• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's easy. Remove region locks, trade hold and 2 hr card drop delay.

My 2 hour delay is gone. Turns out the last time I refunded something was more than a year ago, maybe it wears off after 12 months.

The idlemaster glitch still has issues with games under 2 hours but they drop fine inside of 2 hours when just playing a game.

Tizoc

Is it me or is Borderlands 1 rather grindy?
If the pattern is constant it should be in the next week or two ~20th October.

I need to know what it is so I know whether to even bother with Sega anymore.

Eh you'll find something to get from SEGA one way or the other :V
In my case I'm grabbing their 3DS titles~

Finally HL3!

9e72uxv.jpg

Kaleinc

Banned
Result spoiler - Low cost region games sell exponentially more than other regions > cost of low cost regions increased to combat loss of revenue > said countries citizens pirate games instead since they are no longer affordable for said region > said region no longer supported by developers

Cards are gained and sold with refund period > increase in smurf accounts > rinse and repeat > increase of games purely existing for card revenue (digital homicide clones)
That's easy too
Low cost region games sell exponentially more than other regions > cost of low cost regions increased to combat loss of revenue > said countries citizens pirate games instead since they are no longer affordable for said region > loss of revenue > cost of low cost regions decreased

Onto the next one.

Refunds are removed > no more day 1 shit games > card drop rate restored
> no more pre orders
||||||
steam is great again

Nzyme32

That's easy too

Onto the next one.

Refunds are removed > no more day 1 shit games > card drop rate restored
> no more pre orders
||||||
steam is great again

Touché - but a bit idealistic. The only reason low cost regions exist is because those folks can not afford the game at what we would consider the "usual" price. They won't make games cheaper in your example

Backlogger

Sorry if this is old news, but this is a Kickstarter game from a while back, used to be called "Planets Cube" but got renamed to "Stellar Overload". Now has a store page and can be purchased as Early Access

J_Viper

So I can buy a key for RE4 from my friend, but he's not sure if it's the standard version, or the more recent Ultimate Edition

Any way to tell?

Saty

If i understood correctly, Valve has VR content\products in the making that will be announced sometime in 2017.

People at Steam Dev Days got their free stuff:

I want this little fella:
I'd use that as a keychain for sure!
It looks great. Eldritch was decent, especially for a project that took less than a year to make.

I just wish he'd put his base prices down juuuuust a bit. $5-10 and I buy the game outright. $20, I feel like a sucker not waiting for the inevitable bundle.
I want to support before a bundle, but I know what you mean. I've bought multiples of his games to give away too.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Played Paladins for a bit, quite enjoying it.

Though it seems very very very unbalanced, in the sense that the team that wins the first bout takes the match

Is it me or is Borderlands 1 rather grindy?

Eh you'll find something to get from SEGA one way or the other :V
In my case I'm grabbing their 3DS titles~

I gave up on my 3DS, too uncomfortable.

What I'm saying is, is that I'm hungry for something not mobile or handheld from Sega.

Nzyme32

"Updating Steam in a major way in a couple of weeks"

-

"We're adding support for all popular game controllers to the Steam API." [This will be discussed at the Steam Controller talk tomorrow - not sure what it means]

I'll just keep imagining it's RoF

Everyone knows my wishlist with Capcom is Okami HD, Ghost Trick, Asura's Wrath, God Hand et Ace Attorney series.

For SEGA ? It's pretty simple: Shenmue I/II HD, Yakuza, Resonance of Fate, Bayonetta, Vanquish and Virtua Fighter 5. :")

Wok

Wait what countries fall under 'Asia'?

There are South Asia and South East Asia too.

I would say China, India, Indonesia, South Korea, Japan.

The difference between S Asia and SE Asia might be India. Between SE Asia and Asia, it might just be China which makes for the difference.

Nzyme32

How Valve sees developers connecting with customers on Steam in future

CulbvK2VMAALm9K.jpg:large

Could really do with actually hearing the keynote. Ah well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom