• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have always wanted to play a Gears game but have never had the chance. I kinda feel like I should start from the start though.

The Ultimate Edition comes with backwards compatible versions of the previous Gears games for XBOX ONE (Physical version has them as codes in the case...Digital version they get messaged to you later)

or you can look in the BST thread and see if people are still selling them there...have seen a lot there

this is all assuming you have an XBOX ONE

Teeth

The Ultimate Edition comes with backwards compatible versions of the previous Gears games for XBOX ONE (Physical version has them as codes in the case...Digital version they get messaged to you later)

or you can look in the BST thread and see if people are still selling them there...have seen a lot there

this is all assuming you have an XBOX ONE

Oh, I thought that the backwards compat versions only came with pre-orders on the Gears Ultimate edition.

I should get an XBox One one of these days, but I'll probably just wait for a Scorpio. And I can't really afford one right now. I've had a sealed copy of Bloodborne on my desk for 3 months because I can't really afford a PS4 and now I'm basically waiting to find a used PS4pro.

Why can't everything come to PC? Ha.

It doesn't actually re-download the entire game again does it? And i've got 125 gigs free on that drive so hopefully that's not the cause of the problem.

No it downloads the update into a new folder, then copies the 73gb from your old folder into the new one so you'll need an extra 73gb to do the transfer.

I think you can still be alright so long as the game is payed for. I wouldn't touch it at all though and still contact CS as a safety
Can't you ask someone to transfer some money into your account?
Even though the money doesn't become available immediately the available funds on that account would reflect the incoming transfer I think.
How Paypal deals with this varies by country and by risk level assigned to your account. I had a $250 server charge screw up like this once, and in the end Paypal paid the server company and just sent me an email saying "hey, top up your damn account, idiot". I can't remember if that was Canada or the US. But I did pay that charge monthly for years so my account was probably classified as high spending low risk, versus most accounts.
Thanks for the responses, much appreciated. What I decided to do was immediately put money across into the Paypal account, incase they would try to take from there (after not being able to get the money from the bank). I rushed over to the bank as soon as it opened this morning and put money into the account, so I should be covered either way. My concern was if they tried to take it straight away it would look really bad for me and Steam or my bank probably wouldn't have been happy.

As of about 15 hours later, nothing has happened with either account. They haven't taken any money. The whole reason I made this mistake was due to Steam being in my pre-approved list on Paypal, as well as my own stupidity. lol. I paid with the wrong account; since there was no confirmation page - it went through instantly. I have removed them from the list so hopefully it will be a one time mistake. Seems to be the best way to go about it. Thanks again guys, I'm pretty sure it will be fine now. Crisis averted.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Metal Gear was right?
Since their hosts are the most numerous and diverse animals in the world, Wolbachia must surely be one of the most successful microbes around. Sometimes, it manipulates the sex lives of its hosts, transforming males into females or even killing them outright. Sometimes, it provides benefits like vitamins or resistance to viruses. The latter skill is important to us, since Wolbachia’s presence can prevent mosquitoes from spreading the viruses behind dengue fever, Zika, yellow fever, and other important diseases.
http://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2016/10/the-virus-with-spider-dna/503585/
Zky warning on the link.

SLAYER SHOCK CAME OUT A WEEK AND A HALF AGO!?!?!!?!?

Talk about stealth release. I haven't heard a peeeeeeeep.

header.jpg

ss_ef5f92f7ca59a05563b9dd4ae72ad0e8b56dba0a.1920x1080.jpg
ss_c4806f7c7584da668723097604188399ad2905d6.1920x1080.jpg

ss_0efc73d61d4e843736125938d58a8f7391498b02.1920x1080.jpg
ss_0527a5dfdf784f9faaf4cdac148c238ef2d05ea6.1920x1080.jpg
http://store.steampowered.com/app/501860
Gameplay trailer.
A role-playing shooter about hunting vampires in Nebraska. Take missions to patrol the streets, rescue captive humans, and weaken the undead threat. Assemble a team, hunt the vampires, and save your hometown!

It has procedural generated city or country layouts. It continually creates new story lines a la pro-wrestling. Made by David Pittman who previously released Eldritch and NEON STRUCT.

Steam Cloud is enabled for Mafia 3. Also game is at almost 250K sold copies on Steam (not bad but not good either).

For less than a week, it's actually pretty good for a mixed-reviewed game. Deus Ex MD was doing about the same numbers as well back then, and it's now sitting at 350k-ish. Hitman has sold 270k copies so far, SFV can barely reach 200k and Quantum Break is still struggling to reach 50k copies sold.

Slime Rancher has beautiful Steam Controller integration. It already has an official profile by the developer, native prompts, and going to the controller menu while in-game pulls up the Steam Controller layout-menu. You don't have to quit and relaunch at all. (Inverted Y and trackball on please)

If Oxenfree is a remote indication of what Night School and Skybourne is capable of in the future, Tell Tale may as well throw all their games in the dumpster now.

Jimrpg

Bit LTTP but...

Have really only been a PC Gamer the last two years.

Even though I don't really consider myself a 'sports gamer' I still love FM, PES and NBA 2k. I buy them once every few years and I don't really mind the old rosters cause in PES I make my own team anyway in Master League and in NBA sometimes I do a fantasy draft.

I still haven't finished Dark Souls yet. I find it way harder than Demon's Souls. I rang the second bell and then realised the game really was just beginning... well half way anyway I think.

LOVE Sleeping Dogs, one of my favourite games ever. Both Dark Souls and Sleeping Dogs I played on my Macbook Retina had crappy framerates (it had a 1GB GTX 650m) but still really enjoyed the game.

The Witness is probably my GOTY this year and Dirt Rally was my GOTY last year.

I also put in 60+ hours into The Witcher 3 but that's on GOG.

Drayco21

I was going to post my list, but it's just 688 hours of Marvel Heroes, 41 hours of KOTOR 2 and then some varying random number of fairly small hours for most everything else- I guess I didn't really use Steam that much before this year.

And like four hours of The Deer, I guess, because I forgot it was still idling for cards in the background once.

Mafia III is a good "bad" game...bad being the technical issues

I don't blame people for refunding or anything. I'd say to wait and get it at whatever price you think is acceptable (or never if you don't like it obviously). Some of the issues that happen are just borderline laughable considering someone had to test this and go "Ok, that's good". Story wise it's interesting and the characters are done well.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Can someone with Steam / SteamDB knowledge confirm something for me:

So I own Sunless Sea, but the key is for something called "Sunless Sea Zailors Pack". Owners of either that or the "Lifetime" edition, should receive the new Zubmariner DLC automatically and be able to play.

I can't get it automatically, so had to contact support for a key, and now despite owning it, it refuses to download even though it is listed in my library

- Taking a look at SteamDB, I can't see the "Zailors Pack" in the Zubmariner DLC anywhere. Does that explain the above issues?

Which sub did the DLC key activate, exactly? The beta and dev subs contain the app but are missing the data depots themselves.

Wok

Dota2 will have tomorrow its "TV series" DLC, called True Sight, and added to the Steam library, for Battle Pass owners.
More details here: http://blog.dota2.com/2016/10/true-sight-a-new-documentary-series/

After the broadcast schedule has concluded, the full version will be available for Battle Pass owners to watch at any time in your Steam Library starting on Friday, October 14 at 4:00 PM PDT.

For now, check out a special preview of True Sight below.

Momentary

Banned
DAAAAMN!!!! Blue Revolver is such a fantastic addition to the shmup genre I might end up playing it more than DoDonPachi.

The game's soundtrack is also just.... so damn good. I don't think there has been a game releaseday this year that even cones close to being this good. Only thing I can see dethroning it this year would be Danmaku Unlimited 3, but it looks like it's getting pushed back to 2017.

shockdude

DAAAAMN!!!! Blue Revolver is such a fantastic addition to the shmup genre I might end up playing it more than DoDonPachi.

The game's soundtrack is also just.... so damn good. I don't think there has been a game releaseday this year that even cones close to being this good. Only thing I can see dethroningredients it this year would be Danmaku Unlimited 3, but it looks like it's getting pushed back to 2017.
I finally got around to watching the trailer for that game, and oh man wow. Absolutely wishlisted.

Deques

Nuuvem is doing a bundle
http://superbrbundle.nuuvem.com/

15 games for 20 Brazilian money ~ $6.

It seems you can use a Brazilian VPN and buy it for cheap. Haven't tried it myself though

Games included
  • Chroma Squad
  • Stock Car Extreme
  • Toren
  • Porcunipine
  • Aritana and the Harpy's Feather
  • Holodrive
  • Pesadelo - Regressão
  • Painters Guild
  • Damned
  • HTR+ Slot Car Simulation
  • Oniken
  • Dreaming Sarah
  • Qasir al-Wasat: International Edition
  • Adventurezator: When Pigs Fly
  • Phoenix Force

Nzyme32

Which sub did the DLC key activate, exactly? The beta and dev subs contain the app but are missing the data depots themselves.

The exact title was something along the lines of "Zubmariner for beta testing", which the support folks at FBG seem to be certain should work. They said there were others with the same issue and would investigate it in the morning (a few hours). From what she mentioned it sounds like the Zailors Pack owners are not meant to get the dlc automatically through Steam but need to contact FBG for the key by design, which I don't understand, unless that Zailors Pack is owned by a mix of EA and normal purchasers, so they want to determine purchase time and who is eligible to get it free...maybe

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The exact title was something along the lines of "Zubmariner for beta testing", which the support folks at FBG seem to be certain should work. They said there were others with the same issue and would investigate it in the morning (a few hours). From what she mentioned it sounds like the Zailors Pack owners are not meant to get the dlc automatically through Steam but need to contact FBG for the key by design, which I don't understand, unless that Zailors Pack is owned by a mix of EA and normal purchasers, so they want to determine purchase time and who is eligible to get it free...maybe

You'd think that the Zailor's Pack would include the DLC by default, but, yeah, the sub you activated is missing the data depots. They were removed a few weeks ago for some reason.

Jimrpg

Is Sunless Sea a hard game? I read in a review its a roguelike? Do you get to carry anything over to the next game?

Seems interesting but I don't think I would play it much if its difficult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom