• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought Day Of The Tentacle Remastered and slow been playing through Bioshock 2 Remastered but mostly been just playing Rocket League 2v2

edit: forgot to mention that playing Bioshock 2 on consoles must be hell, the default FOV is so narrow it hurts my head.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
that "why aren't there more diversity in open sandbox games" made me realize many people think video games are created out of thin air or exist in a vacuum

you'd think with their idea of "video games should be a bit more open minded", they too will have that mind-share

It's my birthday - so:

cda1d1595f83e85a24e76e6be9af6b8d.jpg

lEwACD5.png

happy birthday!

NeoRaider

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NeoRaider, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Spec Ops: The Line -- MB-8D09170AD254C1F8 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 2 entrants total.

t1476023427z1.png

Grief.exe

The developers of Factorio seem to make significant development progress every week, they always post a development blog every Friday on portions of the game they are iterating on.

Some things like multi-threaded support and optimizations are going to be harder to showcase, but here are some of the HD sprites they have been working on.

New train sprite
fff-141-locomotive-movement.gif

old/new belt sprites
fff-154-belts-loop-normal-res.gif
fff-154-belts-loop-high-res.gif

New pipes
fff-155-pipes-and-pump.gif

New liquid train cart for moving oil, chemicals, water, etc around the map
fff-159-liquid-wagon.png

hohoXD123

Suddenly started getting some major screen tearing in Rocket League even though G-SYNC was supposedly on. Plus all my steam games are taking like 10 minutes to launch, though Street Fighter V won't launch at all. What's happening.

Happy birthday Nzyme!

So, I completed Transformers Devastation on Easy (after starting the game on Hard and having my ass kicked by the first boss).
I didn't like the game so much. It's not a bad game, just...average. It's around 3 hours long and still very repetitive, the city really is all the same, you face the same boss again and again, there's a lack of variation.
The gameplay is pretty much MG Rising: you have one stage, depending on where you go you can clear side missions. You can dodge, you can parry (if you buy a move), you can create new powerful weapons to equip and so on. Even the score system is pretty much the same, but I think doing all SSS on the hardest difficulty is simply impossibile, because there's too much stuff on the screen like laser, explosions, flashes etc and way too often the visibility is ZERO. When you face huge bosses you can't even see if they are attacking you because you simply can't see them since they are too big.

It's an enjoyable title for what it is, if you are a Transformers fan it has an added value based on nostalgia, but don't expect something curated like Rising.

This is disappointing to hear, I've seen similar critiques from a lot of people, but I want to believe it's good. :/ I just got a bunch of Transformers comics from the Humble book bundle so I'm on a bit of a nostalgia kick and it seemed like TF Devastation would be a nice capper to that. But it sounds like it's barely worth the 15 bucks it usually is on sale...maybe I'll still grab it if it's really cheap in this year's Black Friday sale.

Still haven't played Transformer: Devastation. Uninstalled immediately after I found out the max resolution is 1080p, and I couldn't refund it because I forgot to add it to idlemaster's blacklist.

Tizoc

This is disappointing to hear, I've seen similar critiques from a lot of people, but I want to believe it's good. :/ I just got a bunch of Transformers comics from the Humble book bundle so I'm on a bit of a nostalgia kick and it seemed like TF Devastation would be a nice capper to that. But it sounds like it's barely worth the 15 bucks it usually is on sale...maybe I'll still grab it if it's really cheap in this year's Black Friday sale.
It is good
Judge th game for urself and u may like it

Grief.exe

Still haven't played Transformer: Devastation. Uninstalled immediately after I found out the max resolution is 1080p, and I couldn't refund it because I forgot to add it to idlemaster's blacklist.

That' s incorrect though, the max resolution is actually 4K, with no resolutions in between. You need to configure a 4K downsample if you have any resolution higher than 1080p, but lower than 4K. It's imperfect, but at least Platinum is improving.

I've always theorized the Platinum designs their resolutions in a console specific manner. The UI team design them at a certain resolution, then lock them in. PC UIs are designed around being able to scale with mathematics, so you can arbitrarily scale them to any resolution/aspect ratio. Platinum seems to be committed to improving their methods, even translating Durante articles to Japanese.

Happy Birthday Nzyme!

It's mine too, we're Birthday buddies!

Here's some cool stuff:
ModBot said:
Instructions for NightmareTrigger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NightmareTrigger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Train Valley -- MB-7BFBA5E3D0B07195 - Taken by Catshade. 16 entrants total.
Action Henk -- MB-F6140E6CBF1F9ECB - Taken by Jalal. 19 entrants total.
Besiege -- MB-AA9F3451E8D0A3EE - Taken by Ibuki. 29 entrants total.
Butcher -- MB-3C6A64138BFF87A4 - Taken by derExperte. 25 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Mad Max -- MB-0CA5BD831088EB70 - Taken by bloke. 35 entrants total.

t1476037851z1.png

That' s incorrect though, the max resolution is actually 4K, with no resolutions in between. You need to configure a 4K downsample if you have any resolution higher than 1080p, but lower than 4K. It's imperfect, but at least Platinum is improving.

I've always theorized the Platinum designs their resolutions in a console specific manner. The UI team design them at a certain resolution, then lock them in. PC UIs are designed around being able to scale with mathematics, so you can arbitrarily scale them to any resolution/aspect ratio. Platinum seems to be committed to improving their methods, even translating Durante articles to Japanese.
I did not know that. You mean I could set up a 4K DSR then start playing on my 1440p monitor?

Nzyme32

Happy bday mate!

Happy birthday, Nzyme32.

Have a happy birthday Nzyme o/

Happy birthday ! :)

Happy Leif Erikso.......I mean Birthday Nzyme!!!

happy birthday!

Happy Birthday.

Happy birthday to Nzyme~

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday!

Happy birfday Nzyme.

Have a great day dooooders.

Happy Birthday Nzyme!

It's mine too, we're Birthday buddies!

Cheers folks!

Arthea

buy some bundle turds just to idle. half the time it's profitable anyway. the 18 digital homicide games are $2.80 on itch.io with steam keys and many have cards.

wait... ichio sells their steam keys, even when games are removed from steam?
*goes to check

Popstar

What site do people use to keep track of new bundles? The Indie Bundle Tracker Steam group is rather useless these days, often posting bundles days late, which is particularly annoying when it comes to Indie Gala bundles, or not at all (Groupees' BAGB 49, for instance -- thanks, fellas).
https://isthereanydeal.com/specials/

It's user submitted and occasionally some info is wrong. But some bundle sites (like GameBundle) have an official user who submits all their bundles. Or there is a mod who does (Indie Gala). [And BAGB 49 was there]

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of an anonymous benefactor, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Turnover -- MB-C93A34FC4409424D - Taken by Jadax. 11 entrants total.

t1476037907z1.png

buy some bundle turds just to idle. half the time it's profitable anyway. the 18 digital homicide games are $2.80 on itch.io with steam keys and many have cards.

I recently bought an indiegale bundle (was the last set of cards i had) and managed to more than double the money I spent on it through the card sales, but that has been kinda rare for me (maybe I'm just bad at buying bundles).

Will have a look at the card prices for the games in the bundle your propose though.

gngf123

What does Steamgaf think of Shenzhen IO so far?

Was tempted to buy it, but for some reason the Humble version is more expensive than the steam version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom