• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Campaign Clicker ended up being kind of wack. Assuming you start playing at the exact second the campaign starts, and use an auto-clicker at maximum velocity (i.e. cheat), and purchase upgrades perfectly (there's a point at which upgrades cost more to purchase than they can possibly give you the full length of the campaign--and it actually comes pretty early), you still can't win. However, the more times you lose, the more multiplier you accrue. I would estimate it'd take a 10x or so multiplier to win without cheating, and I would estimate that to get that multiplier without buying things you'd have to play for over a month, which would bring you past the actual presidential election. On the other hand, you can pay real cash to buy multiplier increases.

I can confirm this is likely the actual case as 14,000 people have played and only 0.5% have the first achievement, which requires one victory. Some achievements require hundreds of victories.

Plus it's missing one of the most fundamental UI elements of a good clicker: a way to look at purchases in terms of value per click per second. I have to keep calculator open on a second computer to constantly check what the most efficient purchase is.

Deques

Does anyone have problem with Epistory crashing your computer after like 30 minutes of gameplay? First time the entire screen turned green and I had to restart the computer. Second time the screen went to idle mode but I couldn't wake the screen again and had to restart the computer

drakaenae

Most of TF2 was idling though.
6d6bJUl.png

The new EU4 expansion, Rights of Man, comes out today, along with a load of free content in the new patch. Thanks Paradox, I guess I do have to spend another couple of hundred hours conquering the world, it's not like there's any other big strategy games coming out anytime soon.

Oh, this expansion sounds wonderful. Way of Life for EU4, plus more diplo fun.

Unfortunately Stellaris is getting its new stuff on the 20th, so that must take priority.
There's also rumblings of a Total Warhammer DLC drop this week. Everything strategy is afoot.

Durante

A few notes:
  • A lot of the DS1 and Deadly Premonition time is working on fixes.
  • I have played probably ~450 of those Audiosurf hours in local coop.
  • I think I inadvertently let TLR idle for two days or more at some point.
  • I haven't even completed the expansions for Pillars yet.
  • My 50th most played game sits at 24 hours.

Excluding a couple of clickers, since those just run in the background most of the time. I also have another 100+ hours in USFIV on another account, if I recall correctly. And I'm still terrible at those games.

Unfortunately Stellaris is getting its new stuff on the 20th, so that must take priority.
Oh, so the $9.99 price is confirmed?
I was worried it would be much pricier, given the cost of the last cosmetic DLC, but at that price I'll definitely grab it on launch.

A few notes:
  • A lot of the DS1 and Deadly Premonition time is working on fixes.
  • I have played probably ~450 of those Audiosurf hours in local coop.
  • I think I inadvertently let TLR idle for two days or more at some point.
  • I haven't even completed the expansions for Pillars yet.
  • My 50th most played game sits at 24 hours.

Audiosurf has local coop? In BPM by chance? I may have just found just the right game to play with the SO :D

Arulan

This reminds me that I haven't got M&MX on Steam (I have one of the really nice physical boxes), that would surely sit at >100 hours.

I couldn't put it down. One of these days I need to play it again and find out why everyone seems to like Rangers. Also, I'm jealous of your box. ;)

Durante, I appreciate you keeping Dark Souls in chronological order.
Ucchedavāda;219819749 said:
Oh, so the $9.99 price is confirmed?
I was worried it would be much pricier, given the cost of the last cosmetic DLC, but at that price I'll definitely grab it on launch.

Yup! Paradox knocked it out of the park.

bjaelke

Yup! Paradox knocked it out of the park.
One of the devs posted the following on Twitter last night

Rikard Åslund @RikardAslund
Super happy to see everyone be so excited for Leviathans and Heinlein! (pricing also seem a bit too low this time around ;-))

The perceived value of Plantoids may have been lower than I expected, but not from a dev cost side of things. Trust me. I have the numbers.

FLD

steamtop_1.png

Only reason FFXIII is up there is because I wanted to do all the achievements and some of them require insane amounts of grinding. Trails in the Sky FC would've been in 10th position with 76 hours, otherwise. MGSV is also a bit bloated due to achievements, near the end I had it just running in the background while I was doing homework. The nuke construction takes fucking forever and I had done pretty much everything else by that point.

The concept of MGSV's base-building is so cool, it really is a shame they ruined it with that free-to-play design/monetisation.
One of the devs posted the following on Twitter last night

Rikard Åslund @RikardAslund
Super happy to see everyone be so excited for Leviathans and Heinlein! (pricing also seem a bit too low this time around ;-))

The perceived value of Plantoids may have been lower than I expected, but not from a dev cost side of things. Trust me. I have the numbers.

Heh, I don't doubt it.

The Plantoids DLC just seems dramatically expensive when considering the price the game and CK2's DLC. Like, I don't want it to dampen their desire to expand Stellaris, but as a consumer it just isn't appealing at all at such a price. Don't doubt the quality or anything, though--the portraits (well, heck, art and sound in general) have been consistently wonderful.

My top 5 most played games on Steam are Dota 2, Team Fortress 2, Counter Strike GO, Warframe and Battlefield Bad Company 2. My most played game of 2016 is Overwatch.

Multiplayer all the way. This is why my backlog is an endlessly increasing pit of despair.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
how do you see your most played games anyway? I mean everyone knows my top one, but still

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh

I do NOT remember playing so much Rift. DCU is also surprising, but only because I thought I played most of it when it wasnt on steam, guess not.

TheTrain

DOTA2 is my badge of shame, absolutely hate the game but spent too much time with it. Last played 11.11.2013 so I've got out of it now thought.

I know that feel bro, I'm also missing almost 300 hours in Elite because initially it wasn't on Steam, also Horizon was a separate app for the first 6 month

Seeing this list reminds me that I need to do an NG+ in Zestiria before Berseria hits and I need to revisit XRebirth after 1 years and half.
All in all I'm proud of all this, I've enjoyed every single minutes of my steam library. Even Dota aside the jokes, playing with old Starcraft friends was amazing.

Wok

How can you say you have played Dota2 with less than 1k hours? After 1k hours, I did not even know the rules, heroes and spells.

Pixieking

Banned
Related to time played, Hexcells complete pack was one of the best purchases I've made.

Hexcells
3.9 hrs on record

Hexcells Infinite
58 hrs on record

Hexcells Plus
14.8 hrs on record

That Infinite mode is my go-to for just relaxing with a cup of tea.

I need urgent help please. I accidentally bought something on Steam without funds in my Paypal account or bank account. It went through as a pre-approved payment, which is unfortunate... I have money to put into my Paypal account or bank account to cover the costs, but how long do I actually have before they try to take it? I figure covering the cost on Paypal wouldn't work, since it said it took/is taking most of the money from my bank account. I can put the money into the bank, but I'd need to wait until the morning (about 11 hours).

Am I screwed? I don't want my account to be locked if the payment bounces before I am able to rectify my error. :( Steam support takes forever, so no point writing them I guess.

Without posting a picture:

Star Trek Online: 140 hours
Ragnarok Clicker: 127 Hours
Witcher 3: 117 Hours
Divinity Original Sin: 84
Pillars of Eternity: 79
Fallout NV: 71
Fallout 4: 67
Borderlands: 65
Mad Max: 63
XCOM: 59
Assassin Creed IV: 56
Civ V: 56
Mass Effect: 52
Saint's Row 3: 52
The Red Solstice: 51 (Exe bugged on shutdown and kept counting, closer to 2 hours in reality)
Galactic Civilizations 2: 48
LA Noire: 48
Skyrim: 46
Pinball FX2: 46
Borderlands 2: 44
Assassin's Creed III: 43

Arthea

a spare

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Arthea, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Iesabel -- MB-B5FEEEA97AA5A6B5 - Taken by spacellama

edited: ups, forgot no thank you messages, so no thank you messages, thank you

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
This is all just build up to the real question:

Add up your top five playtimes. Is it lower or higher than your average yearly total hours of anime watched?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom