• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Anyone knows when those Steam Valve days are?

Dev Days is 12th - 13th, kicking off at 10am PT both days.

To me at least, it seems like the first day (tomorrow) is the one with all the interesting stuff. However with no streams, and vods up "soon after" I doubt anyone will get to know whats going on other than through twitter.

Without even looking at my top 5 played games, I'm guessing it looks something like

Football Manager, Football Manager, Football Manager, Football Manager, Football Manager....

Yet I've no plans to buy the newer version coming out.

Ok I looked, top 5 are all Football Manager, 6 is Borderlands 2, 7 is Batman Arkham Knight, 8 is Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, 9 is BioShock Infinite, 10 is Saints Row the Third.

If Battle.net games could be included Starcraft 2 would be no.1 and Diablo 3 no.2. If Nintendo games, Zelda/Mario would be high up!

I usually just play through Single player once and then move onto the next game. I've loads of games around the same playtime as Saints Row, only 2 hours difference between 10th and 30th.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
let me spam too!

Wp6RURO.png

but you can add like 200 hours too elite, cause of the time before it was on steam and horizons got merged with the base release

Durante

If these posts confirm one thing, it's that gaming on Steam can be pretty diverse.

Or at least on SteamGAF.

This is all just build up to the real question:

Add up your top five playtimes. Is it lower or higher than your average yearly total hours of anime watched?
Top five playtimes per year or overall? I think my answer might actually depend on that.
(I have a few years a decade or so back that really swing into anime's favor)

If these posts confirm one thing, it's that gaming on Steam can be pretty diverse.

Or at least on SteamGAF.

It'll be interesting to see which game that actually show up most frequently on these list.

If someone somehow bother to compile it, I'm guessing it'll be Dark Souls II or Skyrim.

Arthea

It'll be interesting to see which game that actually show up most frequently on these list.

If someone somehow bother to compile it, I'm guessing it'll be Dark Souls II or Skyrim.

no need to guess, cs goes first, doto second, nothing much changes in that regard.
if you mean lifetime, it doesn't load anymore for me, not sure what volvo broke this time, but it used to be between cs go, doto, tf2 and DS (first not second)

edited: almost forgot Rocket League is fourth, btw

Naarmight

I thought people would have a lot more play time
jKYXRLY.png

I always get confused by my TF2 stats, my most played classes are "only" around 100 hours, but my least played are less than 30 so it probably adds up to 600-700 hours, so I guess that is a lot of time in menus

Jawmuncher

I need urgent help please. I accidentally bought something on Steam without funds in my Paypal account or bank account. It went through as a pre-approved payment, which is unfortunate... I have money to put into my Paypal account or bank account to cover the costs, but how long do I actually have before they try to take it? I figure covering the cost on Paypal wouldn't work, since it said it took/is taking most of the money from my bank account. I can put the money into the bank, but I'd need to wait until the morning (about 11 hours).

Am I screwed? I don't want my account to be locked if the payment bounces before I am able to rectify my error. :( Steam support takes forever, so no point writing them I guess.

I think you can still be alright so long as the game is payed for. I wouldn't touch it at all though and still contact CS as a safety

Durante

I thought people would have a lot more play time
I think it's also a question of time distribution.

E.g. your top 3 have a lot more time than my top 3, but my #8 has a much higher time than your #8.

There should be a service that draws a chart of this distribution :p

I need urgent help please. I accidentally bought something on Steam without funds in my Paypal account or bank account. It went through as a pre-approved payment, which is unfortunate... I have money to put into my Paypal account or bank account to cover the costs, but how long do I actually have before they try to take it? I figure covering the cost on Paypal wouldn't work, since it said it took/is taking most of the money from my bank account. I can put the money into the bank, but I'd need to wait until the morning (about 11 hours).

Am I screwed? I don't want my account to be locked if the payment bounces before I am able to rectify my error. :( Steam support takes forever, so no point writing them I guess.

Can't you ask someone to transfer some money into your account?
Even though the money doesn't become available immediately the available funds on that account would reflect the incoming transfer I think.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Ohio Jack and The Cup Of Eternity (A.K.A. Infinitrap) -- MB-94CC3F4492CF2F39 - Taken by redlacs
Star Merc -- MB-418C1F893C0C8024 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Carrie's Order Up! -- MB-05DF3F283E4BF486 - Taken by Kifimbo

QuKvFMp.jpg

My top 3 haven't changed much since we last did this. Mostly because I've been playing more on consoles.However, one change is Xcom 2 is in the 8th position on my list.

Deques

We are posting our most played games list so much that we forgot that it's time to guess what hopefully not disappointing Humble Bundle is gonna be.

We are posting our most played games list so much that we forgot that it's time to guess what hopefully not disappointing Humble Bundle is gonna be.

Humble Overwatch bundle.

XCOM Classics collection, XCOM: Declassified, and Xenonauts, with XCOM: EU for $10.

Ludens

Banned
FFXV pre-order dlcs are getting worse and worse: now people who bought the game on Amazon will have a useless skin for the car, but the fact apparently is those dlc items will unlock new boss battles and side-quests.
I think this is even worse than the Watchdogs pre-order thing if all retailers give you access to different sides and bosses.

I'm truly impressed by the accomplishments. I'm not sure I'll ever do more than beat hell (of course first I have to get to hell), but it's all been in good fun
Thanks! It's my single most difficult game achievement but it also took a long time.
Hey, beating Hell is actually one of the most difficult things to do in the game, so if you got that, you got a lot.
Minus the fact I discovered my phobia of bees from playing it.
But that sweet sweet royal jelly :)
Flying Wild Hog, Shadow Warrior 2:

05f9gmfcxnqx.png
Flying Wild Hogs talks right out of my soul. Respect to those alone who respect me. You go FWH!
This is all just build up to the real question:

Add up your top five playtimes. Is it lower or higher than your average yearly total hours of anime watched?
Pretty much went to a stop watching anime since about 4 years but before that anime dominated entertainment since my laptop at that time could barely play any game.

Or at least on SteamGAF.
I'm positively surprised to see Dark Souls PTD on so many lists high up - apart from F2P regulars (TF2, DOTA2) and the usual juggernaut CSGO. Feels good :)

dex3108

FFXV pre-order dlcs are getting worse and worse: now people who bought the game on Amazon will have a useless skin for the car, but the fact apparently is those dlc items will unlock new boss battles and side-quests.
I think this is even worse than the Watchdogs pre-order thing if all retailers give you access to different sides and bosses.

It's not made by Ubisoft so it is fine. XD

Xanathus

Wait for PC version that comes with all DLC included.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom