• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh, hey, Valve fixed the countdown timer. "This game will unlock in approximately less than an hour" is no more, though. I assumed it was supposed to replace "This game will unlock in approximately 1 hour".

Edit: At least, I'm fairly certain it was 11pm here when Alveari ticked over to "approximately 1 hour". I'll keep a close eye Straimium to be sure.

Edit edit: Edit: The timer is still buggered. Straimium ended up releasing early, however Wallpaper Engine just changed from "... in approximately 1 hour" to "... in approximately less than an hour". Boo.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Alienware put two sought after giveaways up at the same time. Site is exploding

I guarantee half of the people trying to get in aren't even level 3 or 4 or whatever

abracadaver

Oh, hey, Valve fixed the countdown timer. "This game will unlock in approximately less than an hour" is no more, though. I assumed it was supposed to replace "This game will unlock in approximately 1 hour".

Edit: At least, I'm fairly certain it was 11pm here when Alveari ticked over to "approximately 1 hour". I'll keep a close eye Straimium to be sure.

Does it finally show minutes and seconds now?

Also it needs to show the unlock time in the library for preloaded games. I'm sick of having to visit the store page every time.

Ubi doesn't release its GOG games on Steam. The one quasi-exception is Rayman 2, which was used as a pre-order incentive for Rayman Origins.

I didn't even knew they are sold on GOG. Now that they support local payments methods from my country I may try them.

Does it use points? I am close to reaching level 5, just tomorrow. I don't want to waste points.

Levels count the total accumulated points anyway and not available points, so you don't have to worry about losing a level when using the points on their raffles.

Annubis

I'm on episode 4 of The Walking Dead Season 2 and I'm thinking... can one of my decision at least alter some parts of the game? For example, I've been asked what I should do after reunite with everyone and I have 3 options:

- Check Sarah
- Go with Rebecca
- Follow Jane

My question is: If I select "Follow Jane", will I play a different section instead of choosing any of the other 2 options? Or it doesn't matter whatever I choose? (I think it's going to be the latter but I want to be sure in case I need to replay the section or hit YouTube to see what I missed).

By the way, this Season 2 feels more like a movie and less like a game... I'm hoping other Telltale games don't suffer from this :|

Season 2 is very 'you can't change anything'. If you want to actually influence the plot, play The Wolf Among Us.

Hektor

So i just tried that thing with the paperclips, and it seems my PSU is gone for good. Doesn't rule out that other things are fried as well, but I guess I'll have to find out via replacement PSU and some prayers.

Wish me luck

Ludens

Banned

If so there's missing stuff, because on console they have plenty of other DLCs we are missing on PC (the dlcs listed in the steamdb in fact don't cover all dlcs released
https://store.playstation.com/#!/it...=EP0101-CUSA01154_00-MAINGAME00000000:ADD-ONS

Doesn't really seem to be a separate app at all. Maybe on consoles, but so far on PC seems the exact same apps they are now.

Dunno why the posted the transfer thing on the official page then :S
I guess we'll just see in a couple of days.

EDIT: I saw there's an unknown entry, 437232, maybe it's the one with the missing dlcs. It has no price, so maybe they will add it for free to preavious owners.

iiicon

Damn. I thought Ladykiller in a Bind was going live at 10AM, but I just checked Christine Love's twitter account and I have to wait 3 more hours.

Phinor

shadow warrior 2 thursday :0

still thinking if i should get it

Contemplating the exact same. It's ridiculously shooter heavy month with Quantum Break/Gears 4/Battlefield 1/Titanfall 2/CallofDoody times two. The smart thing to do would be to skip as many games as possible and wait for sales but it's going to take a while before the sale prices hit as low as pre-order prices.

Anteater

Contemplating the exact same. It's ridiculously shooter heavy month with Quantum Break/Gears 4/Battlefield 1/Titanfall 2/CallofDoody times two. The smart thing to do would be to skip as many games as possible and wait for sales but it's going to take a while before the sale prices hit as low as pre-order prices.

yeah, if it ends up being good then you get a good game to play early especially if you liked the first one, the price is good but I'm still not sure because of the change of direction with the loot and stuff

damn these preorder discounts

It's ridiculously cheap to pre-order (less than 30€) and will guaranteed be awesome. What's there to think about?

not guaranteed :p

It's ridiculously cheap to pre-order (less than 30€) and will guaranteed be awesome. What's there to think about?

I'm very tempted to get it as I liked the first one, but the loot and procedural generated stuff makes me wary that it could be an unfocused grind fest.

It seems it's currently the cheapest at GMG. Does anyone knows if they're already handing out keys or not?

madjoki

How does one increase level efficiently on Alienware?

Upload 5 in-game screenshots to random group per day.
That gives 25 points per day, which is max.

I'm very tempted to get it as I liked the first one, but the loot and procedural generated stuff makes me wary that it could be an unfocused grind fest.

I have very same concerns and I hope it works properly in SP, I don't really like Co-Op play, since I enjoy gaming at my own pace.
Game isn't actually fully procedural generated, just some parts randomized.

Still preordered because I had cards and since refunds are a thing now.

God damn you, FromSoftware.

This weekend I finally got around to starting The Witcher 3. It's by all means a great RPG so far - vibrant world, beautiful graphics, good side quests, good voice acting, cool setting (I read most of the books so it's even better when you know the backstory) - and I'm super excited to finally be playing it... BUT, the combat is just pitiful compared to Dark Souls 3. It feels weightless. It feels trivial. The stress of a challenging fight is only present on particularly tough mobs, and even then it's still nothing in comparison to fighting my first Lothric Knight. It goes without saying that it's light years away from being able to replicate the sheer adrenaline rush of fighting a Souls boss.

It's insane how unsatisfying other RPGs' combat systems are, once you've been introduced to the Souls games.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Shadow Warrior Special Edition -- MB-7E8BDFCF179C4BB2 - Taken by iiicon. 7 entrants total.

t1476123031z1.png

Tizoc

This weekend I finally got around to starting The Witcher 3. It's by all means a great RPG so far - vibrant world, beautiful graphics, good side quests, good voice acting, cool setting (I read most of the books so it's even better when you know the backstory) - and I'm super excited to finally be playing it... BUT, the combat is just pitiful compared to Dark Souls 3. It feels weightless. It feels trivial. The stress of a challenging fight is only present on particularly tough mobs, and even then it's still nothing in comparison to fighting my first Lothric Knight. It goes without saying that it's light years away from being able to replicate the sheer adrenaline rush of fighting a Souls boss.

It's insane how unsatisfying other RPGs' combat systems are, once you've been introduced to the Souls games.
May i recommend
The ys series

Grief.exe

I found that turning the difficulty up helped as you had to be very cognizant of your surroundings, use all of your abilities, and be perfect with dodging.

Nillansan

For those interested MGSV DE will be a separate app, considering Konami reported you can transfer saves in the new version. The fact there's no news about an upgrade option probably means there won't be such an option at all, so people on PC who wants pre-order dlcs will need to buy the new version (while on console you can simply buy the DLCs).

All the DLC is for multiplayer right?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
probably when the next mad max movie comes out.

Interestingly, it's actually Kennedy Miller Mitchell that owns Mad Max. There won't be another one for at least a while as Miller said he wants to do something "small and fast" before he considers committing to another big-budget blockbuster. I suspect we'll see another game before another film.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Interestingly, it's actually Kennedy Miller Mitchell that owns Mad Max. There won't be another one for at least a while as Miller said he wants to do something "small and fast" before he considers doing another big-budget blockbuster.

A Speedy Gonzalez reboot for Warner Bros., you say?

Part of the Warner Cinematic Universe?

To be followed by the showdown of the century, Daffy vs. Bugs: Start of Rabbit Season... No, Duck Season?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom