• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Mafia 3 is best horror game

BptVE1JIEAAA3dT.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I am in the Chinese steam store, so to me thats the "normal" price.

I tried group buys, but somehow the people first post in the thread, then edit their post...

You're probably dealing with people from North America and Europe, though. Without knowing what else is coming in the bundle, whether they want it themselves or if anyone would pay any real money for it, there's not much they can do to price it fairer. Plus, it's somewhat of a hassle, so they're within their right to expect compensation.

I don't think it's fair to check across regional stores to find the lowest price and set that as its current market value. These people aren't being unfair here, you just happen to be in an exceptional circumstance.

You're probably dealing with people from North America and Europe, though. Without knowing what else is coming in the bundle, whether they want it themselves or if anyone would pay any real money for it, there's not much they can do to price it fairer. Plus, it's somewhat of a hassle, so they're within their right to expect compensation.

I don't think it's fair to check across regional stores to find the lowest price and set that as its current market value. These people aren't being unfair here, you just happen to be in an exceptional circumstance.

Sure. I am not saying its unreasonable.
Just that usually in the B/S/T thread, compared to the Steam thread, are mostly people who profit from price deals, buy high profile bundles in bulks to sell games a few months later (the Warner Bros bundle especially).

From being in this thread for years now people are far more nicer and give away their duplicates if they already have game ABC from a bundle.

Knurek

Well, I am weak.

Stardew Valley obviously will go into the Timesinks category on Steam, alongside Crusader Kings 2, Football Manager and Civ 5.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Well, I am weak.

Stardew Valley obviously will go into the Timesinks category on Steam, alongside Crusader Kings 2, Football Manager and Civ 5.
Those are my "My wife will like this" category.

She plays anything that hooks you in like those games. She played Prison Architect for like 10 hours straight after I bought it from that bundle.

iosefe

Picross Touch got an update

Workshop support added!
Edit and submit new puzzles with the built in editor.
Play user submitted levels.
Rate the levels you complete.
Levels are validated to ensure they are solvable before being submitted.
Added new options:
VSync Enabled Yes/No.
Show Controls (Show the 3 main buttons or not.
Clear Data Button (Wipe your game data).
Info Button (Shows you key bindings).​
Fixed other small issues.

Ascheroth

Refunded DS2. Thanks to all who tried to help.
Gonna use the money for Stardew Valley instead. Only downside is that I can't use my steam money for humble :/

How does it work with cancelling subscriptions if I only want this month? Do I just have to cancel right after subscribing and will still get the mystery games?

Gonna use the money for Stardew Valley instead. Only downside is that I can't use my steam money for humble :/

How does it work with cancelling subscriptions if I only want this month? Do I just have to cancel right after subscribing and will still get the mystery games?

Just make sure you cancel your subscription a few days before the next Monthly Bundle reveal on that Friday if you don't want to get charge for another month. You'll still receive your mystery games.

FLD

Just make sure you cancel your subscription a few days before the next Monthly Bundle reveal on that Friday if you don't want to get charge for another month. You'll still receive your mystery games.

You need to do it earlier than that. I was actually planning to cancel this month and ended up forgetting and getting charged last friday. Pretty sure there's also an option to pay early if it's an ongoing sub. As long as you got the early unlock game you're good to cancel, you'll still get everything else.

Nabs

You can cancel once you buy in and receive Stardew. You'll still get the rest of the bundle.

You can cancel once you buy in and receive Stardew. You'll still get the rest of the bundle.

If you plan on buying anything from the Humble Store this month you may want to wait to cancel until closer to the deadline so you get the monthly subscriber discount.

Ascheroth

Thanks all!

Now onto the next question: Is there seriously no way to buy the Monthly without a credit card? I only have a debit-card, and buying via Paypal requires me to add a card to my account, but my card gets refused. Yay.

What a great day this has been.

venomenon

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Stardew Valley -- MB-0D1E93AE229F74C1 - Taken by Large Professor. 40 entrants total.

t1475874037z1.png
:)

Granjinha

Agreed. It's a whole lot better than what people give it credit for, mostly because it isn't just MORE HM1... the formula changed. It's more puzzle than twitch.

It's both, really. Twitch is still extremely important.

It's also a better designed, more varied and overall more polished game than Hotline Miami 1.

Popstar

I cancelled my subscription after last month Humble.

Why are you sending me an "October's games are ready to play!" email?

venomenon

Are you serious?

FKsgCN9.png

The most expensive game series.
CoD is more expensive :p
It's been bundled, at least some of them.

I think Deponia is great especially for its humour and plot, including some drastic plot twists. IMO you can't play it out of order because you will miss out on most of its appeal. If I remember correctly, you could probably do all the puzzles playing it out of order, so theoretically it'd be possible, but this is just not the way the series is meant to be played.

Nillansan

..you 100%'d Spelunky....?

g60gkMa.gif

Yup. Low Scorer was absolutely soul crushingly hard, but the game had its hooks in me. I couldn't let go. Someone mentioned that there's an online co-op modification available, if the Spelunky craving ever creeps back into you, I would love to try the modification.

The normal Deponia games and Trilogy were in a lot of bundles afaik.

I've gotten all the individual games from bundles. And I think Daedalic's stuff in general goes on sale frequently, too.

CoD is more expensive :p
It's been bundled, at least some of them.

I think Deponia is great especially for its humour and plot, including some drastic plot twists. IMO you can't play it out of order because you will miss out on most of its appeal. If I remember correctly, you could probably do all the puzzles playing it out of order, so theoretically it'd be possible, but this is just not the way the series is meant to be played.

So what is 'Deponia: The Complete Journey'? A remaster? Any reason to play that if you already have Deponia, Chaos on Deponia and Goodbye Deponia?

The normal Deponia games and Trilogy were in a lot of bundles afaik.

I've gotten all the individual games from bundles. And I think Daedalic's stuff in general goes on sale frequently, too.

Are you serious?

FKsgCN9.png

The most expensive game series.

I found some guys selling bundle keys for cheap.

G2A has them for $1 each or something, if you're interested.

Wok

I found some guys selling bundle keys for cheap.

G2A has them for $1 each or something, if you're interested.

I will be patient. I will wait for some Humble bundles. I have episodes #1 and #4, so I can try it first.

Plus I have just bought Oxenfree now that I know it is not part of the monthly bundle.

FLD

So what is 'Deponia: The Complete Journey'? A remaster? Any reason to play that if you already have Deponia, Chaos on Deponia and Goodbye Deponia?

IIRC, it's just the first 3 games merged into a single one. So yeah, no reason to bother if you already have the individual releases.

I think I've made a huge mistake. I sent someone from here some money from the BTS thread and an hour and a half later no reply. Sent a PM about it to them already and nothing. They were active on GAF until 5 mins ago. First time I've ever used the thread too :(

r3n4ud

I think I've made a huge mistake. I sent someone from here some money from the BTS thread and an hour and a half later no reply. Sent a PM about it to them already and nothing. They were active on GAF until 5 mins ago. First time I've ever used the thread too :(
From here you say? You know what to do - time to call 'em out!

I'm sure they'll get back to you. One thing I've learned from the BST is you need patience. Some folks take time to get back to you.

venomenon

No, that's the original trilogy, as in the games you named.
Deponia Doomsday is not really a part of it as it was only made because fans were not satisfied with the trilogy's closure and pressured Daedalic into making another game for years. It's more of a supplement, actually.

Eila

It has minimal new content: a Developer's Commentary, 'How to draw Rufus & Goal' and 'The Art of Deponia' videos, Developer's Commentary Soundtrack (6 new songs created and sung by Poki) and papercraft models. I don't think they added shit to the story or anything like that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
meh should have subbed for humble even if I had grim dawn, would have been worth it for slime rancher, deponia and hotline 2.

Oh well, at least Stardew Valley makes this month's sub a no brainer since I dont have it

Amzin

It's both, really. Twitch is still extremely important.

It's also a better designed, more varied and overall more polished game than Hotline Miami 1.

Are you sure you guys aren't confusing the two games? HM2 had way, way more "random" elements to it (random patrol pathing mainly) and a much longer aggro range, to the point where you can try the same strategy 5 times on a level and it'll work if you get lucky. HM1 was way more puzzley because the aggro range was smaller and you could actually plan your moves based on your previous failures. Figuring out why you died in HM2 is deciphering whether it was a strategy that failed or a die roll that failed, which I found way less fun, even though I liked the presentation of 2 more.

I bought/played it at release though so could have been some improvements since, but it was frustrating enough that I had no desire to replay any of it after I beat it, unlike HM1.

chronomac

I know we should keep this to the BST thread, but if you've got an extra Stardew code I'll take it off your hands for a reasonable price.

It should be fine. If they don't respond by end of the day, you can call em out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom