• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

Can someone with Steam / SteamDB knowledge confirm something for me:

So I own Sunless Sea, but the key is for something called "Sunless Sea Zailors Pack". Owners of either that or the "Lifetime" edition, should receive the new Zubmariner DLC automatically and be able to play.

I can't get it automatically, so had to contact support for a key, and now despite owning it, it refuses to download even though it is listed in my library

- Taking a look at SteamDB, I can't see the "Zailors Pack" in the Zubmariner DLC anywhere. Does that explain the above issues?

Nillansan

header.jpg

Edgeplay huh? I wonder what they mean by motivation time.

I'll take some more GAF buddies, if you're inclined: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pantsattack/

Far Cry 2 should be at 60 hours (I did two back to back playthroughs) and KOTOR should factor too, but I didn't have good internet when I played through them. I'm a little sad about the lack of variety in my top games, but more so that i just don't have much time to play more things.

That looks pretty fun!

Well, what a surprise. Was doing some casual spelunking and ended up doing my second successful Hell Run!
Very close to 500K Big Money. Got a lot by bombing Yama's throne. Climbed up leaderboard alongside nicely, too.

Take that Roboleon, KenOD and folks!!

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
Some of these are padded by card idling or launchers that I left open (there's no way I played Sonic Transformed for that long; I couldn't get the damn thing to work with my old controller).

What was your old controller? The sonic config app whatever it is can be a pain in the ass.

Wok

Well, what a surprise. Was doing some casual spelunking and ended up doing my second successful Hell Run!

Very close to 500K Big Money. Got a lot by bombing Yama's throne. Climbed up leaderboard alongside nicely, too.

Take that Roboleon, KenOD and folks!!

Ahah, I am the first on this screenshot! :D

I got the 500k achievement, but I guess it was in a daily challenge, hence it does not appear in the high scores. These are the 3 achievements I am missing:

pkxVKUJ.png

Uzzy

Just bought Europa Universalis IV from Humble Bundle since it's 75% off. Any recommended DLC packs I should get? Never played an EU game before, but I recently put 30 hours into Stellaris and enjoy the 4x genre (I know, grand strategy is a bit different).

I checked out the subreddit and it seems Art of War and Common Sense are highly recommended. Thoughts?

Don't buy any, refund it before it consumes your life and you end up standing on a street corner telling passers by about how you need to restore the glory of Byzantium.
4th Crusade worst day of my life

Seriously though, Art of War and Common Sense are the two of the three essential DLC packages, with the Sabaton Soundtrack coming in third. The rest are only essential if you want to play a nation that'd benefit from the features in them. There's little point in buying Wealth of Nations if you're not going to play a Merchant Republic for a while, for instance.

Regginator

I'll take some more GAF buddies, if you're inclined: http://steamcommunity.com/id/pantsattack/

Far Cry 2 should be at 60 hours (I did two back to back playthroughs) and KOTOR should factor too, but I didn't have good internet when I played through them. I'm a little sad about the lack of variety in my top games, but more so that i just don't have much time to play more things.

That looks pretty fun!

All that matters is that you have DXHR and Dishonored in your top 3.

You have my blessings.
Don't care 0,0 about Saints Row 3 though

rtcn63

The main protagonist of GOW4's face looks weird to me. He has a wide, wide jaw, and vague features that exist only to say that he's supposed to be ungodly attractive. The other characters come off more realistic. Like they couldn't get BJ Blazkowitz, so they hired his lesser known but vaguely similar looking little brother.

FoneBone

What was your old controller? The sonic config app whatever it is can be a pain in the ass.

It was a generic Xinput/Dinput controller sold by RadioShack. Now have a different generic Xinput/Dinput gamepad (Logitech F310) which thankfully works without issues, but I haven't spent much time playing the game yet.

Ahah, I am the first on this screenshot! :D

I got the 500k achievement, but I guess it was in a daily challenge, hence it does not appear in the high scores. These are the 3 achievements I am missing:

pkxVKUJ.png
I just did Good Teamwork yesterday alone with two controllers. It's surprisingly doable. Would recommend it to you.

Monooboe

If you're ok with oppressive gameplay mechanics, Sunless Sea will deliver some fiendishly clever writing and open the window into a world unlike any other.

Yay.

Ok hmh, Oppressive gameplay sounds like I'm going to end up breaking something... but good writing and unique world really do sound interesting!

Corpekata

Banned
Think the latest Win 10 update screwed with my mouse somehow. MB 4 suddenly not working at all. Only noticed it a bit after a Win 10 update.

I already played the demo for testing my GTX 1070 that I got in July but, I got DOOM (2016) at Walmart for 20 bucks. That's now 2 physical PC games I bought this year (the other was Guild Wars 2 Heart of Thorns that I got on sale at Gamestop.)

Knurek

It does not look that accurate: for FF XIII, did you play 53 hours in 1 run (of 26 seconds)?

I've played this game before I started using Gameplay Time Tracker, timedata for it (and a few others, those without icons) is from Steam profile.
(And of course, for PC games a few of the runs are usually for testing various presets, setting up some fixes, etc). :)

Tellaerin

Are we doing this?
It looks like we're doing this.

Okay, then. Here goes.

I probably have a few extra hours on anything with cards thanks to Idle Master, but honestly, that's hardly enough to make a difference with these.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom