuru

Anyone here play both Banner Sagas? I'm about to finish the first, i think, and there's a lot of external things that are almost intentionally force themselves to be annoying, like how coming back to a save I'd have to redo 4 fights and how the renown system just forces early game to take 10x longer, but I am enjoying the game a lot now that story shit is getting crazy. Have they made any big changes in the sequel?

Nillansan

Bundle Stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Nillansan:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nillansan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Space Quest Collection -- MB-38392A8BBB1129E3 - Taken by Gez. 2 entrants total.
Phantasmagoria -- MB-938C240510916313 - Taken by Vazra. 1 entrants total.
Samorost 2 -- MB-489044264DA732E3
Caesar IV -- MB-0354452D5E873C4D - Taken by rainking187. 1 entrants total.
Shiftlings -- MB-7C580DCD9D2C588B - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
THOTH -- MB-5668552BFE455A60 - Taken by Popstar. 3 entrants total.
Caesar 3 -- MB-8081B3E6ABD91422 - Taken by Mavromatis. 3 entrants total.
TimeShift -- MB-7541ADD460985155 - Taken by dave is ok. 5 entrants total.
Velocity 2X -- MB-1D67350C0AEBD9F1 - Taken by derExperte. 8 entrants total.
King's Quest Collection -- MB-970B9DCA6B3B9007 - Taken by someguyinahat. 6 entrants total.
Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh -- MB-5AC81814CF6B2E8B - Taken by septicore. 1 entrants total.
Train Valley -- MB-3BE0E606319099B7 - Taken by voodooray. 4 entrants total.
Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number -- MB-02276E22EAB6D5EA - Taken by Costa1774. 15 entrants total.

t1475879159z1.png

rtcn63

And yet there are more positive reviews than that and some people on GAF say it is really good. One bad review means nothing.

True. But I've become super wary of AAA reviews, actually reviews (both pro and user) in general. I've been disappointed more than not. (Doom was a recent example) And from my experience with prior Gears games, a focus on multiplayer over single wouldn't surprise me.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Is there anything that actually separates this Sister Location from the previous Five Night games? Air vents aside.

If it's so good then where's the Mafia 3 iFruit app?

HMMMMmmmmmm!?

well there is a mobile tie-in game...Mafia III: Rivals (edit: beaten)

and yeah...story and presentation wise Mafia III is really good and the small part of the gunplay & driving I was able to try seemed good...the technical issues leave a lot to be desired though

hoping the patch fixes most of the major issues and then they clean the rest of the other things up

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF now that VR is out for a few months and PSVR is around the corner i noticed something. Is it me or VR games are already starting to look the same?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Again I say VR games are just early on in their design. People are still trying to figure it out and that's why when the ideas that do work and don't fall apart easily (except for Resident Evil 7 it seems), a lot of games flock to it. Early Arcade games were very similar, early PC games were a lot of the same, so on and so forth.

More variety will come. Until then, I really like Until Dawn for PS VR and I'm currently posting through VR desktop theatre mode, which while not needed and I won't use for long, is kinda cool in it's own way.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Is there anything that actually separates this Sister Location from the previous Five Night games? Air vents aside.

From what I've heard, the gameplay in Sister Location is actually completely different compared to the other games. Firstly, you're an engineer, and you're going through rooms repairing things, but more so each night your objectives are different and you have to complete objectives instead of wait for daybreak. And the objectives each night are different. I've also heard the last two nights also have huge switch-ups, but don't know what yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom