• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

Stuff.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Hack, Slash, Loot -- MB-37093EA626C1C15D - Taken by Saty
Darkstone -- MB-383C1C0CDA979626 - Taken by Newblade
Journey Of The Light -- MB-36CD859F16010A83 - Taken by MaxiLive
Pivvot -- MB-7E17F52DBCB4744B - Taken by gngf123
Proto Raider -- MB-100741B0860A8B82 - Taken by Abomination

Hektor

Happy Birthday Nzyme

Ew2hhn7.png

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3#about

Good to see Wasteland 3 is already a success. I'm liking everything I've seen and heard about it so far.

So, i kickstarted that game yesterday via that crowdox paypal site someone posted, and while i was at it i also added a copy of Torment to the pledge since i failed to kickstart that game originally.

Anybody knows where i get the key for that one now?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
What site do people use to keep track of new bundles? The Indie Bundle Tracker Steam group is rather useless these days, often posting bundles days late, which is particularly annoying when it comes to Indie Gala bundles, or not at all (Groupees' BAGB 49, for instance -- thanks, fellas).

I am a casual bundle purchaser at this point but I check reddit.com/r/gamebundles and GAF and then occasionally pop on IndieGameStand or Chrono.gg manually to check the daily deal

Mafia III 60 FPS video

https://mafiagame.com/en/news/view/en-mafia-3-a-message-to-our-pc-players/

PATCH 1.01 READY FOR DOWNLOAD

UPDATE [10/8 / 3PM PT]: PC players, reboot Mafia III because patch 1.01 is now available for download. This patch includes 30, 60, and unlimited frames-per-second options on PC. To select your framerate, just head to the display menu in-game. Just make sure to tailor the framerate settings to the power of your machine. This patch also includes improvements to keyboard remapping, so head to the controls menu to check out the options. Note: this patch resets keyboard mapping to default, so any changes you made to the controls previously will need to be customized after installing the patch.

We aren’t done with fixes and updates and will continue to listen to our community for ways to improve your experience in New Bordeaux. And check here to see what content updates we have in the works, including outfit swapping, races, and more.

I'm interested in reading what actually happened behind the scenes for such a weird decision to launch the game with a 30fps lock to release a patch with unlocked framerate only a few days later. This only hurt them. Delaying the game for a few days and releasing it with unlocked framerate would have made so much more sense.

Tellaerin

What site do people use to keep track of new bundles? The Indie Bundle Tracker Steam group is rather useless these days, often posting bundles days late, which is particularly annoying when it comes to Indie Gala bundles, or not at all (Groupees' BAGB 49, for instance -- thanks, fellas).

epicbundle.com is usually pretty decent.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
An Open Letter to the Developers of Stephen's Sausage Roll, Va-11 Hall-A, Momodora 4, Slime Rancher, Virginia, Inside, Turing Test, The Bunker, Abzu, Jalopy, Headlander, Epistory, and Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human,

In case you have not already heard, Syberia 3 has been delayed to 2017. The fortunate thing for you is that this opens a slot in my GOTY list. Please deeply discount your games so I buy them.

Yours,
NeoGAF.com Administrator and Internet Thought Leader Stumpokapow

I hope the FFXII remaster doesn't take too long to come to PC, I actually played the Zodiac version with the fan translation patch through emulation but having an actual remaster that I can just launch from steam will be awesome.

Knurek

An Open Letter to the Developers of Stephen's Sausage Roll, Va-11 Hall-A, Momodora 4, Slime Rancher, Virginia, Inside, Turing Test, The Bunker, Abzu, Jalopy, Headlander, Epistory, and Aquatic Adventure of the Last Human,

In case you have not already heard, Syberia 3 has been delayed to 2017. The fortunate thing for you is that this opens a slot in my GOTY list. Please deeply discount your games so I buy them.

Yours,

PM Sent,

Yours,
Kissass Extraordinaire.

Wok

Yours,

I would like to add my voice to that post.

"Please deeply discount your games so I buy them."

Yours,
Wok

PS: *wink* at you, Stephen.

Knurek

Gah. Thanks. Now I own Epistory. I really wasn't trying to wishlist beg. The point of the post was to tell people about the Syberia delay. Hoist by my petard! Thank you.

NP, mate. If I had a spare key for Umineko, I'd sent this your way, so that you can experience the true Steam 2016 GOTY.
Alas... :(

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
"""Internet Thought Leader""""

do you even read books, turdokapow?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
how are the syberia games

3 looks very nice visually. Maybe I should get into them.

I should say in advance that I'm a huge adventure game buff so maybe some might disagree with me.

1 and 2 are both really excellent point and clicks from their era. Kate is a really great female protagonist, her adventure is wonderful, and the whole games have this salty eastern european dilapidated rusty clockwork punk aesthetic that's just so lovely. They have a real sense of mystery and discovery. Just wonderful. I think if you've ever wanted to quit your job and go on an adventure, you will be able to relate to the mood of the games.

And the existence of Syberia 3 a decade later is a total miracle. Syberia 2 kinda ends the story but to get more of Benoit Sokal's worldbuilding and more of Kate Walker's adventures is so exciting.

(That being said both Syberia games have been extensively bundled and discounted so feel free to hold out.)

"""Internet Thought Leader""""

do you even read books, turdokapow?

Yeah yeah, shame received. 💩💩💩

Grief.exe

Ew2hhn7.png

https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3#about

Good to see Wasteland 3 is already a success. I'm liking everything I've seen and heard about it so far.

If I'm reading this correctly, the ROI on the investment opportunity is going to be better than the stock market in terms of short term return. Of course, it would probably be a better investment long term for your IRA/401K, but it looks to be like a good option. If you only have the money for one, I would probably suggest the latter, but it's an interesting option.

Deques

What was name of the Chrome addon that could mass sell all your Steam cards and later got bought by a betting site? And where can I find an old version of it before it got bloated?

illusionary

Where's mah SquareCells+?
(Also, why is there no Slitherlink or a good Link-a-Pix puzzle game on Steam?)

Give him time, I'm sure that we'll get one (we better had!).

What was name of the Chrome addon that could mass sell all your Steam cards and later got bought by a betting site? And where can I find an old version of it before it got bloated?

Steam Inventory Helper? Not sure about old versions though, sorry.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Where's mah SquareCells+?
(Also, why is there no Slitherlink or a good Link-a-Pix puzzle game on Steam?)

He's working on a game built around encryption of text, but I'm confident he'll come back to Squarecells for more later! The model with Hexcells was very smart. Start small and iterate to give us more.

Matthew Brown didn't disappoint - perhaps not quite as good as Hexcells, but SquareCells was easily worth my 59p. It's still on sale for anyone who's not yet bought it.

I still have two levels left :(

Kate is a really great female protagonist, her adventure is wonderful, ... I think if you've ever wanted to quit your job and go on an adventure, you will be able to relate to the mood of the games.

Kate does kind of act like a bitch and a flake in 1 though. I mean she never officially quits her job;
she just runs off holding her company's official documents without sending it to them. (I mean sure, in the towns she visits there isn't much opportunity to do that, but she gives up without sending word.)

Aaron D.

Yours,

Stephen's Sausage Roll is currently neck & neck with RimWorld for my GOTY.

Completely worth full price.

If you think otherwise, you are quite simply not worthy.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Kate does kind of act like a bitch and a flake in 1 though. I mean she never officially quits her job;
she just runs off holding her company's official documents without sending it to them. (I mean sure, in the towns she visits there isn't much opportunity to do that, but she gives up without sending word.)

Well, first, they deserved it. Second, she was going through some personal stuff. It's understandable. The decision to cut ties is more meaningful because it has consequences for her. This is not just a vacation, this is her leaving her life behind.

Stephen's Sausage Roll is currently neck & neck with RimWorld for my GOTY.

Completely worth full price.

If you think otherwise, you are quite simply not worthy.

It's probably worth full price, but I have maybe 1000 games worth full price that I've already bought and not yet played so for me there's a pretty strong barrier to buying something new for full price for that reason. Like, I paid full price for Golden Sun 2 in 2003 and I still haven't finished it.

I'm having a problem with paypal and the humble monthly. When I go to the paypal page and login, it shows me a blank page on the right, where it should be a continue button or something, anyone experiencing the same??

zkylon

zkylewd
Happy Birthday. :)

Yeah, it's most likely worth the money, but since I still haven't finished Analogue or Hate Plus, I'll be waiting til it drops in price.
yea good idea

with analogue i was like, i'll "wait for a sale" and i regretted it so hard so imma get it day 1 this time

but yea $30 is a lot

i also feel it's gonna be a lot of content meant for replayability but i don't tend to replay games :I

Happy birthday!

Posting a picture to taunt zky:

Ff4rxZ5.png
u had to pick the screenshot with a billion spiders too

MazeHaze

Banned
Do you guys see PC gaming becoming more popular with a bigger install base as time goes on, or does it stay about the same?

I'm a living room PC guy, and I really cannot imagine not having a PC hooked up to my TV. It makes sense to me, as our phone screens become PCs, our TV screens do the same. Obviously there are smart functions in TVs, but having the real deal on it seems so practical, functional and seamless.

Edit: I dont even use big picture for steam. I usally have a kbm near by, and if I dont feel like it, I just use my dualshock 4 trackpad as a mouse to surf the web.

Levyne

Banned
Do you guys see PC gaming becoming more popular with a bigger install base as time goes on, or does it stay about the same?

I'm a living room PC guy, and I really cannot imagine not having a PC hooked up to my TV. It makes sense to me, as our phone screens become PCs, our TV screens do the same. Obviously there are smart functions in TVs, but having the real deal on it seems so practical, functional and seamless.

Edit: I dont even use big picture for steam. I usally have a kbm near by, and if I dont feel like it, I just use my dualshock 4 trackpad as a mouse to surf the web.

I don't have my pc connected to my tv, but I've really been enjoying steam link + comfy couch.

The TV in our house is monopolized by people who want to watch TV. It's why I stick to desktop PC and handheld.

Happy Birthday Nzyme!
Happy Birthday NightmareTrigger!

Regarding that 8K gameplay, I'd rather have three of the 4K screens vertically. That seems a pretty good resolution compromise and the bezel stays out of the center.

How is it a weird decision? Seems pretty logical despite how shitty it is. If Oculus is willing to fully fund the development of a project it seems like an easy choice for fiscal stability.
Being an exclusive, Occulus funding is a natural given but compared to Sony's PR push deciding for a VR-multiplat with timed PC Rift exclusivity would still yield them Occulus' money all the while riding on the early hype sales and free PR from Sony from console purchases.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i heard that game runs pretty well on PC

a big part of the reason i'm switching from ps4 to pc is that i'll be able to play a lot of x1 exclusives like forza, gow4 and that new 'sans-timer' dead rising

Wok

he was trying to rub in my face that i can't play it .__.

Since the game is not sold anywhere, I think you should be able to play it if you will. Directly ask the dev, or ask a friend who is was monthly subscriber.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom