• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
i heard that game runs pretty well on PC

a big part of the reason i'm switching from ps4 to pc is that i'll be able to play a lot of x1 exclusives like forza, gow4 and that new 'sans-timer' dead rising

It's not too bad if you're okay with 30fps, it looks significantly better than the Xbox version I think and plays well even at that framerate.

Backlogger

Trying to finish Doom today. My GOTY for sure but not just because its the only game I think I will end up playing this year that came out this year (that I remember anyway). It truly is awesome.

cyba89

Yes. And then it crashes. And after restart it runs terribly. And then it crashes. And after restart it runs fine. And then it crashes.
It's a technical mess, the likes of Arkham Knight or MKX.

I played Arkham Knight PC on release and had less problems than I have with FH3 now.
I think I never regretted a gaming-related purchase more.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
It's probably worth full price, but I have maybe 1000 games worth full price that I've already bought and not yet played so for me there's a pretty strong barrier to buying something new for full price for that reason. Like, I paid full price for Golden Sun 2 in 2003 and I still haven't finished it.

Bruh.... let me help you...

bruh156k8w.jpg

Even this feels unmanageable tbh.

PS look in ur heart and kno that there arent 1000 games in existence worth buying yet let alone at full $$$$$$

omg how did Requiem: Avenging Angel and Dark Stone get on Steam? I've just had the most dumbfounded look on my face all day trying rationalizing those two game on Steam?

Who owns the right SiN Gold?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/

It's user submitted and occasionally some info is wrong. But some bundle sites (like GameBundle) have an official user who submits all their bundles. Or there is a mod who does (Indie Gala). [And BAGB 49 was there]
I am a casual bundle purchaser at this point but I check reddit.com/r/gamebundles and GAF and then occasionally pop on IndieGameStand or Chrono.gg manually to check the daily deal
epicbundle.com is usually pretty decent.

Cheers.

Who owns the right SiN Gold?

MumboJumbo. It owns Ritual.

Edit: Oh, I may have misunderstood your post. It's on GOG in all its uncensored glory if you're looking to buy it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Nzyme32, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Nzyme32, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Snakebird -- MB-D13925B9A3A46D37 - Taken by Monooboe. 16 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Prison Architect -- MB-58935D297BF7F1B0 - Taken by MaxiLive. 12 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Total War: SHOGUN 2 Collection -- MB-62B97776EA9AC01B - Taken by voodooray. 27 entrants total.
The Beginner's Guide -- MB-8FEC783EFAF50F34 - Taken by hohoXD123. 12 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-88CA86407073479B - Taken by Platy. 2 entrants total.
Lethal League -- MB-6EB4093807207BD4 - Taken by TheLight. 3 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Murdered: Soul Suspect -- MB-25AACC6E0FA21DEF - Taken by Dusk Golem. 6 entrants total.
Runestone Keeper -- MB-A7D3AB4A090DCC22 - Taken by Benedict. 1 entrants total.
The Stanley Parable -- MB-77E5F2C037AD23F9 - Taken by neonglow. 10 entrants total.
Road to Ballhalla -- MB-84C4149C14C6AD99 - Taken by Zeeman. 11 entrants total.
1001 Spikes -- MB-D578314B0BE549E3 - Taken by StrangeRoboMemory. 3 entrants total.
Devil Daggers -- MB-698D0EFFDEAB1B83 - Taken by KainXVIII. 17 entrants total.

t1476096074z1.png

Quantum Break on Steam is a bomba. It's struggling to even reach 40k owners after 9 days. Here's hoping for a 75% off soon..

In the other hand, Mafia III is doing great with 138k in just 3 days despite all of the uproar, and that's a very premature number.

Jawmuncher

i have like a category for games i should play and dump all the good ones there

it sort of works i guess, helps filter out the bulk of my library

I started organising my games into something like 30+ categories but gave up as it seemed too much like hard work. So now something like 60% of my collection sits in the "uncategorised" bucket.

I have it split up by

Beaten
Multiplayer Only
To play
To play indie
Maybe
Maybe indie

Though if I buy something and will play it right after buying I keep it in the games category. Anything that has a bad overall review and I know I'll never touch, I just hide it.

Parsnip

My categories are easy.
Finished
Not finished
Next

Quantum Break on Steam is a bomba. It's struggling to even reach 40k owners after 9 days. Here's hoping for a 75% off soon..
Their expectations can't have been too high considering the word of mouth the game had both from performance standpoint and from just general review standpoint.
It's probably doing more or less what they expected.

freshVeggie;219641879]This is very neat. Thanks.
I wish steam had a toggle that only showed games you already own and you could basically "shop" through your collection. Atmospheric FPS with exploration and survival elements? STALKER->PLAY

rtcn63

In the other hand, Mafia III is doing great with 138k in just 3 days despite all of the uproar, and that's a very premature number.

I watched an entire playthrough of QB, and... the story wasn't bad. The characters weren't bad. The dialogue wasn't bad. It did nothing special as a whole, but at the same time kept itself in check (for a time traveling plotline). As a turn-your-brain off popcorn thriller, it's worth a watch/play (ignoring the live-action episodes).

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I hate being in shameless mode, it's one of the worst times of game development for me.

Anyways, I'm trying a strategy where I post a small gameplay video every 2-3 days and see how that helps the Greenlight campaign. Temporary uploads, though.

This is for Hollow Bliss, of course. I'll stop linking it after this post but keep you guys updated on the videos.

*Location Spoilers, though it is an optional location in the game*

Bathroom Gameplay [Optional Location]

Hope it is up in time for Halloween~

Thank you for the art.

Mafia III 60 FPS video

https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-mafia-3-a-message-to-our-pc-players/

I'm interested in reading what actually happened behind the scenes for such a weird decision to launch the game with a 30fps lock to release a patch with unlocked framerate only a few days later. This only hurt them. Delaying the game for a few days and releasing it with unlocked framerate would have made so much more sense.
General bad performance and technical issues that would take months to fix like Arkham Knight. 2K wanted it out and there was no stopping it.
eJhkMte.jpg

Xanathus

Been playing the Vermintide Quests & Contracts beta build the past 2 days. It basically adds daily quests to the game, and some of the daily quests give you "keys" which give progression towards a larger reward which you pick beforehand such as headgear, weapons or trinkets. One thing to note is that typically at least one of these key quests every day appears to be on Nightmare difficulty so you have to be fairly good at the game in order to do them. Anyway so far it's a good way to revitalize the game although the beta actually adds a whole bunch of new serious bugs such as falling through the floor into the game so those need to be fixed.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Waste Walkers -- MB-84F5B2F337D63F61 - Taken by rainking187

mp1990

Banned
An Open Letter to the Developers of Stephen's Sausage Roll, Va-11 Hall-A, Momodora 4, Slime Rancher, Virginia, Inside, Turing Test, The Bunker, Abzu, Jalopy, Headlander, Epistory, and Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human,

In case you have not already heard, Syberia 3 has been delayed to 2017. The fortunate thing for you is that this opens a slot in my GOTY list. Please deeply discount your games so I buy them.

Yours,
NeoGAF.com Administrator and Internet Thought Leader Stumpokapow
I'm not sure if Va-11 Hall-A gonna appeal to your tastes (at least given what I've gathered from your posts, unless there's a side of yours you've been hiding all along), but it is a really sweet game and I hope everyone get to enjoy it. Every now and then I get to play something that makes me think "damn, games are cool", and Va-11 Hall-A was that one for me. Can't think of any game stealing my GOTY title from it this year.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I beat Epistory in two sittings, roughly 4.5 hours. Really fun little game. I think they brought it to the limit of its potential and no further. It's basically a top-down action adventure where the main mechanic is typing. A few parts were a bit of a slog but overall fun, original, and great to look at!

I'm not sure if Va-11 Hall-A gonna appeal to your tastes (at least given what I've gathered from your posts, unless there's a side of yours you've been hiding all along), but it is a really sweet game and I hope everyone get to enjoy it. Every now and then I get to play something that makes me think "damn, games are cool", and Va-11 Hall-A was that one for me. Can't think of any game stealing my GOTY title from it this year.

The cool factor is competing against the "anime was a mistake" factor but I do want to give it a shot! Despite my sometimes polemic tone here I'm actually pretty open-minded underneath my neuroses!

I have a problem with Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon, namely I'm not enjoying it. I mean, I get the whole 80s schtick and all the easter eggs are cool and all.. but..

I came in expecting a mostly linear standalone expansion that would deliver an 80s movie kind of experience, but walked out an hour later (Dam mission) with something mostly about wandering a pseudo-sandbox full of outposts to liberate, dumb filler side quests and incredibly tedious encounters (jeeps and dragons) and stupid collectables (TVs and shit) inbetween. Is this the general Far Cry formula these days? I haven't played a Far Cry game since the original, but if this is basically what they are I'll make a mental note to avoid them from now on..

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Well, there are no WinStore sales figures to compare against, and at the very least I'd say the costs involved with the three months spent "porting" the game to DX11 have been recouped -- plus, at the end of the day, it's still ~37k+ more sales than MS would have otherwise seen.

I suspect ReCore's free trial is the last hurrah before Microsoft begrudgingly fast-tracks a Steam release.

Well, there are no WinStore sales figures to compare against, and at the very least I'd say the costs involved with the three months spent "porting" the game to DX11 have been recouped, plus, at the end of the day, it's still ~35k+ more sales than MS would have otherwise seen.

I suspect ReCore's free trial is the last hurrah before Microsoft begrudgingly fast-tracks a Steam release.

Or maybe WinStore games sales are doing a lot better than some people would've predicted/hoped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom